Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | World of Tanks

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,121 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,644
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Sooo PVP was dropped?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
63 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

2/03/13 4:19:33 PM#61
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by BitterClinger

Whoa! Wait a minute! The D&D IP had been treated so poorly by developers the last few years, that I completely discounted this game, but I may have to put it on the "Must Try" list.

Are you telling me that Neverwinter is going to focus on PVE, using D&D mechanics, without bastardizing the hell out of the rules for the sake of "PVP balance"? If so, I need to break out the credit card and get me some Drow goodness baby!

I may have to take back the bad things I've posted about Cryptic if they actually release a PvE game with powerful PvE mechanics that are not watered down for PvP reasons.

Back on the watch list for me as well.

"Powerfull PvE mechanics" What does this mean? You want to see big numbers?

Noswal

Novice Member

2/03/13 4:21:23 PM#62
Neverwinter + PVP = FAIL.......  Not all MMOs have to have a pvp component to be successful.  Sometimes it actually hinders the creativity on the PVE side, because the devs end up worrying about class balance in PVP.  I am glad to hear that they are at least focusing on PVE for now.  We have a number of good PVP focused MMOs on the market already anyways. 
  Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

2/03/13 4:23:34 PM#63
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by BitterClinger

Whoa! Wait a minute! The D&D IP had been treated so poorly by developers the last few years, that I completely discounted this game, but I may have to put it on the "Must Try" list.

Are you telling me that Neverwinter is going to focus on PVE, using D&D mechanics, without bastardizing the hell out of the rules for the sake of "PVP balance"? If so, I need to break out the credit card and get me some Drow goodness baby!

I may have to take back the bad things I've posted about Cryptic if they actually release a PvE game with powerful PvE mechanics that are not watered down for PvP reasons.

Back on the watch list for me as well.

"Powerfull PvE mechanics" What does this mean? You want to see big numbers?

Not 2 second fears and 1 second mezes.  Allow me to push the envelope in PvE solo.  Utimitely I'm looking for a solo or duo PvE challenge...something that has gone by the wayside in recent releases.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search