Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,897 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,450
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Totally fed up with this game now

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
64 posts found
  ste2000

Advanced Member

1/01/14 7:57:03 AM#21
Originally posted by gunjinn

there is NO REWARD in this game, just grind, grind and then grind which is endgame grind to get ready for next patch grind.

What took you so long to understand that?

It took me 30 minutes in Beta to understand what kind of game NW was going to be.

And when I said that this game has a month of longevity I got the usual stick from everyone. Though it is surprising you lasted more than a month...........

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

1/01/14 8:11:14 AM#22

OP , i saw that NWN was not going to be a long term game,it is very shallow in it's design.I think you were expecting too much and got too entangled because you were playing for levels and they are easy to get.If you have higher standards for game play,you will see very early on the worth of a game.

Also the combat was very predictable and repetitive so you don't need to wait until level 60 to FULLY understand it's combat.

I figured there was something more in the game with the player made quests,but after i dived into it,i realized,NO it was an over all cheap game with low end assets and what seems a really weak game engine.I knew it would not be more than 1 month of fun for me and that was right about where i left the game for good.It is 100% a paint by numbers game,you follow the quests the entire game,no other game play.Grinding the various different currencies is also not worth the time.

The whole game just feel like spam your hot bar aside from hanging onto one ability,like an AOE.Also the mobs just seem to attack in bunches,no real organized combat,especially in the Boss fights,also not having enough abilities and mechanics make the combat just too simple.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

DeathWolf2u

Apprentice Member

A new year let's hope for new games that don't suck.

1/01/14 8:26:49 AM#23

Reply to gunjinn the OP,

I tried this game when it was in beta and when it released. Made it to max level and realized there was not much to do so I uninstalled and moved on to a new game.

I'm sorry you invested so much time to now be left standing there in the cold. Move on and play something new is my best advice. I think most people especially here on this site have been doing that for quite some time. Many people realize the mmorpg market has grown quite stale.

You might want to expand your horizon and try games that are not mmorpg's. Right now I'm having a blast with Warframe, highly addicting.

JJ82

Advanced Member

1/01/14 8:50:35 AM#24
Originally posted by gunjinn

there is NO REWARD in this game, just grind, grind and then grind which is endgame grind to get ready for next patch grind.

If the reward in a game isn't having "fun" then the game is going to feel like a grind eventually.

its just sad that this, like every other MMO made in the last 8-9 years is all about the shiny's and other cheap rewards. I shouldn't be doing instances for an item, nor should I be doing PvP for gear or buffs for my "side". I should be doing it because its fun to do it.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

Raquis

Novice Member

1/01/14 8:56:15 AM#25

the best free game out there BUT if you level more than one character then their is something wrong with you.

I got I lv.60 and I play once a month maybe with a friend just when their is new content,wait for ESO or play the other elders scrolls games.

Yanocchi

Apprentice Member

1/01/14 6:58:35 PM#26

I have played Neverwinter for eight months and my character has almost the highest possible gear score you can have in the game (19k cleric). I am going to visit Neverwinter sometimes for some casual fun now and then but me and most friends preferred to return to the Baldur's Gate server for Neverwinter Nights 2 because it offers much more immersive and atmospheric experience than Neverwinter.

dragnmastralex

Apprentice Member

1/03/14 8:53:36 AM#27

its a game full of gold farmers ran by a company of gold farmers.

got hacked last night due to a security leak on the cryptic website's portal during the patch. lost all my bank items and AD.

GM response is oh well sucks to be you. Guess you will have to buy back all the stuff you lost from us using real money huh?

worst company ever... will never play another PWE game for life.

Manestream

Hard Core Member

1/03/14 6:21:37 PM#28

Don't blame you, I lost interest when they did not revert servers back after a lot of stuff had been exploited after major patch's, someone then said that it was staff.

For whats happened to you and that response, well that's ridiculous by them.

Jyiiga

Advanced Member

1/05/14 8:38:25 PM#29

It has been a shallow piece of crap since the start. The only reason it was nominated for game of the year is due to lack of brain cells AND the fact that there were so few MMO titles released in 2013.

Asm0deus

Hard Core Member

1/05/14 8:48:43 PM#30
Originally posted by Jyiiga

It has been a shallow piece of crap since the start. The only reason it was nominated for game of the year is due to lack of brain cells AND the fact that there were so few MMO titles released in 2013.

