Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,172 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,785
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Graphics BLurry?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Dren_Utogi

Advanced Member

12/17/13 1:10:09 AM#21
Originally posted by Varthander
Originally posted by Elevenb4

Post Processing and Bloom were the first things I checked and turned off and on. Like one already said, I'm starting to think not all the graphics are loaded into the game yet. Some setting I mess with dont' make anything look different. ANyways, I'll wait a few days and see if they load a patch or something else into the game. No way I can play like this.

Thanks for all the replies.

i dont blame you, this game was better optimized in the beta, like you did i downloaded the game after release also and i cant manage to configure it properly (graphically speaking) to make it look good and have a good performance.

system info ? Graphic driver updated ?

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

12/17/13 1:13:29 AM#22
The engine Cryptic uses in their games is terrible. Its blurry across all of them. Not even disabling that horribly overused post processing helps.
  Dren_Utogi

Advanced Member

12/17/13 1:31:00 AM#23
Originally posted by Lobotomist
The engine Cryptic uses in their games is terrible. Its blurry across all of them. Not even disabling that horribly overused post processing helps.

What are you talking about LOL. This game looks as good or better the rift. IT has a lot of great texturing and use of bump maps and dx11 effects,

I think some ya'll need to upgrade those Wow puters to the 21st century and put away thos CRT's for nice crisp HD monitors :) .

kujii

Advanced Member

12/17/13 1:57:15 AM#24
I find that Tera is much blurrier than NW.  I downloaded Tera a few days ago and checked that all settings were on highest....not impressed and I wasn't impressed in Tera beta either.   You can go on the NW forums and find posts of guardian fighter armor and gear that are as sharp as any mmo out there .  I was told today that if you hit B you can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out. I forgot to try it so I am not sure of the extent or if you can play more zoomed in or out.  
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

12/17/13 2:46:54 AM#25

Some of you need your gamer cards revoked or at least relegated to consoles.

Here is a performance guide at Nvidia to optimize the graphics quality and performance of the game. http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/neverwinter-graphics-and-performance-guide#1

Disabling bloom can reduce the glowy haze you might experience from some areas. There is also a setting called Cinematic Focus which is a depth of field filter that makes far off objects out of focus. You can disable this setting to keep things crisp. The guide is really good for explaining performance versus visual trade-offs and even has dynamic examples of most settings.

Abrraham

Novice Member

12/27/13 2:53:52 PM#26
Originally posted by kujii
I find that Tera is much blurrier than NW.  I downloaded Tera a few days ago and checked that all settings were on highest....not impressed and I wasn't impressed in Tera beta either.   You can go on the NW forums and find posts of guardian fighter armor and gear that are as sharp as any mmo out there .  I was told today that if you hit B you can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out. I forgot to try it so I am not sure of the extent or if you can play more zoomed in or out.  

You must be kidding. Tera graphics are far superior, especialy armors. I don't like Tera anymore and even prefer Neverwinter, but character models and armor do graphically look much better!

gracefield

Novice Member

1/02/14 1:37:45 PM#27
Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
Originally posted by Lobotomist

What are you talking about LOL. This game looks as good or better the rift. IT has a lot of great texturing and use of bump maps and dx11 effects,

I think some ya'll need to upgrade those Wow puters to the 21st century and put away thos CRT's for nice crisp HD monitors :) .

I play this on a 32-inch HD monitor with an HD7850 2gb - Neverwinter is a good game, but it is definitely 'blurry'...

SCZeke

Apprentice Member

3/22/14 6:17:37 PM#28
Originally posted by ChaulsinNL
Old thread, but I had the same problem with everything looking blurry. What worked for me was changing the render scale to 1.00 under the options>video>troubleshooting tab. Who knows, it  might help someone :) .

Thanks for posting this, it fixed the blurriness for me. Much appreciated.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search