Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,641,869 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,108
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » "The Father" of RPG doesn't have Ranger class.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
33 posts found
  berlight

Novice Member

OP  2/15/13 12:37:16 PM#1

Simple as it is.

I just want to laugh on that and share with you my ROFL.

Beta tester maniac

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/15/13 12:38:27 PM#2
I am lost. Who said what and when? 
  Zooce

Novice Member

2/15/13 12:41:32 PM#3
Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock seem to be in the works.
  wesjr

Novice Member

2/15/13 12:41:50 PM#4
Original RPG's really only had 4 classes - Fighter | Healer | Rogue | Mage
  Sovrath

Elite Member

2/15/13 12:41:53 PM#5
Originally posted by berlight

Simple as it is.

Neverwinter Nights the RPG was made by Bioware.

Neverwinter Nights the MMO is made by Cryptic.

Other than setting and use of "some sort" of D&D ruleset, they are not related.

muffins89

Hard Core Member

2/15/13 12:43:53 PM#6
isn't this game still in beta?

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

dancingstar

Hard Core Member

2/15/13 12:54:17 PM#7
Originally posted by wesjr

This. Ranger was not one of the primary character classes in classic D&D. In 1st edition AD&D, Ranger and Paladin were sub-classes of fighter.

jdnyc

Apprentice Member

2/15/13 12:57:51 PM#8

This game probably has a Ranger class.  It probably has a few classes we don't know about.  It won't release with these classes because they need to sell them in the shop.  They are doing this because the game isn't a charity and vanity items only in a F2P doesn't cut it.  What does cut it is giving people options to play a game and have fun.  If you want to play a specific class not offered as free content, you must pay.

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/15/13 12:58:50 PM#9
Originally posted by dancingstar

This. Ranger was not one of the primary character classes in classic D&D. In 1st edition AD&D, Ranger and Paladin were sub-classes of fighter.

Well personally I like rangers, it requires the least work, you just stand still and fire stuff at mobs.  Means I can watch TV.  Win-win.  I hope they introduce one.  

jdnyc

Apprentice Member

2/15/13 1:01:25 PM#10
Originally posted by MightyChasm

Well personally I like rangers, it requires the least work, you just stand still and fire stuff at mobs.  Means I can watch TV.  Win-win.  I hope they introduce one.  

Granted the difficulty of the game is pretty easy right now, but you know this game isn't tab target right?

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/15/13 1:02:45 PM#11
Originally posted by jdnyc

Granted the difficulty of the game is pretty easy right now, but you know this game isn't tab target right?

So I actually have to pay attention?  That is not why I play mmos!

wesjr

Novice Member

2/15/13 1:08:25 PM#12

lol, I sense a bit of sarcasm.... @least I hope that was sarcasm  

strangepowers

Advanced Member

SCAD Animation-Film-F/X

2/15/13 1:08:26 PM#13

I used to doze off playing a ranger back in the day during raids lol.

The scary part is one day the world will be run by adults who were never spanked as kids and got trophies just for participating.

User Deleted
2/15/13 1:09:40 PM#14

the ranger type class is prolly in the works acording to the interview that happened with Total Halibut on his channel. (opens a new window to get the link) considering it's the most well known style class, they are most likely having trouble balancing it before releasing it outright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY the entire video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY#t=2370s that question and answer specifically.

He was talking to the developer Zeke in the interview.

I wonder how many half elf or full elven "legolas" variations we'll see in this title when they do release the ranger style class, it was a plague in WoW with Night Eleves and Blood Elves hunters.

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/15/13 1:12:50 PM#15

lol, I sense a bit of sarcasm.... @least I hope that was sarcasm  

Sadly I was entirely serious.  

MortisRex

Novice Member

2/15/13 1:13:24 PM#16
Originally posted by Sovrath

Simple as it is.

The first Neverwinter Nights was an MMO made by Stormfront Studios on AOL. in the mid 90's. It did have Rangers.

User Deleted
2/15/13 1:15:43 PM#17
Originally posted by MortisRex
Originally posted by Sovrath

Simple as it is.

The first Neverwinter Nights was an MMO made by Stormfront Studios on AOL. in the mid 90's. It did have Rangers.

Also I'd like to point out that they are very much more strict on this title as Wizards of the Coast has had a direct dealing with every bit of the game design, they didn't just throw them the contents of the lore and let them do whatever they wanted with it.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/15/13 1:17:52 PM#18

Mined data files show the Ranger and Warlock are being worked on.  Yesterdays NOC's Podcast had Andy Velasquez stating the game is being shipped with 5 classes and those data miend classes will be in shortly after launch within the first or second patch.  SO expect to see the Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger classes and Dragonborn Race within a month or 2 after launch.

Classes
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Archer_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Controller_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Devoted_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Greatweapon_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Scourge_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Trickster_Selected.Wtex

Alt Icons
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Cleric_Devotedcleric_Selected.Wt ex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Fighter_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Rogue_Trickster_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Wizard_Controlwizard_Selected.Wt ex

Races
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Female.Wtex

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

2/15/13 1:21:15 PM#19
Originally posted by itgrowls

Also I'd like to point out that they are very much more strict on this title as Wizards of the Coast has had a direct dealing with every bit of the game design, they didn't just throw them the contents of the lore and let them do whatever they wanted with it.

That's the best part about having 4½ editions to play with...eventually, anything is justified (and you can sit back and laugh while the players hairsplit over subtle differences).

In this case, you have the additional fun of previous games bearing the same title, too!

I expect this will provide non-stop developer entertainment for literal years.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

berlight

Novice Member

OP  2/16/13 4:11:50 AM#20
Originally posted by azzamasin

Mined data files show the Ranger and Warlock are being worked on.  Yesterdays NOC's Podcast had Andy Velasquez stating the game is being shipped with 5 classes and those data miend classes will be in shortly after launch within the first or second patch.  SO expect to see the Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger classes and Dragonborn Race within a month or 2 after launch.

Classes
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Archer_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Controller_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Devoted_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Greatweapon_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Scourge_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Trickster_Selected.Wtex

Alt Icons
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Cleric_Devotedcleric_Selected.Wt ex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Fighter_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Rogue_Trickster_Selected.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Wizard_Controlwizard_Selected.Wt ex

Races
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Male.Wtex
Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Female.Wtex

Now thats good news!

Even so, for fans, not having a ranger class at start is kinda lame.

Beta tester maniac

2 Pages 1 2 » Search