Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,272 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,933
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Neverwinter's Great Weapon Fighter class revealed

11 posts found
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

OP  1/08/13 12:00:26 PM#1

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/08/massively-exclusive-neverwinters-great-weapon-fighter-class-re/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Woot.  Finally a class I was destined to play.  So glad to see a 2H'ed class announced for release.  The one thing lacking for me in this game was a class I could call my own.Massively Exclusive - Neverwinter Great Weapon Fighter class revealed

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

1/10/13 11:06:18 PM#2

There is also a shadow figure at 1:15 that is carrying a bow and arrow standing next to the Great Weapon Fighter.  It may be the next announced class aside from the Divine Cleric.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Ambros123

Novice Member

1/11/13 2:19:51 PM#3
Ranger most likely.  Ranger is in the works and was originally announced but Cryptic was having some issues with the class and are working on whatever it is but it;'s certainly not shelved.
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

1/14/13 3:38:31 AM#4

The shadow figure is not a Player Character. It is a NPC named dusty who is dwarf ranger and accompanies the PC on their adventure aiding them.

Ranger class is in the works however.

--- as told by a dev in official NW forums

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/14/13 5:01:43 AM#5
Are these place holder class names during development?

Or are they really going to launch with classes named stuff like "control wizard" and "great weapon fighter"?

Because sounds cheesey.
  Trionicus

Novice Member

1/14/13 5:11:00 AM#6
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Are these place holder class names during development?

Or are they really going to launch with classes named stuff like "control wizard" and "great weapon fighter"?

Because sounds cheesey.

I just wanted to +1 your comment lol

I'm going to assume they are place holder names... it may help me keep my sanity.

allendale5

Novice Member

1/14/13 5:26:16 AM#7
Can't wait for this game.  Got my pc mag beta code and mount ready.   Stocking up on girl scout cookies and diet coke. 
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

1/14/13 1:32:55 PM#8

Control wizard, devoted cleric, warpriest, trickster rogue, brawny rogue are the names of recommended builds in 4e PnP.

Blame WotC to come up with cheezy names.

Chadiwicker

Hard Core Member

1/14/13 3:00:35 PM#9
Originally posted by gillrmn

Control wizard, devoted cleric, warpriest, trickster rogue, brawny rogue are the names of recommended builds in 4e PnP.

Okay.  D**n you WotC!  ;)

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

OP  1/14/13 3:15:44 PM#10
Originally posted by Chadiwicker

It does get better once you hit level 30 and get your paragon path.  With Class names like Iron Vanguard and Knight Protector.  Only have to put up with the cheese for a few levels.

Like the above stated AD&D has always been basic and dull on class names as they all stem from the Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric archtypes.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

1/14/13 6:16:42 PM#11
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Chadiwicker

It does get better once you hit level 30 and get your paragon path.  With Class names like Iron Vanguard and Knight Protector.  Only have to put up with the cheese for a few levels.

Like the above stated AD&D has always been basic and dull on class names as they all stem from the Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric archtypes.

I don't know what all have been implemented, but in PnP there are PP of "Dread reaper" "sword master" "polearm master" "Kensai" etc. And ofcourse, my favourite - "Silverstar"