Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,755 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,238
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » what about crafting?

7 posts found
  Mesfenlir

Apprentice Member

La ignorancia es atrevida - Ignorance is bold.

OP  2/03/13 10:59:30 AM#1

I couldn´t find any info on the matter.

If anyone can enlight me it would be nice.

jtcgs

Advanced Member

2/03/13 1:48:54 PM#2
There is none that I know of, crafting information rarely comes out before an open beta.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

vmoped

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 5:39:16 AM#3
Originally posted by Mesfenlir

I couldn´t find any info on the matter.

If anyone can enlight me it would be nice.

In one of the longer convention videos the COO of Cryptic (when talking about the foundry) opens up a screen that has aution house stuff, foundry, instance/raid timers, and crafting timers (which he mentions).  So there is crafting to some degree (at least as of the video sometime mid-late last year).  He states something along the lines that you may check to see if your crafting process is done.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Draemos

Advanced Member

2/05/13 6:39:14 PM#4
It'll probably be half assed like it is in 99.9% of games.  At this point it might as well be phased out of everything but sandbox MMOs  
  kinudig

Apprentice Member

2/09/13 10:24:30 PM#5
Originally posted by Draemos
It'll probably be half assed like it is in 99.9% of games.  At this point it might as well be phased out of everything but sandbox MMOs  

Hrrm... can't help but feel cynical and fatalistic about MMO crafting as well.

Gaming trends move too quickly for the pace currently obtainable for innovative AAA products to go from concept to launch. In natural marketing terms, development adjusts to demand; but right now the gaming world is in the middle of an ongoing experiment to effectively shape demand through concentric design and development in imitation of its behemoth cousin: The Movie Industry. Not surprising, actually, when even a brief look through the history of modern industry titans (Telecom, Banking, TV/Cable, Music, Art, Fashion, etc.) shows pro-active shaping of general demand (or outright manipulation, if you prefer).

But the video game market seems resistant to this type of top-to-bottom influence - as does the Internet itself.

So far.

Technology and Innovation have differing wave lengths; I look forward to the next Synchronization in MMOs.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

2/09/13 10:29:56 PM#6
aside from being a time sink crafting in most themeparks i have found not very fun or interesting so not expecting much at all from crafting in this one 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

User Deleted
2/10/13 3:13:18 AM#7
Live stream on this site, Dev said the crafting system is involved and they're excited to show it off.