Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,179 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,188,098
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Perfect World Games Are Trash

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
56 posts found
  Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

2/01/13 11:47:27 PM#41
Originally posted by MMOGamer71
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by Asm0deus
Originally posted by Ambros123
Technically this is a Cryptic game not a PWE game, PWE is a publisher but the design and everything is Cryptic design without influence from PWE with the exception of the cash shop most likely.

Cryptic isn't any better...

I'm not sure it's possible to be any worse than cryptic.  I''ve yet to enjoy a single moment in any cryptic game I've played.  

You do not think Champions Online is pure win?

Haha.  How couldn't I?  Some studios have turned it around (funcom with tsw).  I would be shocked if a decent game came out of cryptic.  

stiz4shiz

Novice Member

2/02/13 12:23:57 AM#42
I actually think this title will do quite well. Will it be game of the year? Not very likely but, there are a lot of hard core D&D fans out there. With the foundry in place I see a lot of great content coming from these fans. I think the true RPers out there are gonna love this game. Will I buy a founders pack? Nope. Will I be playing on release? Hell yea!
  User Deleted
2/02/13 12:40:33 AM#43

I'm a hardcore D+D DM/player, and have been waiting for an mmo based on the Forgotten Realms lore since '98.

That said, I also have played PWI for a long while, and from my own experience I enjoyed PWI very much.

BUT...this release of $200 beta is a huge disappointment for me, and does make me remember the rumors about PWE games being p2w cash cows, though again I admit never experiencing it myself, but reading the rumors on forums here.

This beta 'founder' fiasco only brings evidence towards those rumors, which is sad, for now many (possibly myself) will not even look at this game on release. I'm hoping they do some serious PR repair prior to that. The IP of D+D doesn't deserve this rap.

MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

2/02/13 1:04:40 AM#44
Originally posted by Yizle

I agree with OP some. PW and FW were grindy horrid cash shop money grabs but the Torchlight franchise has been absolutely great.

As for Neverwinter I have my hopes up but not at those Founder Pack prices. If that is any inclination to the game the cash shop will probably ruin it.

And this is any different from the Founder Packs of other games...how?  No, seriously, how is it any different?  All Founder Packs offer incentives like early beta access and come in multiple prices, but...what's the difference?  Sure, Firefall's biggest Founder Pack is only $100 and Neverwinter's is $200, but what do you get with each?  

Firefall's $100 Founder Pack gives you $120 cash shop money, special decals for yoru armor, a special Tiki Mask (+9 for your friends), a permanent xp boost, a real life beanie, character name reservation, army (guild) name reservation, and a mount.  

Neverwinter's $200 Founder Pack gives you a unique race, a mount, a pet, a costume, permission to jump in front of server queues, an aura, a title, extra bag space, permission to start using the foundry before unlocking it ingame, a treasure box with random loot, access to a special tavern area, a pack with "6 helpful items", a respec token, a special weapon with a unique reusable enchantment, something that drops useless junk on the ground when used (unknown if it gives you sellable vendor trash or is just for effect, but likely the latter for economy purposes), 750,000 astral diamonds (cash shop money, but the exchange rate has yet to be determiend), and 3 extra character slots.

Also, if you look carefully, the $100 Firefall Founder Pack is supposed to be a "$285 value", but it looks like you get LESS for it than you get for the Neverwinter $200 Founder Pack, but nobody seems to be posting angry rants on the web how "Firefall is goign to be a cashshop grindfest and the Founder Packs prove it".  This is just like how everyone seems to complain about lockboxes in Star Trek Online and Champions Online but not in Guild Wars 2, despite the former having potentially much larger incentives to buy keys; they are letting preconceived notions of the publishers/developers ruin their opinion of a game and take any sign of the company trying to make money to keep their games open and running and developing new content as a sign of corruption, despite the actions that they take to make money being identical to the actions of other companies that the same people DON'T cry out against.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

pinktailz

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 1:25:51 AM#45
I must agree with TS here, PW games is absolute annoying pay to win garbage -_-
  stiz4shiz

Novice Member

2/02/13 1:26:57 AM#46
Originally posted by Rider071

I'm a hardcore D+D DM/player, and have been waiting for an mmo based on the Forgotten Realms lore since '98.

That said, I also have played PWI for a long while, and from my own experience I enjoyed PWI very much.

BUT...this release of $200 beta is a huge disappointment for me, and does make me remember the rumors about PWE games being p2w cash cows, though again I admit never experiencing it myself, but reading the rumors on forums here.

This beta 'founder' fiasco only brings evidence towards those rumors, which is sad, for now many (possibly myself) will not even look at this game on release. I'm hoping they do some serious PR repair prior to that. The IP of D+D doesn't deserve this rap.

