A new blog post has been released on the Neverwinter site that gives players a comprehensive look at the Hunter Ranger, the new character class that will arrive with next month's Module 2. The write up includes a look at both melee and ranged skills.
Because the Hunter Ranger can switch between combat modes, s/he also benefits from having two versions of each At-Will and Encounter power. The separate versions of the powers have different cooldowns, so you can really get strategic with your rotation and playstyle. Additionally, some of the powers compliment their counterparts very well. For instance, Marauder’s Escape / Marauder’s Rush are both big movement powers. Marauder’s Rush can allow you to lunge into combat from a long distance and Marauder’s Escape can let you jump back out.
For some of the even more spectacular combinations, you’ll have to look outside of just the ranged/melee versions of a single power. Let me give an example:
- (Melee) Cast Hawkeye to buff your next attack
- (Ranged) Open the fight with Hawk Shot, which deals additional damage at long range
- (Melee) Dash in with Marauder’s Rush
- (Melee) Apply a bleed with Aimed Strike
- (Melee) Hindering Strike to root your target
- (Ranged) Dash backwards with Marauder’s Escape
- (Ranged) Immediately cast Aimed Shot, which is a high damage At-Will that can be interrupted if you take damage
- (Ranged) Continue casting Hindering Shot (3 charges) and use Rapid Shot or another At-Will until your powers come off cooldown, or you can use a daily.
With this combination you can deal a pretty deadly rotation against either a single enemy or a player in PvP. There are lots of other combos available and I think there’s a lot of room to get creative with the Hunter Ranger.
Read more on the Neverwinter site.