Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,891 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,902
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » Reviews & Impressions » What a waste of money

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  tallguy

Novice Member

Joined: 7/18/11
Posts: 13

 
OP  8/24/12 7:01:08 PM#1

Diablo 3 review after playing 400+ hours

Pros:

1. When you first start playing its all new and fresh, the art is great and nice overall visuals

2. Until you hit Inferno, feeling overpowered and slicing through monsters is fun

Cons:

1. The odds of a usefull item or something you can sell for a nice profit in the AH dropping are like 1%. In over 400 hours of playing I've had 1 item drop (a legendary recipie) that sells in Ah for 5mil.

2. Because of the lack of good drops in Inferno, you are forced to use the AH/RMAH and everything that would be usefull for actually passing Act 1 or 2 is beyond reach for 80% of the players.

3. The players who got lucky with items in the begining or used bots to farm now run the economy and keep prices sky high.

4. Repetitive scenery and gameplay. Whoever thought it would be fun to farm the same thing a million times to upgrade a single piece of armor or weapon is a sadastic bastard.

 

Rating:

Eyecandy - 9/10, it looks really nice

Enjoyment - 5/10, once you hit inferno you feel like throwing your computer out the window

Replayability - 2/10, you get bored and frustrated pretty quickly spending 2-3 hours farming and with nothing to show for it

Overall Score: 5/10, save your money for something better

 

  tabindex

Novice Member

Joined: 4/28/12
Posts: 75

8/24/12 7:03:52 PM#2

400 hours, yet a 2/10 for replayability.

 

Nicely done.  I admire your skills Mr. Peanut.

  tallguy

Novice Member

Joined: 7/18/11
Posts: 13

 
OP  8/24/12 7:28:29 PM#3
Originally posted by tabindex

400 hours, yet a 2/10 for replayability.

 

[mod edit]

 

You keep playing because you want to get a nice drop but there comes a point where you have to call it quits and move on to something better like GW2

  jpnz

Elite Member

Joined: 6/29/06
Posts: 3463

8/24/12 7:53:44 PM#4
Originally posted by tallguy
Originally posted by tabindex

400 hours, yet a 2/10 for replayability.

 

[mod edit]

 

You keep playing because you want to get a nice drop but there comes a point where you have to call it quits and move on to something better like GW2

The point of the Diablo series has always been item grinding.

So not sure why anyone would complain about item grinding in a game known for item grinding.

I don't complain about playing Football while playing Madden 2012 because the point of Madden 2012 is to play Football.

 

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  tallguy

Novice Member

Joined: 7/18/11
Posts: 13

 
OP  8/25/12 9:11:51 AM#5
Originally posted by jpnz
The point of the Diablo series has always been item grinding.

 

then calling it an RPG is misleading on the part of Blizzard

its really an AH & item Grind sim where the only point is to repeat the same thing millions of times for the slim chance that maybe one day you'll just get lucky when all the planets and stars align just so

 

The saddest part of the game is the online requirement

they could have done so much more with the game using that functionality but alas its only used at the moment for the AH

 

 

  FrodoFragins

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/29/10
Posts: 2757

8/27/12 6:13:32 PM#6
Originally posted by jpnz

The point of the Diablo series has always been item grinding.

The problem is D3 is mainly about gold grinding with occasional items to sell for gold or RM.

 

The latest patch at least adds a D2 like level grind.

 

 

  Silok

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/06
Posts: 742

8/27/12 6:24:39 PM#7

The funny thing about your thread is the title. What a waste of money.. Still you have over 400 hours of gaming.

The logic in this is beyond me...

  VicodinTaco

Novice Member

Joined: 2/28/05
Posts: 649

8/27/12 6:30:24 PM#8
I'm not sure I've played any game over 400 hours.  Maybe if you add up ALL the Civ games I've played over the last 20 years but even then I still don't think so.  I've wasted all my money.
  thekid1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/10/05
Posts: 772

8/27/12 6:35:13 PM#9

You played 400 (!!!) hours and call it a waste of money?

I don't even play Bethesda RPG's for 400 hours.. or GTA games and those games are massive.

 

Edit.

In fact I've played  A LOT of Team Fortress 2 over the last three years and stil lti only totals to 2000 hours.

Diablo 3 is only a few months old and you already have 400!!

You must've really loved the game.

  eyelolled

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 3082

I am more than some of my parts

8/27/12 6:53:22 PM#10

Look, I really don't care about spreading the hate for Diablo III but giving the game a 2/10 for replayability when you've logged over 400 hours seems crazy. I highly recommend changing your post to say you typo'd and it's really 40 hours.

 

just sayin

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

  User Deleted
9/28/12 11:16:51 AM#11
Originally posted by eyelolled

Look, I really don't care about spreading the hate for Diablo III but giving the game a 2/10 for replayability when you've logged over 400 hours seems crazy. I highly recommend changing your post to say you typo'd and it's really 40 hours.

 

just sayin

 

Wait, you're lambasting him for saying he played the game for 400 hours and he gave it a 2/10 for replayability?

Right, and if he played the game for 40 hours, you would say that he "didnt play enough" and "didnt give the game a chance"

Btw, I've played Warcraft 3 for over six years nearly every other day. I probably have over 10,000 hours clocked into that game. Now THAT is replayability.

  RavingRabbid

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/11/09
Posts: 1117

Remember Rabbids cant play MMO's, but they can dance!

9/28/12 11:23:30 AM#12
I didn't play it much after beating diablo with friend. Story seemed short, and The gameplay became shallow and repetitive quick. It was fun for short time. 400 hours or did you mistype 40? Might wanna change your initial post.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: SWTOR, Marvel Heroes and WOT.

