Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,001 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,464
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Whats your overal score?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
131 posts found
  Gress

Novice Member

3/09/13 8:46:26 PM#41
Just killing time till eso....need something but this wont last, combat is fun and some cool dungeon bosses but everything else is meh.
  Vannor

Hard Core Member

3/09/13 9:01:10 PM#42

I give it the lowest score because I don't want to play it based on the current state even considering it's offering a lot for free.

Unless I see some evidence of dramatic changes to the game on forums such as this, I probably won't check it out again.

It may come across as hate.. but I didn't want to dislike this game. It's a shame it didn't like up to anywhere near my expectations.

Jockan

Hard Core Member

3/09/13 11:02:27 PM#43
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by Mannish
Originally posted by Nicksino999
Will there be a character wipe or not?

why do people still ask this...99% of betas have character wipes..only recent one i think of is Path of Exiles, but its no an MMO.

Because its a valid question. Some have wipes and some dont even in the closed phase. If you would think before you posted you would see that you are saying the same thing in your reply.

List 10 major AAA mmorpgs that did not do a character wipe.

That has nonthing to do with what I asked and my questions answer has been found.

Jockan

Hard Core Member

3/09/13 11:43:06 PM#44
Originally posted by waynejr2

why do people still ask this...99% of betas have character wipes..only recent one i think of is Path of Exiles, but its no an MMO.

Because its a valid question. Some have wipes and some dont even in the closed phase. If you would think before you posted you would see that you are saying the same thing in your reply.

List 10 major AAA mmorpgs that did not do a character wipe.

Stop sending me private messeges.

marcuslm

Apprentice Member

3/09/13 11:57:18 PM#45
Originally posted by Rednecksith

2/10. The graphics are mediocre at best, the animations are lackluster, the environments are boring, the character models are horrifically bad, the engine is a resource hog, the voice acting is laughable, the setting is garbage, and the ruleset I've already made my feelings quite clear on in several other threads.

There's just nothing enjoyable about this game.

This weekend was my first chance to play the game. I was so disappointed. I really wanted to like this game, but I have to agree. The graphics are pretty terrible, especially the character models and animations. The art has no real style to it. It's very bland and generic. 

Badgered86

Apprentice Member

3/10/13 12:02:40 AM#46
Originally posted by mindw0rk

Ill give it 5/10 and Im being generous here. All my playtime in beta I tried to find a single thing that I actually liked. And I couldnt. Everything felt so bland, secondary and half-cooked.

Whats your score?

I'll go for 3/10, and the three points are solely for the Foundry.  I played one mission that actually felt somewhat like a D&D tabletop session, but the rest of the game just ruins it for me.  Wizards of the Coast needs to be far more picky with regards to who they license their IP to.

Wickedjelly

Novice Member

The Dude abides

3/10/13 12:07:15 AM#47
Originally posted by Aerowyn
for me if a game plays horrible, i hate the look, it doesn't grab me out the gate i probably won't put much time into it(just too many games out their right now).. having said that aside from some minor quirks like the running animations, character models, and rooting i don't have any major issues with neverwinter as all i expected was a dungeon crawler with a creation tool.. i have limited time with the tool and well see how it turns out overall but for me the game rests on how much I enjoy making my own content.. anything else is just extra..

So The Foundry isn't available for this beta test?

Goddammit...

...or is it just limited or that people simply haven't the time to really utilize it yet?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

3/10/13 12:09:00 AM#48
Originally posted by Wickedjelly
for me if a game plays horrible, i hate the look, it doesn't grab me out the gate i probably won't put much time into it(just too many games out their right now).. having said that aside from some minor quirks like the running animations, character models, and rooting i don't have any major issues with neverwinter as all i expected was a dungeon crawler with a creation tool.. i have limited time with the tool and well see how it turns out overall but for me the game rests on how much I enjoy making my own content.. anything else is just extra..

So The Foundry isn't available for this beta test?

Goddammit...

...or is it just limited or that people simply haven't the time to really utilize it yet?

nope possibly next one.. or try to get into alpha its available to us there

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Wickedjelly

Novice Member

The Dude abides

3/10/13 12:13:35 AM#49

nope possibly next one.. or try to get into alpha its available to us there

Drat

Oh well...thanks for the info.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

bcbully

Elite Member

3/10/13 12:13:49 AM#50

Age of Wushu. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Jockan

Hard Core Member

3/10/13 12:16:55 AM#51
Originally posted by bcbully

Age of Wushu. 

