Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,838,162 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,978
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » The Foundry is Impressive

6 posts found
  BrucyBonus

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/07/13 9:40:29 AM#1

To start with I created a couple of zones and a few linear quests, talk to X, kill Y etc.  The reason was that I just assumed this was some simplistic bolt-on that was going to be impractical and little dull.  

After that I really started to explore it and realised what immense scope/depth it has for you to design your own quests/ campaigns.  I have now spent far more time in the Foundry than the game.   

My only problem is the sheer amount of lazy crap that is churned out by the playerbase which tends to obscure the few gems.  

GrayImpact

Hard Core Member

5/07/13 9:44:10 AM#2

I can't say I've seen anything I've been impresed by, it all seems very default, objects tied to a travel location like another house or zone, standard dialog options, standard kill / find / activate X quests.

Only deviation from It I've seen so far is Jump quests, they're fun but the jumping in Neverwinter is just Dreadful.

That said, i am having fun with the game, and haven't actually tried making anything with the foundry myself, but so far i doubt I'll spend any time there besides the time to get Astral diamonds from it, it just seems as generic as the quests in the game.

I feel kind of bad for even having fun in this game, It really doesn't do anything better then other MMO's have done.

W/e, i guess lowering my standards is working great for me with MMO's these days, bring on the gear grind.

udon

Advanced Member

5/07/13 9:45:24 AM#3
Originally posted by BrucyBonus

To start with I created a couple of zones and a few linear quests, talk to X, kill Y etc.  The reason was that I just assumed this was some simplistic bolt-on that was going to be impractical and little dull.  

After that I really started to explore it and realised what immense scope/depth it has for you to design your own quests/ campaigns.  I have now spent far more time in the Foundry than the game.   

I truely believe that the Foundry is the heart and soul of this game.  And the best part of the foundry is it does not matter either to a player or creator one bit how much P2W the rest of the game has because it has no affect at all on Foundry content.  You can go and create or play Foundry content in white to blue gear with the level 15 companion and not worry at all about gear score, PVP balance, runes, enchantments, or purple gear for AD's.

BrucyBonus

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/07/13 9:53:41 AM#4
Originally posted by Agoden

I can't say I've seen anything I've been impresed by, it all seems very default, objects tied to a travel location like another house or zone, standard dialog options, standard kill / find / activate X quests.

Only deviation from It I've seen so far is Jump quests, they're fun but the jumping in Neverwinter is just Dreadful.

That said, i am having fun with the game, and haven't actually tried making anything with the foundry myself, but so far i doubt I'll spend any time there besides the time to get Astral diamonds from it, it just seems as generic as the quests in the game.

I feel kind of bad for even having fun in this game, It really doesn't do anything better then other MMO's have done.

W/e, i guess lowering my standards is working great for me with MMO's these days, bring on the gear grind.

I was really talking about the actual Foundry quest builder.  It really does allow you to do some interesting complex things and design them in a lot of detail.  Admittedly most players cannot be bothered to fully learn/ explore/ use all its features so instead they make a field or a cave and a few spawning mobs.  But this does not change the fact that the capability is there to create some decent stuff. 

User Deleted
5/07/13 10:26:49 AM#5
I'm currently making a pretty intense quest at the moment, but taking my time to get everything perfect....I will use everything the Foundry has to offer to make it a fun and complex quest.  It's called Benjamin's Bottom....will be out in a few weeks probably
  Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

5/07/13 10:28:50 AM#6
Originally posted by Agoden

Wait until you get to level 60 in neverwinter. There isn't really any gear grind eiher.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.