Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,357 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,890
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Ryowulf

Advanced Member

OP  3/23/13 9:40:48 PM#1

I've only played my Great weapon fighter to the teens, but I have noticed I am poping potions like candy.  My question is, how are they at later levels? I assume hp and armor start to mean more. Plus I'll have a companion, so do they get easier or harder to solo?

p.s. I don't mean to say they are hard to solo, just that they take a lot of damage doing it.

Also is the self heal on their one attack broken? It doesn't do much?

NetSage

Apprentice Member

3/23/13 9:50:31 PM#2
They are damage dealers through and through.  They do aoe while thieves do single target (I assume haven't played them yet).  If you don't want to take a lot of damage you want to go for guardian.
  Bookah

Novice Member

"you are not prepared!"

3/23/13 9:53:43 PM#3
Originally posted by Ryowulf

I've only played my Great weapon fighter to the teens, but I have noticed I am poping potions like candy.  My question is, how are they at later levels? I assume hp and armor start to mean more. Plus I'll have a companion, so do they get easier or harder to solo?

p.s. I don't mean to say they are hard to solo, just that they take a lot of damage doing it.

Yeah i have heard that from other people also, it makes soloing difficult on some classes, i have a rogue and am able to avoid a fair amount of damage, sounds like the GWF doesnt have alot in the way of avoidence or mitigation.

My only advice is remeber where thoes campfires are and use them often

User Deleted
3/24/13 1:48:24 AM#4
Originally posted by Ryowulf

It's not broken.  It's just not a major heal.  More like a cap off.  GWF  has damage mitigation and use your abilities to keep yourself from being surrounded.  Use altars out of combat and get yourself a healing companion at level 16.  Then dominate like a boss.