Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | TERA: Rising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,821 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,491
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » So is this a 3D Diablo?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  HorrorScope

Apprentice Member

3/06/13 4:00:58 PM#21
Originally posted by jdnyc
Originally posted by r3dl4nce

Not really interested in discussion, I'm trying the game during alpha nights and beta weekend and I know what I'm seeing, the game will have his course just like Star Trek Online, well, IT IS Star Trek Online without Space Combat and with Forgotten Realms lore.

According to Action combat, I said to try VINDICTUS and C9. Those are REAL action combat MMORPG.

So you're saying that Tera is not an action combat MMORPG then?

Not in the same vein as those two mentioned. I'd throw Dragons Nest into the mix as well.

jdnyc

Apprentice Member

3/06/13 4:59:34 PM#22
Originally posted by azzamasin
[mod edit]

It was obvious he never played the game when he said it was a WoW clone.  No one but him has made that charge as far as I know.  Some might not like the game, but how anyone can call it a WoW clone is well...not based in reality.

Alber_gamer

Hard Core Member

3/06/13 10:01:55 PM#23

A llama has more similarities to WoW than NWO.

* A llama has eyes, like characters in WoW.

* A llama has toes, like most races in WoW.

* A llama can spit, like players in WoW (/spit).

All the "WoWclone" crowd can go troll elsewhere, or actually try the game.

I'm not gonna compare NWO to any other game, since it's a game of its own and comparisons will always give a wrong and biased idea to the reader. You could say combat is TERA-ish but more dynamic, but really, try it yourselves. The game is free to play. Don't let anyone tell you what you should like or dislike.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

r3dl4nce

Novice Member

3/07/13 2:59:33 AM#24
Guys, as you like, I know what I tried and played and I can foresee what will be the future of this game, but really does not need a fortune teller to see the future: the fate of Star Trek Online is there so anyone can see how succesfull are Cryptic games (same bugged action combat, same Wow-ish theme park style, same lack of character progression customization), but don't woory,  thanks to the Foundry Neverwinter will be a great success... Ah, STO had Foundry too... uh oh...
  Dartmed

Novice Member

Do or get Done

3/07/13 3:51:16 AM#25
I just don't get why we must convince others that our opinion is the right one especially for a F2p game. It's not that we have to invest money in it . Why don't we just wait for it to release and try it, maybe we like it or maybe we don't  . 

http://mmocultgr.blogspot.com

darkhalf357x

Hard Core Member

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

3/07/13 11:09:26 AM#26
Originally posted by r3dl4nce
Guys, as you like, I know what I tried and played and I can foresee what will be the future of this game, but really does not need a fortune teller to see the future: the fate of Star Trek Online is there so anyone can see how succesfull are Cryptic games (same bugged action combat, same Wow-ish theme park style, same lack of character progression customization), but don't woory,  thanks to the Foundry Neverwinter will be a great success... Ah, STO had Foundry too... uh oh...

Where do you people come from trying to write off your opinion as fact?  Like you can predict the future of the game. Give me a break.

Why dont you just call the game an 'MMO-clone' since you are being ultra generic.  And by the way EQ had everything WoW has so who is a clone of who?

Some of you here kill me... 

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

3/07/13 2:53:25 PM#27

Its an MMO which mimics D&D very faithfully but it is not D&D game. i.e.

Though its mechanics are not exactly D&D(not even close), it mimics the D&D world.

It will be more accurate to say that it is more or less a game on some FR novel - a MMO which nicely captures forgotten realms and tell the tales and legends of that place.

And the novel is as D&D as you can ask for. Infact the lore is canon and accurate. But those looking for PnP D&D gameplay, combat is more like Dragon Age which mimics D&D instead of PnP.

EDIT:-

What I am saying is that it is no NWN3 or something like BG.

But it is a very good MMO in itself which faithfully tells the stories of forgotten realms.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

3/07/13 3:13:16 PM#28
Originally posted by Crunchy222

Just curious for those who are founders ect.

Hows the beta going?  Is this the 3D ARPG as some have suggested?  If so hows the itemization, hows the combat...does this feel like a game that can last?

Or is this something different all together?

Also...any info on the cash shop?  Anything that strikes you as an easy sell if there isnt a running shop up yet.  This to me is kind of important given its a free game.  I really dont trust PWI's style of cash shop and they are really the only reason i didnt suck it up and pay to beta test this...other than it being a new trend i despise.

3d diablo already exists.

Its called World of Warcraft

2 Pages « 1 2 Search