Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,238 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,092
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Why Cryptic/PW?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Firedorn

Novice Member

Wisdom spewed from the mouth of madness.

3/14/13 10:52:49 PM#21
Originally posted by museandali

Yeah, I hate to bust your balls here, but this isn't a failing of Cryptic/PW.   4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons, which this is based on, heavily limits the amount of current powers you have.   Case in point, I have a level 5 (of 30) character in a tabletop campaign I'm in, and he currently has 2 daily powers, 2 encounter powers, 1 utility power, and one daily, while that number does continue to go up -slowly-, at certian level points, instead of taking new powers, you can upsell a lower level power for a higher level one.

TL:DR This is a "Working As Intended" issue for 4th edition D&D

THIS!

The UI argument fails as it is an implementation of 4th EdD&D.  Go cry to WotC about the skill limitations.  The implementation of them rules is how it should be.  Cryptic even claims on their site "Neverwinter is a true Dungeons & Dragons experience"...so if you (or anyone else for that matter) weren't informed, shame on you.

intylerwetrust Xfire Miniprofile
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/14/13 10:54:03 PM#22
Originally posted by birdycephon
I think this game had potential, but Cryptic chose the way of the shallow themepark, and so this game is dead to me now. C'mon guys, give me some options, I want a story tree, not a story line.

How is being able to have countless opportunities to run though any number of dungeons a shallow endeavor?

This game will have more content then most themeparks that have been on the market for years.  Yea the Foundry is that good!

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

3/14/13 10:57:02 PM#23
Really? Its action combat, tons of hotbars and skills would just ruin it. I don't want to play Whack a Mole on my hotbar, theres plenty of other games for that.

Popple

Novice Member

3/14/13 11:05:08 PM#24
Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
Originally posted by DamonVile
I'm sure for just $10 more you can buy a real UI set up from the cash shop.

We can only hope, but I doubt it...

(if that was sarcastic, it was FAIL!, I use the cash shop a lot, better than paying a sub for the same old crap)

WTF!!!  This is got to be the best post  for 2013 ...ROFL; Thanks mate, I really lost hope for mankind...

I retired retroactively..Haha

cenen7

Apprentice Member

3/15/13 6:10:23 PM#25

perfect world.. hmm... unless something has changed there i will stay away.

forsaken world killed my soul

Athena_Starfire

Advanced Member

UH! Whats this lever do?

OP  3/15/13 7:00:29 PM#26
Originally posted by Popple
Originally posted by Athena_Starfire
Originally posted by DamonVile
I'm sure for just $10 more you can buy a real UI set up from the cash shop.

We can only hope, but I doubt it...

(if that was sarcastic, it was FAIL!, I use the cash shop a lot, better than paying a sub for the same old crap)

WTF!!!  This is got to be the best post  for 2013 ...ROFL; Thanks mate, I really lost hope for mankind...

No worries, I lost hope for mankind years ago....

timeraider

Advanced Member

3/16/13 6:24:30 AM#27
As we all know with Cryptic .. you have free players.. and then you have players paying for stuff which gets replaced by better stuff every week so they make you pay even more.

DO YOU WANT 4K CREDITS FOR WARHAMMER ETERNAL CRUSADE?
Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade Referal link: EC-TPLE9H9OPVXV4

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-TPLE9H9OPVXV4

BrownAle

Apprentice Member

3/17/13 11:36:08 AM#28

Disclaimer: havent played this game yet

I find the issue of "action based combat with little skill managment" vs "4 hot bars loaded with skills strategy based combat" both work but in different types of games.

When you have a game that has slower combat, longer fights...i find that having a wide array of skills to choose from and managing those as ideal.  Global Cool down ruins this all by the way, as then a lot of skills are not worth the GCD to even use.

When you have a more action based combat...faster kills ect...i like the action style a bit more.  I like the D3 combat, and really D3 does combat in such a fantastic way for ARPG games its really the reason i can still play it.  Now a lot of ARPG games use this style of combat and it works for them.  With the ARPG left/right click few skill hot bar style...i think this is ideal for games with quicker combat where you need to watch the game more than the hotbars..

Question for the players is...does this game offer quick combat encounters and lots of them...where a quicker action combat would make sense...or are the encounter long and drawn out, meaning battles where applying debuffs and weaknesses to mobs make sense..which would make a 4 hotbar system make sense?

Astropuyo

Novice Member

I lose more stars than a hollywood speedball convention.

3/17/13 11:46:05 AM#29

What is awesome is I can ignore 100% of these posts and simply say.

It's 4th edition man.

That's how 4th ed plays on the table, very simplistic but it is fun as it prevents the feeling of god characters at level 8+.

Cryptic is emulating the feel the best they can and they have to work within the confines of 4th ed's feeling or we know what happens.

This is partially so wizards can sell you 4th ed as being better than 3rd or even 2nd.

Much like they did with NwN. (I don't count pool of radiance here :P), then with ddo, and now with 4th we NW-4th ed.

astropuyo Xfire Miniprofile
2 Pages « 1 2 Search