Trending Games | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Landmark | EVE Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,327 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,648
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Character Creation is horrible

10 posts found
  DonY81

Novice Member

OP  3/23/13 12:39:21 PM#1

I never voice up in general in this forum but ill have a go and take a few shots. I think the character creation is horrible. I just cant pin point though what i really dont like. I find them bland very bland. I also am really unsure how to play this game.

Do you treat it like diablo or a traditional mmo like wow?

Is it a mixture of both?

Just generally not sure how to tak it.

p.s i have no exp with D & D

Bolongo

Novice Member

Gonna have a funky good time.

3/23/13 1:41:32 PM#2

I don't think the system for character creation is horrible, it has a decent amount of options.

But the character models are ugly as sin. Especially females, who have the added bonus of striking very awkward poses and running as if they had a log between their legs...

In fact, I felt a strong disconnect between how characters appeared during creation and what they look like in-game.

_____
Bright indications singe cool undisciplined hours.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

3/23/13 1:51:31 PM#3
Originally posted by Bolongo

I don't think the system for character creation is horrible, it has a decent amount of options.

But the character models are ugly as sin. Especially females, who have the added bonus of striking very awkward poses and running as if they had a log between their legs...

In fact, I felt a strong disconnect between how characters appeared during creation and what they look like in-game.

yea models need work. they improved the faces since last beta at least. But the female models are not done very well. Also the animations for the females look very off and since they used the exact same animations for the females as they did the males it just doesn't look right at all. It's odd though because some of the npc female models look pretty well done.. hopefully it's something that gets worked on before release

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Jyiiga

Advanced Member

3/23/13 2:13:01 PM#4

When compared to the flexibility of previous Cryptic titles, it is lacking.

I'm not ugly though!

Aerowyn

Novice Member

3/23/13 2:17:09 PM#5
Originally posted by Jyiiga

When compared to the flexibility of previous Cryptic titles, it is lacking.

I'm not ugly though!

yea faces improved a good amount and you can make several "cute" looking females which i'm happy with.. now just hope they work on the female basic animations

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

goosie

Novice Member

3/23/13 2:18:37 PM#6
Yeah this has been suggestioned at the NWN forums but no official response on it yet. Hopefully they'll devote some resources into changing it, because as it stands, it's a lot worse in quality than what Cryptic's renown for. I mean I thought character customization is one of Cryptic's strength, you'd figure they'd do the same with NW as they did with CoH, CO, and STO. 
  Draemos

Advanced Member

3/23/13 4:39:41 PM#7
Originally posted by DonY81

I never voice up in general in this forum but ill have a go and take a few shots. I think the character creation is horrible. I just cant pin point though what i really dont like. I find them bland very bland. I also am really unsure how to play this game.

Is it a mixture of both?

Horrible is a pretty gross exaggeration, and I'm a stickler on character customization. It isn't as good as I'd expect from Cryptic though

Asm0deus

Elite Member

3/23/13 8:26:57 PM#8

Is it a mixture of both?

I treat it as a random mmo like Vindictus (but with the knowledge vindictus does rooting much much better) with a little DnD flavoring in the background.

If you are new to DnD and want a feel for what it really is try another game stay away from this one.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
PSU: Antec EA 750watt
RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
cooling: Noctua NH-D14
storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

Aerowyn

Novice Member

3/23/13 8:32:06 PM#9
Originally posted by Asm0deus

Is it a mixture of both?

I treat it as a random mmo like Vindictus (but with the knowledge vindictus does rooting much much better) with a little DnD flavoring in the background.

If you are new to DnD and want a feel for what it really is try another game stay away from this one.

i wouldn't really consider it like Vindictous but i will agree vindictous does rooting much better

Arglebargle

Elite Member

3/23/13 8:43:02 PM#10
Yeah, Character Customization is a big let down.  You can see it in the Tieflings, where you have essentially just one face to choose from.  The male Tiefling has one horn set to (not)  choose from.  The females have two horn sets!  Really really lackluster, considering that was indeed Cryptic's great strength.  Maybe they intend a polish run  on it before release.  If so, they would be wise to say so.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.