Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,017 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,875
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Never have to use money

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  Arcona

Apprentice Member

OP  3/20/13 9:35:22 PM#1

You earn astral diamonds in game reguarly, and sell items on auction to get astral diamonds.

Astral Diamonds can be exhanged into Zen. Click on Astral Diamond Exchange at top of screen..

Then you make a offer how much you will pay for each Zen

So if you sell a few items on auction, you never have to use any money!

Crafting materials will probably sell very easily on auction.

Laromuss

Advanced Member

3/20/13 9:42:57 PM#2
sounds about right, I was able to obtain about 500k Diamonds during the last beta and if there was Zen to buy I would have bought it. How the market is setup and how the game in general is setup, there are so many ways to earn AD. Thus buying Zen/AD is optional if you're very very impatient.
  Hiron

Novice Member

3/20/13 9:53:56 PM#3
We will have to see how the ratio is at launch. People now spends diamonds like crazy because its gonna reset anyway. Wait a few weeks after launch when the economy settles. I expect it will be harder to get as much diamonds as you did in beta at launch.
  Allacore69

Elite Member

3/21/13 3:02:02 AM#4

Thats the best part of the game.

User Deleted
3/21/13 7:43:10 AM#5
I was thinking of doing video survey to get ZEN coin so I could get diamonds.
  hfztt

Hard Core Member

3/21/13 8:00:22 AM#6

They will end up balancing it.

The spot they want to hit is where you COULD play for free but would not want to if you only play casually.

They DO have to earn money, and that is the balance any f2p game needs to hit to earn anything.

tokini

Advanced Member

3/21/13 8:12:33 AM#7
Originally posted by hfztt

They will end up balancing it.

The spot they want to hit is where you COULD play for free but would not want to if you only play casually.

They DO have to earn money, and that is the balance any f2p game needs to hit to earn anything.

exactly, there is no way they will let what will likely be one of there chief money makers so easy to aquire 'for free' in game.

take the 'its beta, things change' mantra to heart on this one.  

Ezhae

Apprentice Member

3/21/13 8:22:43 AM#8

Just look at STO and how it works there. It's pretty much same system. Yes, in theory you can grind your butt for ZEN like there is no tomorrow but it won't be easy nor fast. Also, keep in mind Astral DIamon go up pretty much exponentialy so the higher level stuff you want the more expensive it will be (going into millions of ADs) and some things will be ZEN exclusive. 

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/21/13 9:20:35 AM#9

If really true, then the developers have done something wrong, unless having freeloaders is somehow a benefit to the cash paying customers (the role of "victim" comes to mind)

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Zorgo

Elite Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

3/21/13 9:29:34 AM#10
Originally posted by Arcona

You earn astral diamonds in game reguarly

But 'regularly' doesn't necessarily mean 'frequently' enough to stay away from the cash shop.

Granted, with planning and dedication and determination, you are right. But I bet only the players with a lot of time devoted to game economics can pull this off.

I highly doubt however that the game is designed in such a way that you are not incentivized to go to the cash shop.

I agree, it is technically possible, but whether it turns out to be such an easy work around that we can all take advantage.....well how would the game stay afloat?

Ezhae

Apprentice Member

3/21/13 9:53:47 AM#11
Originally posted by Kyleran

If really true, then the developers have done something wrong, unless having freeloaders is somehow a benefit to the cash paying customers (the role of "victim" comes to mind)

There is plenty of benefit from freeloaders for paying customers. It creates market environtment, it creates grouping opportunities, it makes world feel less empty, more peopel to both test and create Foundry content, more pople in PvP, more people gathering and selling crafting materials, constant flow of fresh blood, etc. 

If you limit the freeloading gameplay too much people won't stick around. If theyd on't stick around the chances they ever pay you drop to next to 0 and same time the paying guys pool will shrink. 

TERA did a great job at their F2P model and they managed to even increase their subscription paying numbers thanks to that. 

