Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,847,115 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,423
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Well, I only have to play to Level 15

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  LogicLester

Novice Member

4/04/13 9:12:09 PM#21

It's pretty much a console port to PC style UI.  If you've played console ARPGs before but never a PC port of one it'll probably take just a little bit of getting used to.  If you've never played a console ARPG it will take a whole lot of getting used to.  And of course if you hate that style of gameplay, you'll probably hate it in this game as well.  It's the same style as DCUO for the most part, which was designed for consoles.

Why they chose this style for a PC only game?  I have no idea, maybe they intend or intended to release it on consoles at some point.  But I still think the combat is fun, even if the UI is a little awkward.  The only real issue I have with the UI is that targeting can be a pain, especially if you want to use some abilities optimally.

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/05/13 8:20:16 AM#22
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Originally posted by birdycephon
Originally posted by aesperus

I don't get what people mean by this. The UI is fully customizable and uses all the nice shortcuts, which you can also personalize anyway.

It's like the people who complain about the graphics, when I couldn't think any better graphics to create deep, immersive dungeon atmospheres. I know it's matter of taste, but then you see the same people saying that Wildstar graphics are awesome, when they are 8 years old WoW copy-paste, and my jaw just drops to the ground.

Hate to break it to you, but while WildStar's graphics may be cartoony, they aren't more dated than Neverwinter. That just isn't true. Neverwinter has a much better art style for a D&D game, that's absolutely true. However, (at least in my opinion) WildStar's art direction totally works for what that game's trying to do. It reminds me more of team fortress / pixar than it does of WoW, tbh.

That said, I think a lot of people are giving this game a bad rap for no good reason. The word on the street is this game is awful. However, at least in my experience, it's a fun updated version of the old DDO. And, to my knowledge, the game was never supposed to be anything but that. It seems to me that a lot of people jumped into this game expecting WoW 2.0, and when they didn't get it they just marked it as 'terrible game' instead of realizing that it might just not be the game they're looking for.

How can you compare this to WildStar? WildStar hasba unique and engaging story while this game looks to be a hack job of has been done content. 

Woah. 

A WoW clone wannabe that doesn't even hide it, and of which barely anything is known about story-wise now has better lore and story than a 40 years old and ongoing rich and deep setting like Forgotten Realms, which for many is considered the father of all fantasy settings. Good job. You're not ridiculising yourself at all by saying that. *golfclap*

Right, setting is about the only thng its got going for it. So please tell me, what part of the story you've experinced in THIS game did you find interesting? And good job inventing a new word. Insulting me really made me see things your way.
  Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

4/05/13 9:50:14 AM#23

I don't get what people mean by this. The UI is fully customizable and uses all the nice shortcuts, which you can also personalize anyway.

It's like the people who complain about the graphics, when I couldn't think any better graphics to create deep, immersive dungeon atmospheres. I know it's matter of taste, but then you see the same people saying that Wildstar graphics are awesome, when they are 8 years old WoW copy-paste, and my jaw just drops to the ground.

Hate to break it to you, but while WildStar's graphics may be cartoony, they aren't more dated than Neverwinter. That just isn't true. Neverwinter has a much better art style for a D&D game, that's absolutely true. However, (at least in my opinion) WildStar's art direction totally works for what that game's trying to do. It reminds me more of team fortress / pixar than it does of WoW, tbh.

That said, I think a lot of people are giving this game a bad rap for no good reason. The word on the street is this game is awful. However, at least in my experience, it's a fun updated version of the old DDO. And, to my knowledge, the game was never supposed to be anything but that. It seems to me that a lot of people jumped into this game expecting WoW 2.0, and when they didn't get it they just marked it as 'terrible game' instead of realizing that it might just not be the game they're looking for.

How can you compare this to WildStar? WildStar hasba unique and engaging story while this game looks to be a hack job of has been done content. 

Woah. 

A WoW clone wannabe that doesn't even hide it, and of which barely anything is known about story-wise now has better lore and story than a 40 years old and ongoing rich and deep setting like Forgotten Realms, which for many is considered the father of all fantasy settings. Good job. You're not ridiculising yourself at all by saying that. *golfclap*

Right, setting is about the only thng its got going for it. So please tell me, what part of the story you've experinced in THIS game did you find interesting? And good job inventing a new word. Insulting me really made me see things your way.

I just don't understand why people like him have to be like My game/opinion > Anything you say.  Why can't Neverwinter and Wildstar co-exist?  I personally will be playing them both.  Calm down people.  Games are for fun.

