Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,303 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,434
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Does Neverwinter feel like the game play is similar to WoW?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
41 posts found
  Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

2/20/13 8:18:16 AM#41
Originally posted by Nemesis7884
Originally posted by SpectralHunter

NWO has a lot of similarities to Champions Online which is not surprising since we're talking about Cryptic.  The combat and stats are very similiar. 

The obvious major difference is the freeform build.

I also expect similar methods of collecting revenue in NWO: lockboxes, archetypes, probably player housing, mounts...etc.

there wont be lockboxes...also no pay for classes or races... only cosmetics (also mounts / pets) and consumables...

the one thing that concerns me about the gameplay right now is the locking-in-place during skills...i hope they come up with a better solution before release

In earlier versions of the game, the locking in place mechanic wasn't there and you could move all about.  Though the game did not feel visceral enough, and in time they made it so that it would do such, and altered the attack animations so that you really felt each "strike".  This is especially true with the rogue and guardian fighter.  There were other reasons as well, though this is what makes the combat feel so strong and fun at the moment.  You are still technically able to move while attacking, it will just interrupt in most situations (as how can you have pin point accuracy when you're jumping about?).

:3

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search