Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,469 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,853
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Any weird mechanics?

3 posts found
  Raserei

Advanced Member

OP  4/10/13 11:18:53 AM#1

Any weird mechanics in this game that isn't part of the normal MMORPG standard?

I know I saw one video of the campfire, is that the only way you can heal without a cleric?

Are daily skills really every 24 hours or in-game days? (How long is that?)

MadDemon64

Advanced Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

4/10/13 12:25:17 PM#2
Originally posted by Raserei

I know I saw one video of the campfire, is that the only way you can heal without a cleric?

Don't know.  Haven't plaeyd too much to know for sure.

No, you can heal via potions as well.

No, they are just skills that you can only use after attacking and being attacked first

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

LogicLester

Novice Member

4/10/13 11:10:35 PM#3
Originally posted by Raserei

It uses action combat, more like console RPGs than the typical MMORPG, though Tera and DCUO both also do this I wouldn't call it standard yet.  Also there doesn't appear to be the archetypical gathering skills of other MMOs, there is gathering, but it's much more selective from what I've seen and what nodes you can gather is determined by your class or a consumable kit.

As the other poster said, no, there are also potions.  I would expect there to be some items which give regeneration also, since it is D&D.  The campfires you can think of as rest points, they're your out of combat healing.

Again, as the other poster said, no.  If you've played a fighting game, think of dailies as supers, you're limited in using them by having to build up your meter by fighting in the same way.  I'm guessing they called them dailies as a confusing nod toward 4E D&D gamers.