|3 posts found|
OP 10/14/12 6:16:15 AM#1
WoH is one of the most insulting entries in the MMO/PVP/battleground genre. Here's why:
1. You are forced to play pickup games against pre-made groups of 6 veteran players who will decimate the entire battleground. This took place in I would say roughly 90% of the 50 or so battlegrounds I participated in.
2. These pre-made groups are made up of very high level players who stand together in a death-dot and 1-shot everyone on your team over and over and over again.
3. You start at Tier 0 (which is kind of like your main level) and after about 15 hours of playtime... I am still tier 0. This is not because I suck.
4. You start with one crappy hero, and others can either be purchased or bought for in-game gold that will take about 20 hours worth of playtime to accumulate. I was repeatedly matched up against the most advanced players in the game. To put it another way, it's like doing a battleground at Level 1 vs a team of players who are max level and being forced to do that for many hours just to reach the next tier.
5. You can purchase new heroes, but you will fail just as hard with your new heroes because you will learn that the veterans have access to "elite tactics" upgrades, which are only purchasable after about 100 hours of play time EACH, unless you want to shell out a respectable amount of cash.
6. There are literally only 5 skill buttons you can use in a given battleground. This makes the game feel like an MMO for toddlers.
7. When one skill is used there is a pause before you can use another. As you piss along trying to use your skills, it will feel like your enemies have 5 times the amount of skills you do... because they are hitting you about that much harder than you are hitting them.
You will get owned repeatedly and without a means to fight back. I would say I enjoyed maybe 1 battle in 50. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this one.
In the last game I played, one player using an expensive scorpion hero owned my entire team, alone. 1v6 and we could not kill him. This is the typical frustrating scenario you will experience in this game over and over and over again. Stay away!
Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV
10/14/12 7:32:07 AM#2
Deleted. Misunderstood, thought you were talking about the original title, odd that the new one should be so imbalanced.
Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
10/14/12 7:40:45 AM#3
I stayed far away from this game since release. Why people support these type of crap is beyond me.