Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,831 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,506
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » What to do at level 50?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
22 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  4/09/13 2:16:51 PM#1

What are some of the things to do/work for at the level cap?

Any form of loot grind?

Any form of end game crafting?

Mostly PvP?

What?

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/09/13 2:20:44 PM#2
Im assuming it will have a rep grind of some sort.
  User Deleted
4/09/13 2:32:05 PM#3

Im gonna play lute and sing the bard´s song.

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

4/09/13 3:11:55 PM#4

foundry.. foundry... and more foundry:)

aside from that basic themepark stuff like pvp battleground, 5 man dungeons, skirmishes...

but foundry for me is what sets this apart from the other themeparks

will know more about end game crafting and gear and such in beta weekend 4 hopefully

also they said they are working on raids for after release

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

ranncore

Novice Member

4/09/13 3:56:52 PM#5
question should be "what to do at level 60" as that is the level cap. I believe cap is still 50 in BW4, but 60 in OB. 
  Fendel84M

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

4/09/13 4:11:13 PM#6
Finish leveling to 60 :p

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

4/10/13 5:45:37 AM#7
Originally posted by Aerowyn

aside from that basic themepark stuff like pvp battleground, 5 man dungeons, skirmishes...

will know more about end game crafting and gear and such in beta weekend 4 hopefully

This is the answer...

so probably no  gear grinding, or character advancement anyomore..  Which for the majorrity of people means its not their cup of tea, personally i am looking forward to the diversity of the foundry, hoping in future it will allow us to create group adventures, multi group content, pvp content, maybe even create our own open world areas, that would expand the world even further....

but the one thing players cant develope is better loot tables for harder content, and tions for advanced character customisation beyound max level.

So chances are if you grew tired of non progression endgame like GW2 offers, you will miss it in this game too.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations)
Currently playing : The Elder Scrolls Online

vmoped

Hard Core Member

4/10/13 6:35:06 AM#8
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This is the answer...

so probably no  gear grinding, or character advancement anyomore..  Which for the majorrity of people means its not their cup of tea, personally i am looking forward to the diversity of the foundry, hoping in future it will allow us to create group adventures, multi group content, pvp content, maybe even create our own open world areas, that would expand the world even further....

but the one thing players cant develope is better loot tables for harder content, and tions for advanced character customisation beyound max level.

So chances are if you grew tired of non progression endgame like GW2 offers, you will miss it in this game too.

By all accounts there will be a form of gear grinding in the enhancement/rune department.  You can have up to lvl 10 enhancements that can be created by combinining lower level enhancements/runes.  At level 50 the max level enhancements/runes that dropped were level 4, so at most, unless there is a change, the highest we may see drop are lvl 5 or 6 ones at lvl 60.  Combining them into higher ones runs increased risk of failure (and loss of components) that can be offset by items you can buy with Zen/AD. Keep in mind it takes quite a few to go from lvl 5 to lvl 10 (for instance).  You can find the math on the official forums.  This appears to be their version of endgame gear grinding atm.  Of course, we can expect higher levels up to 90 at some point, which may alter this more, and of course raids (which I would assume drop higher level enhancements/runes).

BTW, enhancements and runes allow you to further customize your gear and companions.  They become increasingly important as you level.  Acquiring the runes/enhancements (lower level ones) is fairly easy, the combining part is where you begin to realize how many you will eventually need to max one out (as of last beta it was in the thousand plus range to go from lvl 1 to 10 assuming no failures).

