Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Heroes of the Storm | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,778 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,510
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

13 posts found
  cenen7

Apprentice Member

OP  3/29/13 6:09:27 PM#1
ive checked the main site and googled a few other sites and cant find any information on the expected release date.. can anyone take a guess? within a couple weeks or months form now? kind of clueless.
  Moodsor

Advanced Member

3/29/13 6:15:23 PM#2
Originally posted by cenen7
ive checked the main site and googled a few other sites and cant find any information on the expected release date.. can anyone take a guess? within a couple weeks or months form now? kind of clueless.

There is no releasedate yet, they said they are planning the last details before announcing it, so id expect it within the next few weeks.

LogicLester

Apprentice Member

3/31/13 7:54:32 PM#3
Originally posted by Nemorak
Originally posted by cenen7

There is no releasedate yet, they said they are planning the last details before announcing it, so id expect it within the next few weeks.

It's kind of an odd way of doing things.  I mean this is killing the game's hype just leaving it up in the air for more than a week now when presumably the release date is very near.  Interestingly the release date given on the nvidia site is strangely specific at "May 2013."

I'm not really sure what to make of this since the game was very playable in the last beta weekend.  At any rate hopefully they'll update soon.

templarx

Novice Member

4/01/13 2:57:10 AM#4

Yea, must agree leaving the Release date up in the air even after all the betas did kill the hype for me too. So much so that i started looking at other MMOs/online games that DOES have release dates. That's why i'm now going into Defiance and letting Neverwinter drop off my radar. Everywhere they said "Q1 2013" or "Early 2013" , but that's basically now and yet no date yet.

Arenanet did the same thing with GW2, and eventually when they did announce a date it was almost 2 months AFTER the last beta weekend. 

Marvel Heroes Online, same thing, they were seemingly on the same schedule as Neverwinter, and look when their date is? June 2013. At least they do have a date, so even that is catching my interest, simply because i can kinda plan for it now.

So if i had to make a guess, June/July .

Wickedjelly

Apprentice Member

The Dude abides

4/01/13 5:22:16 AM#5
I don't see how. It has only been a week since their weekend beta event. Not really surprising they would want to review the data and feedback to ascertain a set date for beginning the open beta process. Anyways, you'll hear something this week.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

User Deleted
4/01/13 5:24:44 AM#6

This one's on my radar.  Hoping an open beta date gets announced soon.

mbreea

Novice Member

4/02/13 12:18:04 AM#7
I would love to buy a founders pack, however I am reluctant to purchase something that I have no idea when the product will be delivered.  I will purchase the founders pack when  they give an actual release date.  It seems a bit unfair to ask folks to pay  for something  without giving them the expected date of delivery. 
  meilirs

Novice Member

4/05/13 9:41:11 AM#8
I am on this forum reading a lot of posts because I was thinking of buying the Founder's Pack.  Reactions seem mixed, lots of people don't like it but others do. I haven't read many threads about people totally loving it so I won't buy the pack yet. I expect it will be available for some time so there's no rush, right?
  Alber_gamer

Elite Member

4/05/13 9:49:46 AM#9

You can consider the Release date to be April 30th, since it will be Open Beta, but there will be no further character wipes. The game will just eventually become v1.0 when the final stages of polishing are done.

People with the Guardian Founder pack can access the game on 27th April, and people with Hero of the North Founder pack can access on April 25th.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

memphis12

Novice Member

4/07/13 6:31:24 AM#10
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

You can consider the Release date to be April 30th, since it will be Open Beta, but there will be no further character wipes. The game will just eventually become v1.0 when the final stages of polishing are done.

People with the Guardian Founder pack can access the game on 27th April, and people with Hero of the North Founder pack can access on April 25th.

This is what I thought also. Can you, or someone else please explain what "open beta" actually means? I can play the game, but expect bugs? 

Alber_gamer

Elite Member

4/07/13 6:43:14 AM#11
Originally posted by memphis12
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

This is what I thought also. Can you, or someone else please explain what "open beta" actually means? I can play the game, but expect bugs? 

Means that there may be abundant glitches or content missing, so the game is not officially released. 

However, there will be no further character wipes, so anyone can play the game beyond the main purpose of a Beta phase (which is testing the game) as long as you keep in mind that the game is still not declaring itself a full fledged, finalised product.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

4/07/13 5:36:29 PM#12

MMOs these days are in a stage of perpetual beta with all the updates and bug fixes on the fly. o Open Beta is nothing but initial part of Launch where there is a possibility to loose character if something goes wrong (Servers crashing due to unexpected load, etc.) They don't really mean a lot different than launch.

Sal1

Advanced Member

4/08/13 3:27:07 PM#13
Originally posted by mbreea
I would love to buy a founders pack, however I am reluctant to purchase something that I have no idea when the product will be delivered.  I will purchase the founders pack when  they give an actual release date.  It seems a bit unfair to ask folks to pay  for something  without giving them the expected date of delivery. 

Go check their website now. It's April 25th and April 27th for founders.