Pretty much!   I had high hopes for this piece of......lol

case: Coolermaster HAF932
PSU: Antec EA 750watt
RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
cooling: Noctua NH-D14
storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

discord235

Advanced Member

1/05/14 8:53:18 PM#31

Yep, they fooled you, alright.

I quit the game during open beta because I realized it was crap. The sad thing is, I am currently playing it NOW because the MMO scene is so crappy right now. I started a Drow Hunter Ranger since that is the newest race/class they added (I am currently level 34). At least the $20 I initially spent on bag and bank space allowed me to switch my extra bag to my new character. I understand the game it totally free, but it is the worst PAY TO WIN title I have played. And I know we can sit here all night and argue about what "pay-to-win" means, but from MY EXPERIENCE, it is. I had been getting back in to GW2 ever since they started releasing new content every 2 weeks, and that was keeping me busy, since I started grinding mats for ascendeds in between updates. But now they haven't released anything new since the Wintersday stuff, which I finished in 3 days (meaning a few hours spread over a 3-day period). It's nice they added the ascended armor, but that's just more of the same tedious grind. I (like so many others) am patiently awaiting the release of something NEW. Hell, I'll even play ESO if it comes out before Wildstar!

dragnmastralex

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 9:53:03 PM#32
I actually went back to some old games like Rappelz and Shaiya waiting for something good to come out.
  Panzerbase

Apprentice Member

1/05/14 10:04:22 PM#33
After watching how they handled the economic exploitation I popped smoke and left. 
  Manestream

Hard Core Member

1/06/14 6:34:22 PM#34

Aye, playing Rift right now, went to take a look at SWTOR but after the initial log-in and 30 mins of play I have not been able to bring myself to log into that PoC since.

You guys are right, the MMO scene has been crap and slow lately with near enough all games last year and the year before being utter failures.

Single player ones have had more of an impact, some big ones being failures whilst some not so well known being hits.

Hope this year is better but have to expect (from previous years) that 98% will be crappy failures as per the usuall, hopefully it wont be a 100% year for that. oh god I hope not.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

1/09/14 8:24:52 PM#35
It's a fun game for what it is. I don't get sucked into it like a more "worldly" mmo but it's great for some hack and slash fun. I don't play it for epic rewards though just cool stories and combat. The foundry stuff can be a lot of fun.

MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

1/10/14 8:38:57 AM#36
Originally posted by Fendel84M
It's a fun game for what it is. I don't get sucked into it like a more "worldly" mmo but it's great for some hack and slash fun. I don't play it for epic rewards though just cool stories and combat. The foundry stuff can be a lot of fun.

Agreed.  For all you naysayers about the game's story/writing, please do the following:

1. Play until you reach the graveyard
  2. Find an item dropped by mobs that grants a quest
  3. Laugh at how funny the writing for the quest is

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Broomy

Novice Member

1/10/14 6:18:13 PM#37

I like the class structure in the game and the customization of powers/feats/boons.  Very detailed.  BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN MMO HAS NO ENDGAME or even Mini game!  No raids, no housing, all there is to do is roll alts.

I am playing it casually, but I know full well the night will come when I dont want to log in anymore due to NOTHING TO DO.  

Waiting on Wildstar and tinkering with cheap freebies like City of Steam.   

Current Games: Casually playing LOTRO

osc8r

Advanced Member

1/19/14 8:15:10 PM#38
Originally posted by evilastro

Also, are you new to MMOs? Endgame grind to move to the next endgame grind... you pretty much described every themepark MMO ever. What other reward were you after? Which other themepark MMO offers this reward?

Meaningful PVP that's fun, and which isn't restricted to standing in circles in tiny instances...?

Or PVE that's challenging and not just your generic yawnfest?

drbaltazar

Apprentice Member

1/19/14 8:45:05 PM#39
Drear ring and sharandar are gear up area (as far as I saw at least (I'm at the second step so maybe further its better ) I thing .end game is kings crypt or the 9200 epic .valindra s castle should be nice ,but in the book kings crypt is where its at .I haven't finished never winter book yet but valindra seem to play a huge role . but if you want a challenge grab a group of 9200 or so pug and enter the 9200 epic .
  Chadiwicker

Hard Core Member

1/27/14 2:23:27 PM#40
Originally posted by osc8r

Or PVE that's challenging and not just your generic yawnfest?

Questing PVE is very soloable, though people have different skill levels. It is, therefore, accessible to a large amount of people.

Higher level epic dungeons (i.e. Epic Dread Vault, Castle Never, Valindra's Tower) are challenging and should provide even the most hardcore players with some fun.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search