I agree that $200 is a too much cash to drop on a beta key. But I try to keep in mind that it's not just a beta key you're getting, there a bunch of other goodies that come along with it. It's also totally optional, they aren't forcing anyone to buy it. If you're really looking forward to this game and you have the cash to spend I guess it's not a big deal. I'm keeping my expectaions for this game realistic, I doubt it will be ground breaking or set a higher standard for MMO's. I'm just hopeing for some solid gameplay with a just and fair cash shop. The player created stuff is what really draws me to this title. The D&D nerd in me just keeps thinking "Oh, the adventures we shall have!"

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

2/02/13 1:53:15 AM#47
Originally posted by stiz4shiz

I agree that $200 is a too much cash to drop on a beta key. But I try to keep in mind that it's not just a beta key you're getting, there a bunch of other goodies that come along with it.

You mean reproduced on demand digital goodies that require no product physical product packaging and shipment thus a lower cost? 

stiz4shiz

Novice Member

2/02/13 2:00:29 AM#48

I agree that $200 is a too much cash to drop on a beta key. But I try to keep in mind that it's not just a beta key you're getting, there a bunch of other goodies that come along with it.

You mean reproduced on demand digital goodies that require no product physical product packaging and shipment thus a lower cost? 

Yea, digital goodies. I'm thinking physical goodies wont help all that much in game cause it's...well...a video game.

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

2/02/13 2:03:21 AM#49

Yea, digital goodies. I'm thinking physical goodies wont help all that much in game cause it's...well...a video game.

You didn't address "going digital" means a lower product cost whether it's a video game or coupons for cat litter.

stiz4shiz

Novice Member

2/02/13 2:13:43 AM#50

You didn't address "going digital" means a lower product cost whether it's a video game or coupons for cat litter.

Again, it's optional. You can play this for free. If you're a huge D&D fan and got the cash to spend you can. If not, play for free or not at all. As far as it being digital and costing less than another game that has hard copies on the store shelves. Sure I can see that but, I'm sure it still cost a ton to produce. They're trying to gain some of that back by selling founders packs...not really seeing the big issue with that.

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

2/02/13 9:12:13 AM#51

Again, it's optional. You can play this for free. If you're a huge D&D fan and got the cash to spend you can. If not, play for free or not at all. As far as it being digital and costing less than another game that has hard copies on the store shelves. Sure I can see that but, I'm sure it still cost a ton to produce. They're trying to gain some of that back by selling founders packs...not really seeing the big issue with that.

Which is why we continue to see outrageous $200 "Founders" packs.

A.Blackloch

Novice Member

"Choke on the smoke from my quill."

2/02/13 9:21:20 AM#52
I'm very disappointed they have the rights to tarnish the name of Neverwinter. Outrageous prices, purchaseable beta as a trial, gameplay that has nothing to do with the original nwn. Once they f*ck this game up, no one will ever make another real Neverwinter Nights since the rep is gone.

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

2/02/13 9:30:04 AM#53
Originally posted by darkblight

do not expect much different from this.

Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)

and juge it from there.

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.

good thing you told us, mr 60 posts :)

you must be around for aaaaaages with such a post count. and even better, you didnt even concider ubying the 20$ version, you just rant about the other 2. kk :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Sunscour

Novice Member

Go Outside!!

2/02/13 9:33:18 AM#54
Well, I am going to give it a go.......Maybe.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 9:33:53 AM#55
Originally posted by Mortemia
I'm very disappointed they have the rights to tarnish the name of Neverwinter. Outrageous prices, purchaseable beta as a trial, gameplay that has nothing to do with the original nwn. Once they f*ck this game up, no one will ever make another real Neverwinter Nights since the rep is gone.

Should I give a lecture on apples, oranges, gauva, kiwis and bananas again?

Neverwineter Nights - is nothing but one of the series of D&D games. It "borrowed" Neverwinter name from Neverwinter Online because WotC allowed them to.

However, it did not completely borrow it - see the word "Nights" behind it?

D&D:NW is a seperate series like BG, PS:torment, IWD, etc. and they do not garnish or tarnish anything. Besides it is a true canon game based on pnp 4e NW-Campaign Guide - unlike NWN which is just based on D&D and not much else (i.e. was not built as canon)

winter

Hard Core Member

2/02/13 9:39:30 AM#56
Originally posted by Mortemia

$20 is a outrageous price, really? Guess your one of those people who want things absolutely free but then complain about low quality, Oh but wait the game can be totally F2P if you don't demand the beta access or weak extras and look your already complaining about the games quality and its not even out.

Seriously one has to wonder about some people that expect everything for nothing

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search