Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Hearthstone | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,708 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,224
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » 6th Character class to be revealed and added before launch *look*

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
43 posts found
  Shodanas

Advanced Member

5/02/12 2:24:44 PM#21
So, you are telling us that they are going to reveal a new class which has not been through beta testing? And no, in house testing doesn't even come close to beta. Not in a game like Diablo. 
  styles74

Novice Member

"aging gamer"

5/02/12 2:42:31 PM#22

My friend works at GameStop and she texted me that the delivery today was sealed and marked "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MAY 8th".  Which coincedentally is exactly one week after they released the Wizard.  Is it possible there is artwork on the Diablo Box that gives away the 6th class? 

- John Wooden

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

5/02/12 2:46:10 PM#23

Truly it seems preposterous to add a 6th class which has not been tested to the game right before release, but if you take a look at that link, what else would you expect to appear in that bubble. 

I mean there are five bubbles each of which has a character portrait inside, then one bubble with a lock and then one with release date.

If I saw this without any context or information available, it would automatically occur to me that the last bubble will also include portrait of some character...we'll see..cannot wait :)

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

Aori

Advanced Member

5/02/12 2:48:05 PM#24
Originally posted by coretex666

Truly it seems preposterous to add a 6th class which has not been tested to the game right before release, but if you take a look at that link, what else would you expect to appear in that bubble. 

I mean there are five bubbles each of which has a character portrait inside, then one bubble with a lock and then one with release date.

If I saw this without any context or information available, it would automatically occur to me that the last bubble will also include portrait of some character...we'll see..cannot wait :)

The character i'm sure would have been tested heavily if there was one. The last lock will be a picture of diablo however, sorry guys no paladin.

Irus

Novice Member

5/02/12 2:48:34 PM#25
Originally posted by Shodanas
And no, in house testing doesn't even come close to beta. Not in a game like Diablo. 

Most... quality testing is actually done in-house. Player testing is horrifically terrible in comparison. Player testing doesn't really do anything except find bugs from the player perspective, see how the game plays, do stress test, balance test, that kind of stuff. Do you know what real testing looks like? Sitting and clicking the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and recording it somewhere and seeing what sequence makes something break.

Blizzard has devs playing in places like Inferno. Who do you think tested 90% of the game. Blizzard did. In-house. And I'd be highly worried if it was otherwise. Beta only got a small portion of act 1 and rotated skills. You can't test much with that at all.

The whole idea of player beta test is actually pretty new and more of a marketing scheme than anything. It was never needed and plenty of games came out bug free and balanced without it in the past.

centkin

Advanced Member

5/02/12 2:56:21 PM#26
I was not in any of the betas for this game and was thinking of just buying it when it came out.  I saw someone refer to something "class sigils?"  Does this mean that if I follow with my plan I will be shooting myself in the foot and there is something I should be doing RIGHT NOW to not end up way behind at the beginning?
  nyxium

Novice Member

Tumbling down the rabbit hole?

5/02/12 3:02:59 PM#27
Kung Fu Panda is hidden 6th class. But is shrouded in mystery mists until a hellish cataclysm reveals their homeland.. 

styles74

Novice Member

"aging gamer"

5/02/12 3:03:00 PM#28
Originally posted by centkin
I was not in any of the betas for this game and was thinking of just buying it when it came out.  I saw someone refer to something "class sigils?"  Does this mean that if I follow with my plan I will be shooting myself in the foot and there is something I should be doing RIGHT NOW to not end up way behind at the beginning?

Nope ... it's for show basically.

But still kind of cool... you can design in advance a sigil ... which basically is a your clickable flag that someone can click on in town that instantly ports them to you..

It's not a big deal, but in some context you're missing out.

I just realized that each week (and only during that week) you can design a special in game "class" sigil.  I just did the Wizard one (which is still available for 5 more days).

I sort of felt like I was collecting happy meal toys simultaneously.  So it was worth reliving collecting star wars drinking glasses again.

- John Wooden

User Deleted
5/02/12 3:15:49 PM#29
There won't be a 6th class.
  Zerd

Novice Member

5/02/12 3:17:33 PM#30
Originally posted by styles74

My friend works at GameStop and she texted me that the delivery today was sealed and marked "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MAY 8th".  Which coincedentally is exactly one week after they released the Wizard.  Is it possible there is artwork on the Diablo Box that gives away the 6th class? 

This is misleading... ALL new release shipments for EVERY new release game/movie/book/cd is labeled DO NOT OPEN UNTIL XX/XX/XXXX (X being the date).

styles74

Novice Member

"aging gamer"

5/02/12 3:23:28 PM#31
Originally posted by Zerd
Originally posted by styles74

This is misleading... ALL new release shipments for EVERY new release game/movie/book/cd is labeled DO NOT OPEN UNTIL XX/XX/XXXX (X being the date).

She opened it up anyway.... turns out it was a case of Fruit Loops.

- John Wooden

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

5/02/12 4:44:21 PM#32
It isn't another class, but it is something.  WHAT IS IT TELL ME NOW?!!?1
  User Deleted
5/02/12 6:07:19 PM#33
Originally posted by Gajari

sure it will. and probably a 7th and 8th in a few months aswel.

ArChWind

Hard Core Member

5/02/12 6:17:31 PM#34
Bashiok

Community Manager

05/02/2012 02:52 PMPosted by

It was suggested a while back that it was a wildcard bubble, for anyone who missed out on one of the class unlocks to go back and get it before release

This is accurate. As the ability to get these sigils disappears completely after May 18, we wanted to ensure if someone missed a week they had some 'makeup' time.

Shucks

User Deleted
5/02/12 6:44:03 PM#35
Originally posted by EduardoASG

We're not talking post-launch here. :)

That being said, it will likely be a year or more before we see any new classes making an appearance.

Celcius

Advanced Member

5/02/12 8:44:36 PM#36
Originally posted by EduardoASG

We're not talking post-launch here. :)

That being said, it will likely be a year or more before we see any new classes making an appearance.

It will be an expansion before any new classes are added, I would be suprised if they had any content patches for the game beyond the PvP getting put in. 

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/02/12 9:13:54 PM#37
I smell day 1 dlc
  Aori

Advanced Member

5/02/12 9:16:01 PM#38
Originally posted by ShakyMo
I smell day 1 dlc

Ya and whats it smell like?

MikkelB

Novice Member

5/03/12 6:48:32 AM#39
Originally posted by ArChWind
Bashiok

Community Manager

05/02/2012 02:52 PMPosted by

It was suggested a while back that it was a wildcard bubble, for anyone who missed out on one of the class unlocks to go back and get it before release

This is accurate. As the ability to get these sigils disappears completely after May 18, we wanted to ensure if someone missed a week they had some 'makeup' time.

Shucks

Good news for me though. I just love these little, collectable things. It bothered me that I hadn't checked Diablo 3 enough to get all the banners. A new champion seemed unlikely to me though.

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

5/03/12 6:52:20 AM#40

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search