As to the OP, the foundry is what I expect to keep me involved with this game.  The ability to create content is what I am most looking forward to.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

4/10/13 7:02:46 AM#9
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This is the answer...

there is definitely more gear progression overall in this game than gw2...haven't spent much time at max level to see how much more though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

4/10/13 7:07:14 AM#10
Originally posted by ForumPvP

always a good thing to do :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Fendel84M

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

4/12/13 12:10:11 PM#11
Originally posted by ForumPvP

That song was disappointing once he started singing. :(

slicknslim88

Novice Member

4/12/13 3:54:46 PM#12
I see great things coming from the foundry, especially from the pvp side of things.  That's what I'm going to be doing when I'm max level.  Making badass campaign's and doing the latest "raid" foundry map.  Cuz I forsee that when it comes to the Foundry, that players are going to make some ridiculously awesome things with it.
  ranncore

Novice Member

4/12/13 4:19:10 PM#13
Originally posted by slicknslim88
I see great things coming from the foundry, especially from the pvp side of things.  That's what I'm going to be doing when I'm max level.  Making badass campaign's and doing the latest "raid" foundry map.  Cuz I forsee that when it comes to the Foundry, that players are going to make some ridiculously awesome things with it.

Unfortunately you can't make PvP Foundry missions or missions accommodating more than 5 players - yet. Crypticmapolis, one of the devs, has already said that PvP Foundry missions is on his personal list of priorities and they plan to implement it post-launch. Probably looking at 60-90 days minimum before we see something like that. 

Nonetheless, awesome things are indeed going to be coming from the Foundry, I already have my first campaign all planned out :)

AG-Vuk

Hard Core Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

4/12/13 4:21:11 PM#14
A Cryptic/PWI game, hmmm that's a tough one ?  Let me take a stab in the dark, grind until your eyeballs bleed because you don't find the game worthy enough to spend money on. even if you do decide to spend money on it. You'll still need to grind until your eyeballs bleed because they'll add something the equivalent to starbase in STO. Ask anyone from that game how that grind is going ?

ranncore

Novice Member

4/12/13 4:23:41 PM#15

I like STO quite a bit, and it's true that it's got an end-game grind, but what MMO doesn't? At least in Star Trek - and hopefully in this game - there is a pretty big variety of activities to participate in at end-game. Building your starbase, multiple faction reps, Foundry, PvP.  Not like you have to participate in an end-game grind of that sort in NW - if you bothered reading the last few posts you'd see that quite a few people are interested mostly in making their own missions and playing UGC content. Regardless, as has already been shown, it takes all of 3 days to get to level cap - I wouldn't call that grindy. 

I'm a sucker for end-game MMO grinds anyways. Bring it on. 

hockeyplayr

Advanced Member

4/13/13 8:00:50 PM#16
Someone finally got it right. The game is fun right off the bat and you don't have to jump through tedious hoops to get to the fun stuff (such as a drawn out tutorial).  I have faith that it'll remain fun at 50 based one what I have experienced so far. Add foundry on top of that and who knows what other players will come up with for you to do on top of the developers themselves. Who would have thought I'd be saying that about a game made by cryptic
  Ungwe_Lianti

Novice Member

4/14/13 3:30:21 PM#17
sounds like a good game to focus my time on together with Tera untill Camelot unchained :)
  MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

4/17/13 11:29:01 AM#18
Originally posted by AG-Vuk
A Cryptic/PWI game, hmmm that's a tough one ?  Let me take a stab in the dark, grind until your eyeballs bleed because you don't find the game worthy enough to spend money on. even if you do decide to spend money on it. You'll still need to grind until your eyeballs bleed because they'll add something the equivalent to starbase in STO. Ask anyone from that game how that grind is going ?

AG-Vuk.  I need to ask you something very important:

Have you ever even played a Cryptic/PWI game, even for a minute?

Seriously, have you ever taken the time to actually try these games, because your stab in the dark not only missed , it someone ended up behind you and in another country.  

I mean, seriously, the game isn't even out and you are claiming that it will be the mother of all grinders with a cash shop worse than the one Allods had.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Karahandras

Advanced Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

4/17/13 11:36:46 AM#19
Originally posted by AG-Vuk

This.  May not be there right from the beginning but they'll add it at some point.

ranncore

Novice Member

4/17/13 12:12:38 PM#20
This just in - random forum poster believes MMO will be grindy. 
2 Pages 1 2 » Search