Arcona

Apprentice Member

OP  3/21/13 11:22:15 AM#12

Best way to earn lots of Astral Diamonds:

If you make a Foundry quest, the users can tip you a few Astral Diamonds.

So if your quest is a little popular you will earn real money :)

fiontar

Novice Member

3/22/13 1:12:02 AM#13

It seems that the cache of currency the Founders get as part of their deal will be more than enough to instantly inflate the economy when the game launches. Normally when a game launches, the playing field is pretty even and everyone can earn enough in game to stay equiped, do some crafting, etc... Depending on how many founders there are, that may not really be possible, which will likely result in cash purchases of currency by a number of players pretty early on after release.

Maybe it will all work out, but I have to admit I was baffled by the fact they they would decide to instantly inflate the economy by including a fairly vast sum as bonus incentive for founders.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Ezhae

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 5:45:41 AM#14
Originally posted by fiontar

It seems that the cache of currency the Founders get as part of their deal will be more than enough to instantly inflate the economy when the game launches. Normally when a game launches, the playing field is pretty even and everyone can earn enough in game to stay equiped, do some crafting, etc... Depending on how many founders there are, that may not really be possible, which will likely result in cash purchases of currency by a number of players pretty early on after release.

Maybe it will all work out, but I have to admit I was baffled by the fact they they would decide to instantly inflate the economy by including a fairly vast sum as bonus incentive for founders.

How much do they get? 750k Astral DIamonds? Funnily enough it's not that much. The cheapest of useful things you can buy with those are ID scrolls that are for 800 AD a pop. You don't really have much use of AH early on as well other than trying to sell stuff with hope of whales buying them. First mount you buy for in game gold. 

Previous beta I played until 36 level and the only thing I spent AD on was renaming my henchie. 

Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 5:48:41 AM#15
Originally posted by Kyleran

I really doubt that they worked for years on this game just to hand it to players for free . Unless they have machines working for them who don't need salaries.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

bugse82

Novice Member

3/22/13 6:31:16 AM#16

i see, that many people didn't played PW's games before.

i was in some of their betas, and they give tons of the CS currency to players to check and get hooked to their shop.

take my advice! wait for the release...yeah, in all of their games you can buy anything from the CS items from AH, but it's so, so, so hard to get that ingame currency to buy the desired item, cus the CS items have huge values...

also be sure, that the ratios of earning ADs will be droped down!

DeniZg

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 7:25:12 AM#17
Originally posted by Ezhae

How much do they get? 750k Astral DIamonds? Funnily enough it's not that much.

Founder's packs have been updated with additional items and more Astral diamonds as well.

Now it's 2 mil. AD for Hero of the North package and 600k AD for Guardian package.

Update link

Ezhae

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 7:29:30 AM#18
Originally posted by DeniZg
Originally posted by Ezhae

How much do they get? 750k Astral DIamonds? Funnily enough it's not that much.

Founder's packs have been updated with additional items and more Astral diamonds as well.

Now it's 2 mil. AD for Hero of the North package and 600k AD for Guardian package.

Update link

That's nic eo fthem, but still makes me admire their cunning. They do give ADs instead ZEN, which means there won't be loads of ZEN on the exchange market to begin with and people will stiill have to spend real money to get soem ZEN exclusive stuff. 

Digna

Novice Member

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

3/22/13 7:30:07 AM#19

I thought that the primary arguement against 'never have to use money' was that the AD you got in general were 'rough'.

You had to refine them and there would be a limit to how many you could do daily.

(With the general feeling of most folks being that the limit would make the high end stuff like rare mounts, pets etc take days, weeks etc?)

Has that changed or did I misunderstand something?

simmihi

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 7:38:39 AM#20
Quick question, is the Zen - Diamonds exchange rate fixed, or is it set by PW/Cryptic based on whatever data they gather? Or, does it adjust on some offer / demand setting, like some players selling Zen, others selling Diamonds?
2 Pages 1 2 » Search