Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft | Albion Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,100 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,350
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » You guys are sleeping. Alpha on Wednesday - french facebook

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  User Deleted
1/15/13 7:15:02 AM#21
Originally posted by gillrmn
Originally posted by XAleX360
Originally posted by Vrika
If they are only starting alpha now, then the game is far less finished than we tought it would be.

Exactly. The beta should have begun, according to their original plans, in December - and they are still in Alpha. 

This means that we won't likely see the game released before April/May, or even later.

Even if Alpha began in say, hypothetically, in October or september last year, you won't know because there is NDA.

So you see, you are assuming a lot there.

Exactly, also alphas are generally done by in house paid testers, not the public.

Chances are this is just a French localisation alpha.

Games magazines (PC Gamer) have already started Neverwinter beta promotions, so I doubt beta for the English client is more than a month away.

adam_nox

Hard Core Member

1/15/13 7:17:49 AM#22
If this is a new stage and not localisation, then it chaps my hide a bit, being someone who preordered TL2 for the Neverwinter beta.  I feel like they are stalling to let us in.
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/15/13 7:19:05 AM#23
Originally posted by evilastro

Exactly, also alphas are generally done by in house paid testers, not the public.

Games magazines (PC Gamer) have already started Neverwinter beta promotions, so I doubt beta for the English client is more than a month away.

Actually, they agreed its an alpha. Head to official en forums to register for a chance at 2 alpha keys. 1100+ people have already post for it - the forgotten forums have a stampede!

But it does seem alpha is in final stages and beta is less than month away.

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/15/13 7:20:09 AM#24
Originally posted by adam_nox
If this is a new stage and not localisation, then it chaps my hide a bit, being someone who preordered TL2 for the Neverwinter beta.  I feel like they are stalling to let us in.

They never ever promised you day 1 access remember?

They specifically said you may only get a chance to be in close beta in final phase.

User Deleted
1/15/13 7:30:05 AM#25
Originally posted by gillrmn

Actually, they agreed its an alpha. Head to official en forums to register for a chance at 2 alpha keys. 1100+ people have already post for it - the forgotten forums have a stampede!

But it does seem alpha is in final stages and beta is less than month away.

Yeah thats what I was getting at sorry, people seem to think that it has only just entered Alpha, which I doubt looking at the state of the game from expos. I think beta will be just around the corner. Don't think we will get more than 5 classes to start with, being F2P I think they will be selling the other classes and releasing them regularly.

wartyxwt

Novice Member

1/15/13 7:31:50 AM#26
Seeing as how the public use "beta" as "free demo" is it any wonder companies start using "alpha" in place of beta. I don't know, maybe they just want some testing to happen?
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/15/13 7:33:04 AM#27

Yeah thats what I was getting at sorry, people seem to think that it has only just entered Alpha, which I doubt looking at the state of the game from expos. I think beta will be just around the corner. Don't think we will get more than 5 classes to start with, being F2P I think they will be selling the other classes and releasing them regularly.

Oh! Classes are free. Content and classes will never be charged. Though they won't show all the classes in alpha/beta so they can surprise people in open beta I think.

Races are assumed to be free but they have not explicitly said so. Hence they can kinda go back on their words.

But classes and content will never be charged has been repeated again and again from all the developers top and down.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search