Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,953 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,116
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Neverwinter, Yet another sign of the death of the MMO era.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

3/21/13 3:31:47 PM#21
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by Burntvet

Age of Wushu is the rebirth of the mmo era.

If the Repopulation, EQnext, Malru, and  World of Darkness can follow suit, we're in for some good times.

NW seems to be more of a tool. Not a bad thing, but hey.

No, no it isn't. Just the same Asian grinder in a shiny new package, and all the gameplay revolves around making people use the cash shop / buy gold or suffer. Just like every other Asian "F2P" game ever made.

Think you have AoW confused with Tera. It's the most innovative mmorpg on the market. You should try it.

I have, for weeks of gameplay, and a dozen "Asian grinders" before that. It has some new things, but the formula is fundamentally the same: grind/farm forever for everything and/or buy gold. As such, it is not fundamentally different than half a dozen other games I could name. It has some nice points, but nothing that will appeal to Western audiences. Were I a S.Korean teenager playing it as a part time job, I might like it, but as I am not their target demographic, I don't. Big grind, meh game.

All good mate, Seems like we're playing 2 different games. I for one who couldn't stomach a korean game, is saying this, heck I was raised "buy American. Must be because Wushu is from China.

So many anti-grind features built in, plus you are not forced to do ANYthing you don't want to. It's by far the most wide open mmorpg on the market with people instead of spaceships. It's everything sandbox gamers have been asking for, minus teraformming. We wont see any mmorpg with more this year. 

btw - would love for you to name 6 games anything similar to AoW. Start a thread in the AoW forums.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Rthuth434

Novice Member

3/21/13 3:34:19 PM#22

If the Repopulation, EQnext, Malru, and  World of Darkness can follow suit, we're in for some good times.

you said the same about The Secret World.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

3/21/13 3:36:17 PM#23

All good mate, Seems like we're playing 2 different games. I for one who couldn't stomach a korean game, is saying this, heck I was raised "buy American. Must be because Wushu is from China.

So many anti-grind features built in, plus you are not forced to do ANYthing you don't want to. It's by far the most wide open mmorpg on the market with people instead of spaceships. It's everything sandbox gamers have been asking for, minus teraformming. We wont see any mmorpg with more this year. 

Remember all those things you said when the GW2 hivemind would troll other games' threads?  Remember the fanboy tripe that got annoying?  You should take your own advice and bring Wushu back to it's own forum because you sound exactly like the GW2 fans you raged on.  Really, your game isn't any better than GW2 or most any other game on the market and we're here to talk about Neverwinter, not Wushu.

Curse you AquaScum!

Aerowyn

Novice Member

3/21/13 3:38:34 PM#24
Originally posted by Rthuth434

you said the same about The Secret World.

lol:P

nw is a fun game and has made some good improvements since the last beta.. hopefully they will continue to listen to the feedback as they seem to of been doing a pretty decent job so far which should show in this beta

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

mgilbrtsn

Spotlight Poster

He who fights and runs away... misses out on the loot

3/21/13 3:39:54 PM#25
lol, if the MMO era died everytime someone says it is because of a game they don't like, the MMO era would never have happened.  There is always someone there to complain.

They are coming for you!

Hiron

Novice Member

3/21/13 3:51:49 PM#26
Tbh the combat is the only thing I had fun with. But sadly rest of it doesnt meet my expectations. Lack of customization, and zerging in dungeons were 2 main complains from me. Ill try to level my rogue to 35 this beta. and see if it has improved. But im not expecting much.
  akiira69

Novice Member

Need longer quote limits.

3/21/13 8:33:30 PM#27
Ive read and re-read what the OP has written and come to the conclussion that this is not a game review but an OpEd disguised as a game review. In my opinion darkblight you need to take some courses in writing so you can understand that a game review is based on facts that you have derived from the game and not opinions disguised as facts.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

2 Pages « 1 2 Search