Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,788,769 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,541
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » PC Gamer Beta Key and Mount Giveaway

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/11/13 6:49:57 PM#21
Originally posted by Swanea

So, you get access to a beta weekend or two.  Not the actually close beta.

Oh boy.

Ah nice, which official post indicated it was not closed beta but just a couple weekends of beta?

Or is that just you making crap up?  Honest question.

El Psy Congroo

Ambros123

Novice Member

1/11/13 9:48:49 PM#22
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by Swanea

So, you get access to a beta weekend or two.  Not the actually close beta.

Oh boy.

Ah nice, which official post indicated it was not closed beta but just a couple weekends of beta?

Or is that just you making crap up?  Honest question.

Made up, pure speculation.

Hopefuls think thay they will get closed beta access and that only the alpha is undergoing atm.  Others say that closed beta is undergoing atm and that all these beta access key purchases are only for the open betas.

Personnally think that only an idiot would thing that the game is only in it's alpha testing and that open betas is what everyone will be getting access for.

Regardless I'd wager that it will be just like Rift, SWTOR, or GW2 where people who got beta access only had a few months before the game launches which GW2 only had a couple of beta weekends for that with some isolated one day stress tests.

MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

1/11/13 9:59:47 PM#23
Originally posted by Chadiwicker
Originally posted by MadDemon64
I never used my free trial (never even heard of google play before this), and I am logged in.

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different browser or contact Google Play support.  It worked for me and it appears to have worked for others according to their comments in this thread.

After contacting google play support, they said I have to subscribe for a monthly or yearly subscription first, then I get my 14 day trial, and then I can cancel before the 14 days and I won't be charged.  Is this what everyone else did?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/11/13 10:13:18 PM#24
just did the trial thing and got my key.. key worked fine on neverwinters main site but client isn't avialable to download yet.. but this trial thing works fine to get the key

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

1/11/13 10:17:59 PM#25
Thanks for the heads up OP.
  Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/12/13 12:34:38 AM#26
Originally posted by MadDemon64
After contacting google play support, they said I have to subscribe for a monthly or yearly subscription first, then I get my 14 day trial, and then I can cancel before the 14 days and I won't be charged.  Is this what everyone else did?

Yes, that is what I did.  :)

Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/12/13 12:37:18 AM#27
Originally posted by MMOGamer71
Thanks for the heads up OP.

You're welcome.  :)

plaxidia

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 1:07:28 AM#28

None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

neveser

Novice Member

1/12/13 2:01:52 AM#29

Silly question...

I got a trial off google play and I don't see the key... What page is it on?

EDIT: nevermind, found it.

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/12/13 2:14:01 AM#30
Originally posted by plaxidia

None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

Can't do the zinio option?

El Psy Congroo

Asheram

Advanced Member

What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)

1/12/13 2:15:46 AM#31
Originally posted by neveser

Silly question...

I got a trial off google play and I don't see the key... What page is it on?

Go to where is my code page and you will see the address to go for right above the code redeem instructions on ride side of the black horse pic.

The address to go to is as follows:

Http://promo.pcgamer.com/Neverwinter

Then you will have to input some info about what is in the magazine and input email and personal info and they will mail you the key.

Sys7em

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 3:00:00 AM#32
Just did the Google Play PC Gamer 14 day trial & got my code 
  plaxidia

Apprentice Member

1/13/13 12:25:07 AM#33

Originally posted by plaxidia None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

It did.. Sort of. I still had to buy one issue to get a code but at least it wasn't the whole subscription ;) Thanks

Acidon

Apprentice Member

Permafried

1/28/13 3:14:29 PM#34
Originally posted by plaxidia

Originally posted by plaxidia None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

It did.. Sort of. I still had to buy one issue to get a code but at least it wasn't the whole subscription ;) Thanks

If you guys go to the link I just posted it shows you how to get PC Gamer Free 14-Day Trial so that you don't have to Pay for it if you don't want to.

Playing: The Crew, Defiance, RiFT
Mourning: World of Darkness

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

bartoni33

Hard Core Member

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations

1/29/13 6:00:04 PM#35

I confirm this works with Amazon version. BUT, you cannot actually read the magazine on your Kindle for PC! You are forced to read it on your Kindle. It will not let you transfer it to your PC. You can download it to your PC, but not read it. Pretty stupid but whatever. Just a warning.

EDIT: According to a post in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375657/page/4 you get access to the second Beta event:

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

• PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
    • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
  • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
  • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
  • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
    • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
  • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!
This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
Zebular, PWE Community Moderator

wodny

Advanced Member

1/30/13 4:41:08 AM#36
Could someone help me with getting my key? I live in Europe so this whole GooglePlay trial thing doesn't work for me.
  impact-nz

Novice Member

1/30/13 6:35:19 PM#37

Yay it works! This was posted in another thread and has clear instructions on how to get the key using the 14 day trial... http://mmo.rokzon.com/Neverwinter_Free_Beta_Key.html.

If you live outside of US/Canada (or wherever else google play magazines are available), you could use a proxy or VPN etc. Worked fine for me from New Zealand, just make sure you use a valid US address for the credit/debit card you use (I also changed my google account to the same US address I used for the debit card just in case, but not sure if it's needed).

Good US VPN if you don't have one is... http://us.hotfreevpn.com/free-vpn-account/.

wodny

Advanced Member

1/31/13 4:51:52 AM#38
I tried many proxy sites and none of them works. This VPN also doesn't work because my 1723 port is blocked.
  Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

1/31/13 5:01:24 AM#39
Originally posted by Chadiwicker

For those of you looking for beta keys for Neverwinter, you can get a beta key and a free mount (one of two horses) by picking up a copy of PC Gamer's February 2013 issue or buying an electronic copy.  Here is a link to more information:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/pc-gamer-neverwinter-issue-item-february-236-edition/

Beta has not started yet, but you will have access when it does.

seriously, dont trust them.

i had a friend buy me the copy with the PS2 key, and yea, i totaly got in, with everyone else.

basically this is a promo, for both, the "pc gamer" and the game.

as soon beta starts they usualy drop enough keys for evereyone. it's not like you'll get in wwwwwaaaaaaay ahead or sth

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

impact-nz

Novice Member

2/01/13 10:06:59 PM#40
Originally posted by Thane

seriously, dont trust them.

i had a friend buy me the copy with the PS2 key, and yea, i totaly got in, with everyone else.

basically this is a promo, for both, the "pc gamer" and the game.

as soon beta starts they usualy drop enough keys for evereyone. it's not like you'll get in wwwwwaaaaaaay ahead or sth

You're probably right, but I would rather make sure I have early access =].

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search