Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,614 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,662
BioWare Mythic
MOBA | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Forum » General Discussion » My Review of Wrath of Heroes

1 posts found
  UnleadedRev

Apprentice Member

OP  4/17/12 2:34:16 PM#1

We all know this is a typical Free2Play game, that is based on the great Warhammer fantasy universe not to be confused with the Warhammer 40K futuristic universe by the same IP "Games Workshop".

You can use your existing EA account that all EA Origin members are familiar with or create a new account.

A quick and fast download and you are ready to go.

You can "try out" a free Hero, but you will not be able to upgrade his Skill Tree which WoH calls a "Mastery Tree"; as a result, you will only be competitive versus other free Heros. As a result, many can be turned off initially as i was in the Closed BETA, escpecially if you start off in the "Arena" map.

But, once I saw Black Fire Pass, and especially the Temple map with its capture the flag, i was hooked. Thus, I spent $9 to first buy Volrik  a Chaos Marauder, but could not resist buying Bax a Black orc today when he was released.

if you can imagine the PvP from Warhammer Online with a scaled down skill/mastery tree and 5 slot load out, what Bioware has done is create a fast paced arena version of Warhammer Online without all the MMO stuff to burn you out.

Graphics are updated and look good, but more importantly this is the first PvP game where I felt the classes were balanced. For example, the Wrath of Heroes website makes it very very very clear what role each Hero has and even suggests in game if you are having trouble beating a particular opponents class, what class to use to counter it.

On that note, the website as well as in game has a store in which you can use in game or real currency to buy a Hero, XP boosts, gold boosts, skins, and other items that do not affect gameplay. The xp and gold boosts provide such a small boost, i do not feel they are worth buying, but thats fine...it was probably planned that way to avoid having a big impact on game play, as you STILL MUST EARN your XP and Gold by PLAYING. You  CANNOT Pay2Win.

Thus, with 3 teams on each map you can have up to 18 players at a time...Blue, Orange and Green team colors and icons and flags.

Also, 3 maps...3 team PvP, 3 team capture the flag, and 3 team capture the flag to control a captured relic...(my fave).

If you are wondering why anyone would buy stuff in an Open BETA its because you will be refunded the items in gems and gold, thus allowing anything you buy to be re-bought with the refunded in game currency to use as you see fit. This also includes the 95% of stuff earned the old fashion way ...playing and earning XP and getting to spin the wheel after each match and everytime you first login to play for a day.

Also, if you start levelingt one Hero like I did (Volrik), but then prefer a different one, in my case the Black Orc Bax, you can sell the Volrik stuff and convert into XP to level Bax and and put into his Mastery Tree.

In all this is a fun and addictive game, which IMHO will be very successful as long as there are many maps to play on and not just the same 3 as we see now in Open Beta.

Also, the more races and classes the better,I wish in the BETAs that all the Heros were available at the same time, but I understand this is a BETA.

So, if you aare a Warhammer fan and want to jump into the actiuon and do a MMO grind, then WoH is for you!

Fear the Alien, the Psyker, the Heretic, the moronic Steam Moderator.