  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/21/11
Posts: 7246

9/28/12 11:49:52 AM#13
I didn't even finish the story on the noon mode on a single character.

Endless portaling to town to sell stuff
Forced to start in stroll in the park difficulty
Boring / useless to you loot drops to encourage you to get on the rmah
Slow pace

Basicly really bloody boring

TL2 has none of the above and is way more fun for it. I do like the voice work in diablo3 though.
  killkool

Novice Member

Joined: 7/29/04
Posts: 72

11/09/12 9:56:12 PM#14

That also the whole problem with diablo III, people want too get a green item. Or set item. The grinding kills the game. And if reach lvl 60 you at your cap. In diablo II you had no such things it was fun too play you could also get on the battelnet I. And you played the game over and over again. Now you need the internet. If you can not afford internet you are doomed also if you play it single.

A shame for such a good game till diablo III came out.

 

 

  Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/09/12
Posts: 390

11/15/12 6:01:31 PM#15
Originally posted by killkool

That also the whole problem with diablo III, people want too get a green item. Or set item. The grinding kills the game. And if reach lvl 60 you at your cap. In diablo II you had no such things it was fun too play you could also get on the battelnet I. And you played the game over and over again. Now you need the internet. If you can not afford internet you are doomed also if you play it single.

A shame for such a good game till diablo III came out.

 

 

The whole problem might be that you are playing a game whos main purpose is to grind for gear.

 

Why play diablo 3 if you dislike grind?  Diablo invented the gear grinding dungeon crawler.....

  erictlewis

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/08/08
Posts: 3057

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

11/15/12 6:10:43 PM#16
Originally posted by tallguy

Diablo 3 review after playing 400+ hours

Pros:

1. When you first start playing its all new and fresh, the art is great and nice overall visuals

2. Until you hit Inferno, feeling overpowered and slicing through monsters is fun

Cons:

1. The odds of a usefull item or something you can sell for a nice profit in the AH dropping are like 1%. In over 400 hours of playing I've had 1 item drop (a legendary recipie) that sells in Ah for 5mil.

2. Because of the lack of good drops in Inferno, you are forced to use the AH/RMAH and everything that would be usefull for actually passing Act 1 or 2 is beyond reach for 80% of the players.

3. The players who got lucky with items in the begining or used bots to farm now run the economy and keep prices sky high.

4. Repetitive scenery and gameplay. Whoever thought it would be fun to farm the same thing a million times to upgrade a single piece of armor or weapon is a sadastic bastard.

 

Rating:

Eyecandy - 9/10, it looks really nice

Enjoyment - 5/10, once you hit inferno you feel like throwing your computer out the window

Replayability - 2/10, you get bored and frustrated pretty quickly spending 2-3 hours farming and with nothing to show for it

Overall Score: 5/10, save your money for something better

 

You played 400 hours and you are citing 2/10 of replayability,, and you say you got boared after 2-3 hours.   Hmm something dont sound right about all that.  Just saying your title waste of money and you played 400 hours lol.   

For me the game was ok I palyed it until I hit inferno mode, and well at that time I quit, no reason in keep playing the same old thing. I think I got my moneys worth. 

  killkool

Novice Member

Joined: 7/29/04
Posts: 72

11/16/12 8:34:08 PM#17

Diablo has a content it has a tall too tell. But i never heard in every game i played go grind your games a did  it with titan quest immortal thrones slaying that boss monster was a piece of cake but after 40  times you slained it you get pretty boared, beside a gave all my purple items away. What had a on 20 purple items. Now the game lies somewhere.

In diablo it is the same you play several months and then you on with on other game, why chase green items as in end you play something else again.

It fun too follow the tail. Maybe 1 time or 2 times with an other character but you let go bye.

The price of this game drops in time then all bye it. And it is not a hype anymore.

 

 

 

  emperorwings

Hard Core Member

Joined: 12/25/06
Posts: 1307

11/16/12 10:01:45 PM#18
Broke even in AH so D3 ended up costing me $0

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

  niceguy3978

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/06
Posts: 1976

11/16/12 10:06:58 PM#19
Originally posted by tallguy

Diablo 3 review after playing 400+ hours

Pros:

1. When you first start playing its all new and fresh, the art is great and nice overall visuals

2. Until you hit Inferno, feeling overpowered and slicing through monsters is fun

Cons:

1. The odds of a usefull item or something you can sell for a nice profit in the AH dropping are like 1%. In over 400 hours of playing I've had 1 item drop (a legendary recipie) that sells in Ah for 5mil.

2. Because of the lack of good drops in Inferno, you are forced to use the AH/RMAH and everything that would be usefull for actually passing Act 1 or 2 is beyond reach for 80% of the players.

3. The players who got lucky with items in the begining or used bots to farm now run the economy and keep prices sky high.

4. Repetitive scenery and gameplay. Whoever thought it would be fun to farm the same thing a million times to upgrade a single piece of armor or weapon is a sadastic bastard.

 

Rating:

Eyecandy - 9/10, it looks really nice

Enjoyment - 5/10, once you hit inferno you feel like throwing your computer out the window

Replayability - 2/10, you get bored and frustrated pretty quickly spending 2-3 hours farming and with nothing to show for it

Overall Score: 5/10, save your money for something better

 

Edit:  nevermind, it was said repeatedly already.

  Mahavishnu

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/17/12
Posts: 333

11/16/12 10:08:45 PM#20

I did not buy it, but I think the game is fine.

The problem are the players: What do you want? Do you want item-grind? Yes or no?

I hate item-grind and I hate the whole direction Blizzard has turn its games to. This whole auctionhouse-items-grind-endgame-gold-pregression-thing is ugly. But they never promised to do anything else with Diablo. So I do not understand the criticism.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search