Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,073 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,871
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Neverwinter + SweetFx Comparison Shots :)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
72 posts found
  User Deleted
4/21/13 11:16:50 AM#41
Thanks for the reminder, ran SweetFX on GW2 and loved it. Will definitely be doing the same for Neverwinter!
  polikok

Novice Member

4/26/13 8:19:32 PM#42
Originally posted by Wizardry

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

well it works like placebo, you can use brighnes and contras but then its nothing special like drinking water, or u can use some special hiper mod Sweetfx AND BINGO U GOT AMAZING LOKKING GRAPHICS :))))

kilyan

Novice Member

5/02/13 6:36:17 PM#43

hi i used thousand times sweetfx and the difference is all in lumasharpen.

But this time for some reason when i add sweetfx to my game, it shows only blackscreen and audio.

change drivers would make sense?

edit:works only in dx9 version of the game,dx11 doesn't love it

mikuniman

Advanced Member

5/02/13 6:41:26 PM#44
Way better and colors look richer with SweetFX
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  5/02/13 6:46:18 PM#45
Originally posted by polikok
Originally posted by Wizardry

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

well it works like placebo, you can use brighnes and contras but then its nothing special like drinking water, or u can use some special hiper mod Sweetfx AND BINGO U GOT AMAZING LOKKING GRAPHICS :))))

not sure how many times it has to be said SWEETFX HAS NO EFFECT ON GRAPHICS... aside from SMAA all it does is add several differn't filters to make colors more vibrant in various ways.. it doesn't add new lighting or make textures look better or anything like that.. figured most everyone knew that by now

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

polikok

Novice Member

5/02/13 6:54:38 PM#46

ok you can use nvidia driver panel to have vibrant colors and CONTRAST TO HAVE IT SHARPEN

OK?????? you get it now?

sweetfx what a bullshit even the name sound naive hahahaha

Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  5/02/13 6:57:00 PM#47

ok you can use nvidia driver panel to have vibrant colors and CONTRAST TO HAVE IT SHARPEN

OK?????? you get it now?

you can do a LOT more than just contrast and sharpen with sweetfx.. its also much easier to deal with as you can easily setup differn't games for differn't color settings and have them load automatically with the game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

kilyan

Novice Member

5/02/13 6:59:13 PM#48

y use sweetfx configurator,  a gui that helps

using sweetfx:

polikok

Novice Member

5/02/13 7:04:04 PM#49
Originally posted by Aerowyn

OK?????? you get it now?

you can do a LOT more than just contrast and sharpen with sweetfx.. its also much easier to deal with as you can easily setup differn't games for differn't color settings and have them load automatically with the game

yeah sure dll or exe that mess up direcx x fuction on top of running game is better then doing it in driver profile SURE

David_Lopan

Novice Member

"There is no progress. Everything is the same as it was. Form changes. The essence does not." RLS

5/02/13 7:06:15 PM#50
Sweet FX is an amazing tool. Havent used it yet on NW but those pics look good. Besides the colors, everything just looks more crisp, it does give the effect that evey texture is sharper and in a high rez then b4.
  Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

5/02/13 7:15:06 PM#51
Originally posted by Aerowyn

Just some comparison shots I did.. love the colors from sweetfx... put your mouse outside the screen to see regular then mouseover to see SweetFx version

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:2

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:1

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18677

Awesome pics!! Keep em coming.

kilyan

Novice Member

5/02/13 7:22:32 PM#52

guys my pic has not the settings applied, im doing screenshot with msi afterburner but maybe this version is buggy.

What can i use to show sweetfx applied? even stamp show the pics without sweetfx even if are on in that moment

brihtwulf

Hard Core Member

5/02/13 7:29:44 PM#53

I didn't happen to notice if there was anti-aliasing in the graphics settings, but if not that would be something nice to have added.  Otherwise, I have a similar opinion to some of the posts here.  It seems like the only real difference in the images was contrast and saturation.  It doesn't seem to get rid of fogginess, rather just over-emphasize the colors and light/dark.

I will have to try it myself to really see what it can do, but I usually trust the developers when it comes to the colors presented in a game.  I guess it's like looking at photos.  You can take a realistic shot, and run it through crazy filters to over-emphasize the colors.  It might make it more "vibrant", but it can also end up looking too unrealistic and easily over-saturated.

kilyan

Novice Member

5/02/13 7:32:08 PM#54

you have to look on the floor in the picture,you see the details you coulbn't see before because of that stupid fog.

R least in my settings where i use high values in sharpen

HorrorScope

Novice Member

5/05/13 6:13:30 PM#55

Just got around to turning this on for Neverwinter... And again the injector proves a winner.

I dropped the saturation down from the stock setting, turned on HDR (I have Post Processing and Bloom off in game) and SMAA off (The AA in game is already great), and a couple other minor changes. What do I get?

I game that isn't as washed out, much better black levels.

A sharper game, totally notiecable and can't see how anyone would choose the more smeared look.

Win and Win!

Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  5/05/13 6:28:46 PM#56
Originally posted by HorrorScope

Just got around to turning this on for Neverwinter... And again the injector proves a winner.

I dropped the saturation down from the stock setting, turned on HDR (I have Post Processing and Bloom off in game) and SMAA off (The AA in game is already great), and a couple other minor changes. What do I get?

I game that isn't as washed out, much better black levels.

A sharper game, totally notiecable and can't see how anyone would choose the more smeared look.

Win and Win!

agreed game looks way better.. really hate the washed out look so many games have these days... anyway glad sweetfx is working well for people:)

kilyan

Novice Member

5/06/13 4:34:11 AM#57
y hdr makes difference but costs around 10 fps
  HorrorScope

Novice Member

5/09/13 7:34:59 PM#58

Not SweetFX related but a friendly tip for adjusting the camera. I put these in my character profile and then when I start up I copy/paste each line into chat and press enter, to initialize it.

/bind wheelminus "gfxsetdefaultfov 45"
/bind wheelplus "gfxsetdefaultfov 80"

What it does, it zooms in/our out with your mouse wheel. The out view I like for outside quests or travel, the in view I like for dungeons, more up close and personal imersiveness.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  5/09/13 9:46:01 PM#59
Originally posted by HorrorScope

Not SweetFX related but a friendly tip for adjusting the camera. I put these in my character profile and then when I start up I copy/paste each line into chat and press enter, to initialize it.

/bind wheelminus "gfxsetdefaultfov 45"
/bind wheelplus "gfxsetdefaultfov 80"

What it does, it zooms in/our out with your mouse wheel. The out view I like for outside quests or travel, the in view I like for dungeons, more up close and personal imersiveness.

thanks for the tip:)

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

5/10/13 6:13:38 AM#60
You get same effect if you disable post-processing in game settings. Just saying.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search