Alber_gamer

Hard Core Member

4/05/13 10:26:00 AM#24

The original comparison was about graphic styles, and how some people complain about Neverwinter graphics being dated, while I have spotted them being happy with Wildstar - which has dated AND cartoony graphics. It doesn't matter, you can like one graphic style over another, and that's legitimate. I understand that some people may prefer cartoony WoW-cloned graphics, I liked them too when I was younger.

But then came this other genious saying pulling a different discussion out of nowhere saying that Wildstar has an actually engaging story unlike Neverwinter. This is when things turn hilarious. Firstly, Wildstar isn't even in beta, and nothing is known about its story, other than a few very generic details about the setting. Second, Neverwinter's lore is Forgotten Realm's lore, which I'll say again, is a 40 years old setting with infinite layers of depth in which everything is defined to the minimum detail. There are even real dictionaries to translate elven (espruar) to common.

I don't know if it's gonna make you change your mind, but sometimes it's alright to accept you were wrong saying something ridiculous. Also, ppologies for misspelling one word while typing my third language. I would have written it in Spanish of French free of misspelling, but then you'd understand nothing.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

zekeofev

Apprentice Member

4/05/13 10:34:16 AM#25

The original comparison was about graphic styles, and how some people complain about Neverwinter graphics being dated, while I have spotted them being happy with Wildstar - which has dated AND cartoony graphics. It doesn't matter, you can like one graphic style over another, and that's legitimate. I understand that some people may prefer cartoony WoW-cloned graphics, I liked them too when I was younger.

But then came this other genious saying pulling a different discussion out of nowhere saying that Wildstar has an actually engaging story unlike Neverwinter. This is when things turn hilarious. Firstly, Wildstar isn't even in beta, and nothing is known about its story, other than a few very generic details about the setting. Second, Neverwinter's lore is Forgotten Realm's lore, which I'll say again, is a 40 years old setting with infinite layers of depth in which everything is defined to the minimum detail. There are even real dictionaries to translate elven (espruar) to common.

I don't know if it's gonna make you change your mind, but sometimes it's alright to accept you were wrong saying something ridiculous. Also, ppologies for misspelling one word while typing my third language. I would have written it in Spanish of French free of misspelling, but then you'd understand nothing.

Just because neverwinter has a nice backstory of lore to utilize does not mean that it is used in an engaging way in the game.

While its true that Wildstar is not even in beta yet and the only way you could of played it is through pax east, it is possible to have done so and know something about it.

I feel far more connected to the stories of Wildstar than I do the stories of Neverwinter. I am not going to argue that neverwinter probably has more backstory to draw from, because it probably does. Your opinion may differ and thats ok.

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/05/13 10:35:46 AM#26
You know what, I'm done arguing with guy. All I will say is, you'll see.
  Elderknight

Advanced Member

4/05/13 10:36:47 AM#27

played for mayb 15 mins then didn't play again for the beta weekend.

cathal12

Novice Member

4/07/13 12:27:59 PM#28

To all the people that don't like it ... is cool, for all the people that do like it ... see ya on 4/30!

For both sides, the haters sound like 5 year olds whineing. I'll be 65 in a few months and have

been playing since pen and paper days. I started in dial-up Muds, my first MMO was gemstone3,

A text based system.  I've beta tested and played 15 or 20 different games, if you don't like it, then

don't play it. At the very least this game won't cost you $50 to $60 just to fine out it doesn't hold

your interest and won't cost $15 a month to play. So if you don't like it, then don't play it, if you do

like it be thankful it was developed and published so you can play it. 

Thanks for listening to my rant  ;-)

cathal12

Papa Dragon w/ ketsup bottle and new dentures

sayuu

Hard Core Member

4/09/13 5:44:07 PM#29

Please, tells who you talked to "On the Street" that said this game is awful. . .

Abloec

Advanced Member

4/09/13 10:18:47 PM#30
I gotta say its amazing how trolls can spur on conversations like this, fact is someone who really believes in what they have said will defend what they have said. 3 pages of conversation and responses proves that this was a post to just stir shit up.

Damnant quod non intellegunt

Padieu

Novice Member

4/09/13 11:34:37 PM#31

I would love to try this game. just checking on the gameplay it looks interesting, the dark theme would be a challenge for me :)

Anyway i'll try to play this after leveling up my character in Granado :) 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search