Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,642 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,080
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Wish a company would make a Greyhawk or Dragon Lance D&D game

5 posts found
  jeradl

Advanced Member

OP  6/10/14 4:08:47 PM#1
When I heard about the first D&D game coming out, I was excited at first. Then I found out it was Forgotten Realms based which was a huge disappointment as that was way past the prime of D&D. D&D's biggest popularity was back in the Greyhawk and Dragon Lance days. I really wish a good company would make a D&D subscription game based on the old school aforementioned campaigns with the original rule sets for those two instead of the changes that came later that messed everything up.
  Slukjan

Hard Core Member

6/10/14 4:12:55 PM#2
I loved Dragonlance and read just about every book they published back when I was a teenager.  I always wanted them to make a movie or tv series based on dragonlance.  I am aware of the anime movie but haven't watched it.  I would definitely support a DL based game.  Maybe something during or after the War of the Lance.
  enntense

Novice Member

6/10/14 4:13:18 PM#3
Or even worse D&D Neverwinter, which will leave you wondering after a while where the D&D in the game even is....
  Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

6/10/14 4:23:55 PM#4
I have been hoping for a DragonLance MMO since I started playing Everquest all those years ago. Too bad people seem to be attached to Neverwinter and it's lackluster lore.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

holdenhamlet

Elite Member

6/11/14 7:09:47 PM#5

All of these games have to be approved by Wizards, owners of D&D.

I'm not sure they would approve of a game using an old ruleset.

SMITE: the awesomely addictive 3rd person MOBA