Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,069 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,534
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Kilrain

Hard Core Member

OP  2/12/13 8:53:40 AM#1
I understand there is the traditional leveling system, this is D&D afterall, but what about playing with friends? Can a level one group up with someone level 15 or 30 and still run some content? I ask this because I want to play games with my brother, but typically one of us will play more than the other and leave the other in the dust (he usually out levels me). So I'm curious if anyone knows the answer to this.

professional web programming and design.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/12/13 8:56:09 AM#2

Originally posted by Kilrain
I understand there is the traditional leveling system, this is D&D afterall, but what about playing with friends? Can a level one group up with someone level 15 or 30 and still run some content? I ask this because I want to play games with my brother, but typically one of us will play more than the other and leave the other in the dust (he usually out levels me). So I'm curious if anyone knows the answer to this.

I don't think so, If you watch some of the press events the interviewer is scaled up to do content with the developers, which would imply that he couldnt do content with them otherwise..

Sorry that's not very definitive but it's usually the way these things go..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Kilrain

Hard Core Member

OP  2/12/13 8:59:15 AM#3
I figured as much anyway, I was hoping I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play and eventually we'll be the same level anyway. This is why I like skill based systems, even if they are typically more "grindy" they allow people to run the same content. Either that or sandbox, which doesn't restrict either.

professional web programming and design.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

2/12/13 9:00:21 AM#4
I can't say this for sure, but I think all Cryptic games have the option to "mentor" lower level players upto 1 level below the mentor.  I don't know if they're going to have it in this game, but if I had to bet, I'd say they would include that kind of system.