Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,104 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,086
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Action RPG combat

4 posts found
  Arcona

Apprentice Member

OP  1/31/13 2:32:59 PM#1

The PC Gamer preview say the combat is like a action RPG with 3rd person perspective. Point and click, and evade attacks, skills on left and right mouse buttons.

The classic healer, tank, dps trinity.

Class specialization at level 30. (wow that's late)

Great Weapon Fighter ex can choose either tank oriented Iron Vanguard or dps Swordmaster.

You can have multiple armor sets, you can change depending on situation.

The city of Neverwinter seems real and very insteresting as a player hub.

Very strong user generated content with the Foundry. 

Pax 2012 Foundry preview

They saw a dragon boss fight that took 20 minutes with 5 players.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/31/13 11:08:07 PM#2
Originally posted by Arcona

The PC Gamer preview say the combat is like a action RPG with 3rd person perspective. Point and click, and evade attacks, skills on left and right mouse buttons.

Great Weapon Fighter ex can choose either tank oriented Iron Vanguard or dps Swordmaster.

Pax 2012 Foundry preview

Yup sounds awesome doesn't it.  So much to me I have purchased all 3 founders packs.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Allacore69

Elite Member

2/01/13 2:31:57 AM#3

Originally posted by azzamasin

Originally posted by Arcona The PC Gamer preview say the combat is like a action RPG with 3rd person perspective. Point and click, and evade attacks, skills on left and right mouse buttons. The classic healer, tank, dps trinity. Class specialization at level 30. (wow that's late) Great Weapon Fighter ex can choose either tank oriented Iron Vanguard or dps Swordmaster. You can have multiple armor sets, you can change depending on situation. The city of Neverwinter seems real and very insteresting as a player hub. Very strong user generated content with the Foundry.  Pax 2012 Foundry preview They saw a dragon boss fight that took 20 minutes with 5 players.  
Yup sounds awesome doesn't it.  So much to me I have purchased all 3 founders packs.

You lucky dog! lol

Isawa

Novice Member

2/01/13 2:41:43 AM#4
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Arcona

Pax 2012 Foundry preview

Sorry, I just started looking into this. Do you mean you purchased all 3 packs, one being a founders (and the other two lesser packs) or are there 3 separate founder pack options for unique items/unlocks?