Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,033 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,332
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » Reviews & Impressions » Farmville + Satan = Diablo 3

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

6/18/12 7:50:01 AM#21

Just reading the subject line alone, I can already tell that I agree 100% with the OP.  I kept saying it was a 4/10 before the RMAH launched.  I'd like to change it to a 0/10.  As in... this is not a video game at all.  Unless "hey, everybody, please donate money to us right now" counts as a video game...  In which case, the Red Cross does it better.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

6/18/12 7:54:58 AM#22

so cute those kids nowadays.

why do you think diablo 2 was played over 10 years? because items drop on first run? surely not.

the AH only gives you an option for the case that no shit ever drops, you sell the items you dont need and buy some stuff you can use.

you CAN decide to completely ignore the AH too tho.

that's when you go into the direction of a few years till you have your equipment tho, and THAT's when most of you would really start crying *mommy, i want me itams now*

seriously, a whining gamer is a healthy gamer ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

immodium

Hard Core Member

6/18/12 7:59:45 AM#23
Originally posted by Chemcal

Diablo 3 is the biggest pile of garbage to come out of blizzard since Darkthorne.

OT. I've heard of Blackthorne by Blizzard. You can't be talking about that game though as it was awesome. :)

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

6/18/12 8:54:26 AM#24
Originally posted by Thane

so cute those kids nowadays.

why do you think diablo 2 was played over 10 years? because items drop on first run? surely not.

the AH only gives you an option for the case that no shit ever drops, you sell the items you dont need and buy some stuff you can use.

you CAN decide to completely ignore the AH too tho.

that's when you go into the direction of a few years till you have your equipment tho, and THAT's when most of you would really start crying *mommy, i want me itams now*

seriously, a whining gamer is a healthy gamer ^^

You missed the whole point of why Diablo 2 kicks the crap out of D3 to this day... it's the complete non-existence of the RMT auctions in D2.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

mate0377

Apprentice Member

6/18/12 9:00:40 AM#25

I dont know how the gambling works in D3 (never played it) but I've played D2 for quite long time and I could give myself infinite gold with hex editor and I did spend maybe 1billion gold on gambling and I found that at least 20mil gold was needed to get epic item and like 300mil gold to get epic item with atributes I wanted  and even with the best gear. It was impossible to finish the game on inferno mode with my barbarian

So if D3 has simmilar grinding system with gambling like D2 well I am sorry for people playing infinite grind game without end. Because I wasnt able to finish D2 on inferno with best gear and infinite gold

Xoden

Novice Member

10/08/12 7:51:22 AM#26
lol that's definitely one way of putting it. I agree the RMT stuff definitely could of been handled better. but it must be kind of tough to handle a virtual economy with this much scope and items that are containing so many RNG variables. also difficult to see how the game would pan out on a live server environment with millions of active players, not just a beta server with a few thousands.
Xoden Xfire Miniprofile
  strangepowers

Apprentice Member

SCAD Animation-Film-F/X

10/08/12 7:53:25 AM#27

Necroed again.

The scary part is one day the world will be run by adults who were never spanked as kids and got trophies just for participating.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search