Yep, Age Of Wushu did not have a wipe. I was there.

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

3/10/13 11:46:47 PM#52

Almost all the original games developed in English have wipes after close beta. Most have wipes in between close beta sessions, and many have wipes after or inbetween open beta.

Only games which are translated and not developed usually do not have wipes. This is because the beta for translating already developed game is different than a game which has not been developed elsewhere and is being developed fr first time.

I bet the chinese localization of Neverwinter will not have much wipes in their beta because by ten english game would already have been developed and tested in English.

Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

3/11/13 12:08:11 AM#53

3/10

boring, classes are lame and uninspiring, with the future looking like pay for classes.  The engine is bad, the world is lifeless. I couldnt play it longer then 2 hrs.  

CyclopsSlayer

Novice Member

3/11/13 12:09:33 AM#54

caveat: I did not have my own account and was only able to leech off a friends access for about half of Sunday.

Overall - 5/10

The lack of choices and customization was the real killer for me. I liked tabletop 3.5 and regularly play DDO and so know just how mant directions things could go. We never adopted 4.0 rules and beyond.

NWO was just so confining and restrictive that there was little to no real choices. Sure they prevent you from making a mistake, but instead make everyone a cookie cutter cut out. 

My second point was that the gameplay felt like just another twitchy ARPG, and not MMO-like at all. Almost felt like a Diablo/Torchlight spinoff. And while I enjoy Path of Exile for that style of play, it is NOT what I expect from D&D.

The graphics were mostly good, but the animations and effects went way way too far into the "OOOOoooh SHINY!" for my tastes. A more restrained look would hav been more appreciated. Again, not Bad, just not to my liking at all.

Still a beta, sure. But from what I saw, there was little to nothing to hold and keep people after the first month. The Forge/Foundry(sic) might do the trick. But if the system is weak or lacking at its core, dressing it up in a new suit with each player dungeon will only hold and fool people just so long. I will keep an eye on NWO, but nothing I saw today makes me want to play it.

Monstre0auS

Novice Member

3/11/13 3:05:19 AM#55

Say what you will about Neverwinter. It has some awesome moments. (If this doesn't like properly, I'll try another way. First time trying to do something like this.)

palulalula

Novice Member

3/11/13 3:11:24 AM#56
Until now i expirienced only bad things. 2/10 is top what  this game can get
  wasim470

Novice Member

3/11/13 3:34:15 AM#57

humm for me this is my general score:

Wow MOP: 7/10

GW2: 9/10

Rift: 8/10

AOC 7/10 b4 F2P

SWTOR 8/10 b4 F2P

so i guess for Neverwinter 7.5/10

for me the amount of fun i get is my score and this is totally personal score for what  makes me click.

Dogblaster

Apprentice Member

3/11/13 5:55:23 AM#58
Originally posted by Giffen
I would give it a 6/10.  People who are easily entertained may find this game fun for a month or so, the rest of us probably won't last past the first weekend.

exactly.

5-6/10 and I am generous.

User Deleted
3/11/13 6:02:39 AM#59
Originally posted by jtcgs

8 out of 10 easy

It would be a 9 but I am not even going to try PvP in this game since its D&D...so, no PvP is a -1

Graphics are fine, doesnt need to be realistic and fits the setting. 7/10

Sound is spot on. 10/10

Skills are well rounded and deep enough for the action combat 8/10

Story is right around NeverWinter Nights 1 quality 8/10

Animations could use some work, not perfect but way above TSW thats for sure 7/10

Havent created via foundry yet however have tested a few of the bigger foundry quests which shows a TON can be created with it 10/10

PvE up to mid 20s is great, solo friendly and dungeons scale wonderfully to group play. 8/10

Pretty much my thoughts, although I am looking forward to seeing what they do with PvP. With a bit more polish it could be a 9 easily.

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

3/11/13 6:07:55 AM#60

7/10

I was looking for a dungeon crawler and i got one. Moreover, for a F2P MMO it is amazing. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search