Trending Games | ArcheAge | Neverwinter | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,819,929 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,633
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Answers to a few questions that always appear in Chat. :)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Ikeda

Elite Member

5/07/13 6:40:02 AM#21

Yea,

Each companion level goes up by 5 based on rarity.  Companion tomes are in the works but not in game currently.  Basically, white =15, green=20, blue=25, purple=30.

And just to stress this again, a lvl 30 companion should be equivalent to a lvl 60 character.  I wish they'd clarify that.  It's very confusing.

Dibdabs

Hard Core Member

OP  5/07/13 6:40:19 AM#22
Ahhh, thanks.  That explains why no-one knows then.
  Maelwydd

Hard Core Member

5/07/13 6:55:18 AM#23
Originally posted by Dibdabs

You can remotely access your characters via gateway.playneverwinter.com and do things like Professions, Auction House and so forth.  Very handy indeed!

It means you can be playing one character and window out to keep the offline characters doing something useful.  I will be using this on my Android tablet a lot.  :D

Oh my...work is going to suffer!

Many thanks for link.

Muppetier

Advanced Member

5/07/13 8:07:37 AM#24
Originally posted by Maelwydd

You can remotely access your characters via gateway.playneverwinter.com and do things like Professions, Auction House and so forth.  Very handy indeed!

It means you can be playing one character and window out to keep the offline characters doing something useful.  I will be using this on my Android tablet a lot.  :D

Many thanks for link.

if you are worried about following a link to a website that asks for your username and password you can get to this page from the main website by following a link they provided in their news article "Neverwinter Open Beta is Live. Play Now!" dated April 30th.

Dibdabs

Hard Core Member

OP  5/07/13 9:08:47 AM#25
Originally posted by Muppetier
Originally posted by Maelwydd

Many thanks for link.

if you are worried about following a link to a website that asks for your username and password you can get to this page from the main website by following a link they provided in their news article "Neverwinter Open Beta is Live. Play Now!" dated April 30th.

That's why I didn't make it a link, just to make everyone feel safe.  The safety was worth mentioning though.   :)  I just coloured it purple to highlight it.

Aines

Apprentice Member

5/07/13 9:16:36 AM#26
Originally posted by muthax
Anyone found how Companions progress beyond lvl 15?  I see this asked a lot in Chat and no-one knows.

Right now only 'purple' companions get over level 15 (the ygo to 30). Maybe even others (blue?) but I only have the purple dog from Guardian's pack. Apparently, you will need a Tome to let a 'white' companion go over lvl 15 but they aren't in game yet (that's what I heard)

white - 15, green - 20, blue - 25, epic - 30. I think that's about right and I have heard the same about the tome.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

5/07/13 9:17:39 AM#27

In answer to the OPs goldseller question - They're selling AD not gold.  You can report that sort of thing by right clicking a name and selecting "report spam".  It automatically adds that person's account to your ignore list.

Different companions help in different ways for different classes.  For my cleric I use a striker or the control wizard.  You can have more than one companion, but only one summoned at a time.

Lockboxes sell okay for a few AD on the auction house.  It's always best to set a buyout for common items.

Be careful about the rare and woundrous stuff being sold in the auction house.  Many of them are Zen store items and are cheaper by purchasing Zen and the item directly.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Vannor

Hard Core Member

5/07/13 9:26:04 AM#28
Originally posted by Torvaldr

Be careful about the rare and woundrous stuff being sold in the auction house.  Many of them are Zen store items and are cheaper by purchasing Zen and the item directly.

The opposite applies sometimes as well. Like the wards. If you are going to buy something from the Zen store, first check if they are on the AH for cheaper.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

5/07/13 12:01:00 PM#29
Originally posted by Vannor
Originally posted by Torvaldr

The opposite applies sometimes as well. Like the wards. If you are going to buy something from the Zen store, first check if they are on the AH for cheaper.

Yeah, that's a good point.  I should have said, check both places and do the math.  That's the only thing I don't like about the AD/Zen trade is that it makes it a little trickier to see which is the better deal.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Dibdabs

Hard Core Member

OP  5/08/13 5:14:37 AM#30
Does anyone know if you could have, say, two Cleric companions, so you could swap to the spare when the other is training?
2 Pages « 1 2 Search