Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,309 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,680
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Whats your overal score?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
131 posts found
  kyssari

Apprentice Member

"Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.

3/19/13 9:16:31 PM#121
Originally posted by bestever
Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

Yeah I agree.. I won't give this game a score at all until I actually get some time with the final version that is fully implemented instead of an unfinished closed beta where we don't even have access to half the features not to mention high level / endgame..

gr0und3d

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 10:55:23 AM#122
Originally posted by Hiron
Originally posted by gr0und3d

Like I said...... made it through the tutorial dungeon and thinks the whole game is based on zerging.  At the very least, there are axes and swords that guardian and rogues can use.

You think 25 out of 60 level is not enough to have a general idea of the game? If I must reach 30-40 to get to the fun part then the game already fails. Only weapon I found and is usable are daggers for my rogue.

Well, I guess there already is more to the game that you thought.  It's a neverwinter game, every time you enter a new instance there could be hidden passages or treasure.  We found extra bosses in the lvl 30ish dungeon that the golden trail totally missed.  It starts to feel as linear as you want it to be.

Hiron

Novice Member

3/20/13 5:57:39 PM#123

Well, I guess there already is more to the game that you thought.  It's a neverwinter game, every time you enter a new instance there could be hidden passages or treasure.  We found extra bosses in the lvl 30ish dungeon that the golden trail totally missed.  It starts to feel as linear as you want it to be.

Have you played NWN 1/2 and DDO? What you call hidden passage/treasure or secret bosses is laughable. I dont think after 30 Cryptic dungeon design will magically turn 180 degree and add loads of secrets. Its sufficient for you but for someone who has played other D&D games where the dungeons truly have a bunch of puzzles and secrets NWO doesnt even come close.

Could you tell me how many puzzles you found in the first 30 levels?

Hiron

Novice Member

3/20/13 6:04:49 PM#124
Originally posted by kyssari
Originally posted by bestever
Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

Yeah I agree.. I won't give this game a score at all until I actually get some time with the final version that is fully implemented instead of an unfinished closed beta where we don't even have access to half the features not to mention high level / endgame..

Lol endgame is usually just grind for tokens and get gears. In Neverwinter its about the path to 60 not the destination. In NWN the dungeons, story is what makes it fun. You really believe the beta only had half the feature of the full game? IMO this is what you get when it launch.

gr0und3d

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 6:19:58 PM#125

Have you played NWN 1/2 and DDO? What you call hidden passage/treasure or secret bosses is laughable. I dont think after 30 Cryptic dungeon design will magically turn 180 degree and add loads of secrets. Its sufficient for you but for someone who has played other D&D games where the dungeons truly have a bunch of puzzles and secrets NWO doesnt even come close.

Yes I did play NWN and no this MMO does not have as many puzzles.  But it does have them.  There were a few places where switches needed to be aligned, dungeoneering to open walls, alternative paths with traps, and then plain old exploring.  It was quite fun if you explored, and from your posts it sounds like you barely made it outside the city.....

edit: clarification about switches.  They all did different things, some switched 2 or 3 at a time, etc.  Not hard by any means, but you got a chest to open if you did it right.  Also, the foundry already has an author or two that is creating maps with tons of puzzles. 

Hiron

Novice Member

3/20/13 6:47:25 PM#126

Yes I did play NWN and no this MMO does not have as many puzzles.  But it does have them.  There were a few places where switches needed to be aligned, dungeoneering to open walls, alternative paths with traps, and then plain old exploring.  It was quite fun if you explored, and from your posts it sounds like you barely made it outside the city.....

edit: clarification about switches.  They all did different things, some switched 2 or 3 at a time, etc.  Not hard by any means, but you got a chest to open if you did it right.  Also, the foundry already has an author or two that is creating maps with tons of puzzles. 

I was 25 when beta ended. Dont give me that crap you need to be 30+ for the fun part. If it is the game already fails. Other games can have solid contents from level 1 till end. So if I think the game doesnt have enough secrets/puzzles it must be because I havent played long enough? It couldnt be that NW actually doesnt meet my expectations even if I played till 60?

DDO has more puzzles even in the earlier levels. While I agree this game has more dungeon secrets than the average MMO(To be expected btw as this is a D&D game). Its not to be compared with NWN/DDO or even BG for that matter.

Asm0deus

Elite Member

3/20/13 7:55:49 PM#127

Well I have played past 30 much much further in fact and Hiron is right. The dungeons are quite boring and linear. Btw the "but after 30+ argument" is quite lame as that is essentially half the game as of now.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
PSU: Antec EA 750watt
RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
cooling: Noctua NH-D14
storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

JasonJ

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 8:04:12 PM#128

An easy 8 out of 10 so far. The game is basically NWN 2 with better graphics, online, and with a foundry that allows the creation of unlimited content. Having played some of the longer foundry conten I can say there are plenty of tools there to create some great content.

The vast majority of complaints are coming from people that haevnt learned the new combat system. Most healers having issues healing must have never played Vindictus, Tera or GW2....healing is easy in this game, I had no problems keep my group up in the Tower dungeon, whateer it was called. next most complained about things is content, as if any MMO is released with a lot of it.

Does it need some work? Hell yeah...there are MMOs that have been out for 6 YEARS that needs work...The fact is, its combat is fun, the story is good, the graphics fit the D&D setting, the sounds are spot on and up to level 23(as far as I got) the zones and creatures are varied. And thats all an MMO needs.

Tokken

Elite Member

"I'm your Huckleberry!"

3/20/13 8:07:28 PM#129
7 out of 10 for now.

UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, WOW, EQ2, CoH, CoX, VG, Aion, STO, CO, DCUO, LOTRO, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, DP, NW, TSW, MH, DDO, Rift, WS, ESO, Trove, LM

Karelia

Apprentice Member

3/21/13 2:55:05 AM#130
i will try it this weekend for the first time. i hope its not that bad as most of the guys comments here...
  Allacore69

Advanced Member

3/21/13 3:16:07 AM#131

My overall score for Neverwinter is a 10/10

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search