Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,115 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,117
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Does PvP get better?

8 posts found
  Flaeb

Novice Member

OP  5/04/13 6:46:50 PM#1

I played my first PvP match and I closed the game after it, almost not wanting to go back.

I engage, and all I see happening was being swirled around in tornados and saying I am dazed for 90% of my life, being helpless and seeing no counter play against this. So what the heck happened, and is PvP gonna be like this? Being helpless and CC the whole time? Any diminishing effects or can you be spammed helpless in PvP?

DanitaKusor

Hard Core Member

5/04/13 6:50:58 PM#2

Play the class that dazes or does the swirly tornadoes.  Then you'll have fun.

I know I swapped from a cleric to a rogue and went from being an easy kill to topping the charts every game.  When you top the charts you also get loot rewards (mostly greens) which is always good.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

bestever

Apprentice Member

5/04/13 7:01:05 PM#3

I love the pvp its a blast. Just learn what the other class does and move out of the way, you can't just stand around and expect to not get blown up. 

Its a little tough at first but you'll get it down and some classes just have a hard time. My rogue does way more dps in pvp then my great weapon fighter but great weapon fighters get better at higher levels from what I see.

Also use your special ablity. It may be block, dodge or port out of the way, depending on class and you need to be fast.

Vannor

Novice Member

5/04/13 7:06:19 PM#4

You probably just got unlucky and got in a match where the other team had like 3 control wizards or something. There's no way 1 control wizard can do that. If 3 of them target you at once and you have little support, you have no chance. Which I think is fair.. it is a team effort after all. The wizards wouldn't have been able to do it to the next person straight away after they did it to you. They tend to target clerics and rogues most of the time if they can. Obviously some things need adjusting, like cooldowns, duration and whatnot.

I've had it happen once to me (3 control wizards on one team). I've only seen it once though in about 40 matches.

Either that or you were unlucky enough to get in a match where the other team were actually talking to each other and working together.

Ikeda

Elite Member

5/04/13 7:20:58 PM#5

Don't get caught in the tornado.. use your dodge ffs.

My control wizard is constantly trounced by the rogue.

I constantly trounce on the tanks/clerics with my wizard.

Tanks trounce on Rogues.

And soooooooo ends the circle of life.

Seriously though hit SS or AA or whatever when you see them.  If you didn't see them then you SHOULD be controlled....

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

DanitaKusor

Hard Core Member

5/04/13 8:21:16 PM#6
Originally posted by Ikeda

Tanks trounce on Rogues.

Seriously though hit SS or AA or whatever when you see them.  If you didn't see them then you SHOULD be controlled....

Actually no, in Neverwinter the only thing that beats a rogue is another rogue. Tanks you can dance around quite easily.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Vannor

Novice Member

5/04/13 8:45:50 PM#7
Originally posted by DanitaKusor
Originally posted by Ikeda

Tanks trounce on Rogues.

Actually no, in Neverwinter the only thing that beats a rogue is another rogue. Tanks you can dance around quite easily.

My level 35 cleric can take on rogues 1 on 1 easily. Dunno about end game, but right now, I think clerics are wildly overpowered in 1 v 1 situations against all classes.

SaunZ

Novice Member

1-800-ASK-SAUN

5/04/13 8:52:08 PM#8

I healed everybody in that Domination pvp thingie and it was a blast.  I stayed way back and range healed from a cliff.  We won and I was actually tired after the match... it was pretty intense. Not have a cigarette afterwards intense... but kinda intense.  So far Neverwinter has been fun.  I have a fun guild and the pve and pvp have been a surprise... i thought this D&D stuff would be weird but it was a blast.

Don't base your whole game experience off of the pvp places... some people just suck at pvp because they are easily cc'd... like my bf.

see ya on Dragon,

Sz

:o)