Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,856 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,043
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » any VIP or monthly sub option?

6 posts found
  treyu86

Novice Member

OP  5/06/13 12:32:41 PM#1
I know this game is F2P and it has a cash shop. I hate free to play games with cash shops, the only exception is when there is an option to buy a VIP pass or monthly sub that just gives you bonuses or cash shop money like Lotro, TERA; Fallen Earth etc. Is there anything like that in Neverwinter? I hate spending money on items in cash shops and we all know F2P is never F2P when they start selling items, xp boosts, etc.
  Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

5/06/13 12:39:56 PM#2
Nope, but you basically get everything you'd get on LOTRO with a sub for free. And the cash shop doesn't sell nearly as many boosts like stat tomes and what not.

User Deleted
5/07/13 4:43:15 AM#3
Originally posted by treyu86
I know this game is F2P and it has a cash shop. I hate free to play games with cash shops, the only exception is when there is an option to buy a VIP pass or monthly sub that just gives you bonuses or cash shop money like Lotro, TERA; Fallen Earth etc. Is there anything like that in Neverwinter? I hate spending money on items in cash shops and we all know F2P is never F2P when they start selling items, xp boosts, etc.

Just don't play if you feel you have to pay and don't want to.

treyu86

Novice Member

OP  5/07/13 4:49:46 AM#4
I don't mind paying, in fact, I prefer games with subs. I just prefer paying a fixed payment each month than having to spend money trying to upgrade weapons etc to compete in high level content, which for me sucks
  Po_gg

Elite Member

5/07/13 4:56:25 AM#5

Nope. I admit I was pretty surprised too when they first announced it (both CO and STO has a monthly fee option), but with Neverwinter they went on the full f2p route, no montly fee, no elevated user status, nothing. Free play + cash shop, that's your only option.

Look the other side, there's no need to browse an f2p matrix, or juggling around the different payment methods :)

User Deleted
5/07/13 5:04:08 AM#6
You dont need to buy anything in the cash shop, it can all be earnt in game. That being said, perhaps you could petition Cryptic to start a subscription server like Allods did? Make everything from the cash shop earnable in game on that server. Couldnt be that hard to do.