Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,023 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,111
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » no old school questing. its annoying.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

4/07/13 12:26:11 PM#21
Originally posted by furbans
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Eluldor

Umm most of these quests are going into a dungeon, playing through it, and then going and talking to NPC. There are some kill this and that outside in the open world areas, but the bulk of this game is in dungeons.

You can't really compare this to other games like GW2, since it is really just about doing dungeons, and dungeons, and dungeons...Doesn't even sound like you played since doing what GW2 did would not every work in this game. Do I need to repeat that pretty much everything is dungeon focused again? I hope not.

Exactly.

If this game featured the sort of quests up in the top of the world I wouldnt even play it, and Im not a fan of any of the open zones because of this but the vast majority of the game is go into a hidden crypt or dungeon and do something.  Its actually quite refreshing and I know of no other MMO that features as many quest based dungeons as NWO.  Always fun and always entertaining and it captures the heart of a true D&D game IMO.

True D&D allows options and custimzation, not this WoWification or corridor world feel.  The game feels like a co-op arcade game in a D&D skin, like Demon Stone.  TRUE D&D feel would be something like the NWN series persistent worlds and not this bastardization where you deal with countless restrictions.

But then this is 4th edition DnD.. Which is contradictory to everything we knew in the 3th edition. Actually the classdesign stays pretty close to 4th edition.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Karelia

Apprentice Member

4/07/13 12:27:30 PM#22
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Eluldor

Umm most of these quests are going into a dungeon, playing through it, and then going and talking to NPC. There are some kill this and that outside in the open world areas, but the bulk of this game is in dungeons.

You can't really compare this to other games like GW2, since it is really just about doing dungeons, and dungeons, and dungeons...Doesn't even sound like you played since doing what GW2 did would not every work in this game. Do I need to repeat that pretty much everything is dungeon focused again? I hope not.

Exactly.

If this game featured the sort of quests up in the top of the world I wouldnt even play it, and Im not a fan of any of the open zones because of this but the vast majority of the game is go into a hidden crypt or dungeon and do something.  Its actually quite refreshing and I know of no other MMO that features as many quest based dungeons as NWO.  Always fun and always entertaining and it captures the heart of a true D&D game IMO.

agree

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

4/07/13 12:30:35 PM#23
Originally posted by Purutzil

Its designed to be instance focused for one, so in terms of those it doesn't work.

GW2 quests IMO were rather lack luster, the heart actually making me dislike questing MORE. Hearts made the tedium of questing WORST, particularly if you got stuck with a heart that had only one 'interesting' objective to complete. Events were okay though nothing to write home about, dungeons in Neverwinter able to play part like those easier and also play out far better due to the way they are done, granted a few open world events wouldn't be bad. Hearts though, no thanks that ended up being one of the worst variations of 'questing' I experienced in a game.

Hearts where the replacement of get 10 and kill 10 quests, they where not dynamic they did not work good, because everyone recognised them as what they where.  They where simple tasks not quests, the only thing that where true quests in GW2 is the personal story, that fell short because there was no real depth and dark intrigue, and choices dint really matter in the end.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

flizzer

Hard Core Member

4/07/13 12:35:46 PM#24
I also love GW2 and how they handle questing, but Im not sure it would work in Neverwinter.  I have yet to try the game, but I am excited about the foundry.   Player created content just sounds so awesome. Sure most will be dreadfull, but I expect we will get some really good quests from devoted players.  I can't wait!
  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

4/07/13 2:02:48 PM#25
Originally posted by flizzer
I also love GW2 and how they handle questing, but Im not sure it would work in Neverwinter.  I have yet to try the game, but I am excited about the foundry.   Player created content just sounds so awesome. Sure most will be dreadfull, but I expect we will get some really good quests from devoted players.  I can't wait!

The orriginal game is much more a dungeoncrawler then an open world MMO, in which dynnamic events wouldnt add that much, its oldfashioned questing in dark deep dungeons and thats where the game is good at.

We´ll have to wayt and see what diversity the foundry can bring us...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search