Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,509 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,819
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Perfect World Games Are Trash

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
56 posts found
  Allacore69

Advanced Member

2/01/13 2:29:49 AM#21

Originally posted by darkblight
do not expect much different from this.

Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)

and juge it from there.

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.

guess its a good thing this is a cryptic game lol

Betaguy

Elite Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

2/01/13 7:42:47 AM#22

Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)

and juge it from there.

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.

I am skipping this one too. I found the videos to look crappy.

koljane

Novice Member

2/01/13 8:00:03 AM#23

Paying to try a game in BETA phase that is made to be F2P. Just how lame is that. 

Do not be fooled and hyped with this videos cause in 4 days you ll have a BETA key givaway here on MMORPG and many other sites. If you are unlucky to get it then wait for ppl who were more lucky then you and see the coments but dont BUY BETA of a F2P game !!!!

Look like this, you pay $50 for BETA then on 8th february you start zerging cause you cant log on server, lot of lag, cant kill a mob...... and at the end of weekend you dont like it that much, then in 2 months game go live and it is free to play......... seriously!!!

$50 is not lot of money for most of players but it is better spend on booz and girls/boys or even some other game.

Also keep in mind TERA is going F2P on 5th february that is before BETA weekend of NW and TERA is a quality game that can keep you for a while if not hook you to the bone and it is FREE like NW will be in 2 months.

P.S. I already got NW BETA key for free, so do not be hasty with your wallet :D

Arcona

Advanced Member

2/01/13 8:04:45 AM#24
Just wait for open beta, they have said there will be open beta.
  Keller

Advanced Member

2/01/13 8:08:00 AM#25

best part is, it is free to play. You only have to download the game and start playing. If you want to spend money, it's for cosmetics and fluff.

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

2/01/13 8:09:50 AM#26
Originally posted by Talonsin

I would not call them trash but I would classify them as online gambling since the lootdrops are lockboxes that you have to buy a key for to see what is inside.  Ever see the auction house in STO?  It is filled with lootboxes selling at crazy low prices because people dont want to pay a dollar to open them and find out they got a tribble!

It also has a bunch of lockbox keys for sale too.   Ones that you can buy with in game money

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

2/01/13 8:11:12 AM#27
Originally posted by Arcona
Just wait for open beta, they have said there will be open beta.

Isn't Open Beta essentially release for a free game :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Briansho

Apprentice Member

Functionless Art is Simply Tolerated Vandalism...We Are The Vandals.

2/01/13 10:27:01 AM#28
I agree with darkblight, people know what to expect but there are always those that hope for something different. Some people hope is so strong they will drop $200 hoping it will be different from everything out there. Use your common sense. A lot of current MMOs are slipping into the F2P. F2P is the future.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

2/01/13 7:57:16 PM#29
Originally posted by Betaguy

I am skipping this one too. I found the videos to look crappy.

Pffftttt.... hope you do not come running back when you find videos to have awesome graphics.

The old videos were recorded using inbuild recording tool(on server end) which was buggy - hence their low resolution.

The gameplay videos, and if you played it at PAX - were astonishing. Even single players games can hardly compete with graphics of NW at full settings.

strangepowers

Advanced Member

SCAD Animation-Film-F/X

2/01/13 8:00:06 PM#30

Originally posted by azzamasin

Originally posted by darkblight do not expect much different from this.   Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new. From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.   People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.   my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta) and juge it from there.   i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.
People with corny names like Darkblight are thrash!  See wut I did there.  Love how all of a sudden your opinions become facts.  NOT!   Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Like it or not, some of us actually look forward to this game.  After finding out you could purchase multiple founders pack I have now purchased 1 of each LOL, U MAD.
retards and their money are easily spereated. 

Then you must be perceptually broke LOL! Seriously, memes and trolling is all you got?

The scary part is one day the world will be run by adults who were never spanked as kids and got trophies just for participating.

Castillle

Forum Bunny

2/01/13 8:04:54 PM#31

I would not call them trash but I would classify them as online gambling since the lootdrops are lockboxes that you have to buy a key for to see what is inside.  Ever see the auction house in STO?  It is filled with lootboxes selling at crazy low prices because people dont want to pay a dollar to open them and find out they got a tribble!

Its selling for low prices because they drop like friggin candy. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

2/01/13 8:09:24 PM#32
Originally posted by Castillle

Its selling for low prices because they drop like friggin candy. 

Yep, forcing you to go buy a key every 20 minutes to gamble on whats inside.  Its like offering free lottery tickets that can only be scratched off with a special one-use token that costs 75 cents.  Suckers will keep buying tokens hoping one of the tickets is a big winner.

SpectralHunter

Novice Member

2/01/13 11:14:07 PM#33
Not gonna lie.  When PWE bought Cryptic, I was very worried and I still am.  I plan to give the game a try but I won't be touching the Founder's Pack because we're dealing with PWE (and Cryptic to a small extent).
  SpectralHunter

Novice Member

2/01/13 11:16:29 PM#34
Originally posted by Ambros123
Technically this is a Cryptic game not a PWE game, PWE is a publisher but the design and everything is Cryptic design without influence from PWE with the exception of the cash shop most likely.

I don't understand this logic.  PWE owns Cryptic.  It's like EA owning Bioware.  Are you suggesting the parent company won't influence the studio?  When does that ever happen?

MMOGamer71

Hard Core Member

2/01/13 11:20:03 PM#35
Technically this is a Cryptic game not a PWE game, PWE is a publisher but the design and everything is Cryptic design without influence from PWE with the exception of the cash shop most likely.

^

This and I'm sure they do quite well in the Asian market which is what their games are designed for.

Rayshe

Novice Member

2/01/13 11:20:43 PM#36
Honestly i'm willing to give every game a shot, hell, after Funcom's botch of AoC and then releaseing a beautiful gem in TSW anything can happen. So i don't think ill be buying it without watching it closely. Will i base my purchase on MMORPG.com Testimonials, Hell no, Some of the worst reviews ive seen have come from here and usually they didn't even play the game. However ill watch, ill learn, and ill see before i buy.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Slampig

Hard Core Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

2/01/13 11:22:45 PM#37

and juge it from there.

Hmm...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

2/01/13 11:33:35 PM#38
Originally posted by Asm0deus

Cryptic isn't any better...

I'm not sure it's possible to be any worse than cryptic.  I''ve yet to enjoy a single moment in any cryptic game I've played.  

MMOGamer71

Hard Core Member

2/01/13 11:37:31 PM#39
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by Asm0deus

Cryptic isn't any better...

I'm not sure it's possible to be any worse than cryptic.  I''ve yet to enjoy a single moment in any cryptic game I've played.  

You do not think Champions Online is pure win?

Mondo80

Advanced Member

2/01/13 11:46:23 PM#40
The guys at PW are crafty, they knew that asian MMos rarly do well over here.  That's why they've been buying western developers, they bought Cryptic for 45 million because they believed it was worth that much.  The torchlight series is their Diablo.  They know that being handsoff works in their favor here.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search