Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,802 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,998
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Adders

Novice Member

5/06/13 6:52:44 AM#41

I played the open beta for a couple of hours then deleted it. Why?

First impression (and with MMOs they really count because you can tell a lot from a game in a few hours) was that it's another linear themepark grind. How many zombies do you have to kill in a straight line with no option to do anything else?

OK, while it has free aim, dodging and some voice acting, it's not enough these days.

Also, it's 'based' on 4th edition DnD. I'd never play 4th edition. I own the main rulebook, read it and was disgusted. They made DnD into a bad MMO. Edition 3.5 please.

I played a cleric. Diety choice had no influence on the game. What? It should make a big difference!

And since when can clerics shoot unlimited number of ranged magical attacks? Attacks which never miss, never fail to penetrate opponents armour class?

Guess you can tell by now, I agree with the thread title. Neverwinter is NOT DnD.

Burntvet

Hard Core Member

5/06/13 6:53:39 AM#42
All I have to say is that I have never seen a "real" D&D game where clerics can not rez and don't heal worth a damn. That is their whole point. (Unless you are running a game that is trying to sell heal pots and rez scrolls in the cash shop, that is.)
  MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

5/06/13 6:54:53 AM#43
Originally posted by Zaphear
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by Sovrath
Isn't this supposed to be based on a more current rule set? 4th edition or some such thing?

Yup.  It's based on or inspired by 4th edition and neverwinter setting. Without a human Dungeon Master, crpgs will not truely be DnD imho.  NWN wasn't truely DnD by that measurement either.  But NWN was based on DnD.

DDO does an immensely better job at this.. it in fact DOES feel like a campagin with the narratives sometimes. FFS they even have Gary Gygax doing one.. Neverwinter is stricly an MMO/WoW clone with some DnD flavor.

DDO does have better dungeon emersion than NW, I will grant you that, but the foundry quests that I have played all do their best to simulate it.  They are not as good, but definitely close.

As for the WoW clone, you couldn't be more wrong.  NW is not a WoW clone; if it was, then it would have the same tab targeting spam skill combat system, a crafting system the does not allow you to craft things when you are not playing the game or allow you to craft multiple items at once, or have classes that play differently from WoW classes.  NW is closer to a TERA/RaiderZ clone than a WoW clone, but even calling it that is innacurate.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

kristov

Novice Member

5/06/13 4:14:48 PM#44

The game did a great job of implementing the "Forgotten Realms/Neverwinter Lore" I think overall - but the game rules have about 5% D&D and 95% made up bullsheet for MMO-land.

Overall I still like it, but much like 4e D&D re-wrote the game rules compared to 3e - so did this game.

I dont think its the biggest crime.

The biggest crime is charging 10 real world dollars for a digital bag.

User Deleted
5/07/13 3:56:06 AM#45
Originally posted by kristov

The biggest crime is charging 10 real world dollars for a digital bag.

Yes.  Because paying ten bucks for a bag once is worse than paying 15 bucks each month to have access to your character.

Bag is tradeable AFTER use as well.  

Their biggest crime is ten bucks for a frickin ward stone IMHO.  The bag thing seems right on for what you get and what you can do with it.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search