Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,251 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,713
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » PC Gamer Beta Key and Mount Giveaway

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/09/13 5:26:52 PM#1

For those of you looking for beta keys for Neverwinter, you can get a beta key and a free mount (one of two horses) by picking up a copy of PC Gamer's February 2013 issue or buying an electronic copy.  Here is a link to more information:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/pc-gamer-neverwinter-issue-item-february-236-edition/

Beta has not started yet, but you will have access when it does.

darknakar

Novice Member

1/09/13 5:59:56 PM#2
i am sorry but i cant find any mention  of them giving beta key   all they say it  a free mount  or  i missing something ?

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/09/13 6:07:45 PM#3
Originally posted by darknakar
i am sorry but i cant find any mention  of them giving beta key   all they say it  a free mount  or  i missing something ?

I was thinking the same thing.  It says key, but for the mount.

El Psy Congroo

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

1/09/13 6:10:19 PM#4
Mount automatically gives you beta key also.
  alakram

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:19:30 PM#5
It says exclusive in game item but nothing about a beta key. :/

-=AlaKraM=-
Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
My Lord of the Rings Gallery

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

It's Penguin Appreciation Day!

1/09/13 6:21:08 PM#6
If the mount gave you beta access it would say that or have an * by it and explain it elsewhere on the page. Nothing anywhere mentions you getting beta access, just an in-game mount.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:22:35 PM#7

I can confirm buying the single issue using Zinio for 9 dollars got me beta access.

Edit: I can also confirm that it was stupid to not state that it gives access, when that might give more sales.  Also remember to answer the "question" in lowercase.  That tripped me up a few times, ha

El Psy Congroo

muffins89

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:29:36 PM#8
Originally posted by kadepsyson

I can confirm buying the single issue using Zinio for 9 dollars got me beta access.

Edit: I can also confirm that it was stupid to not state that it gives access, when that might give more sales.  Also remember to answer the "question" in lowercase.  That tripped me up a few times, ha

does it tell you when the beta starts?

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

darknakar

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:30:51 PM#9

it is very stupid that they dont confirm  or  cleary say  u gain beta acess too  they would sell much more issue just for that

it realy confusing

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:33:07 PM#10
Originally posted by muffins89
Originally posted by kadepsyson

does it tell you when the beta starts?

No the download page says the usual coming soon and we'll notify you by email stuff.  It is a download button now that I redeemed the key though, instead of a sign up for beta button :P

Even the system requirements are "coming soon"

El Psy Congroo

Fornax123

Novice Member

1/09/13 6:47:53 PM#11
My new t-shirt says:  "I spent $8.99 and all I got was a stupid greyed out download button."
  Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/09/13 6:49:18 PM#12

From a community manager at the official Neverwinter forums:

"Whoa! I apologize for all the confusion regarding PC Gamer and Beta access. Here is the word:

Redeeming the unique key code will grant you one of two horse mounts at random PLUS Neverwinter Beta access. However, we will reveal more official details about our Beta plans once we are closer to it and you will find out when and how you can access the Beta. 

Hopefully, this clears up any confusion you may have."

I agree with the above comments that it was poor marketing on behalf of PC Gamer and/or Neverwinter to not make this clear, though it was a nice surprise to get beta access when I was only expecting a free mount.  

Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/09/13 6:53:05 PM#13
Originally posted by Fornax123
My new t-shirt says:  "I spent $8.99 and all I got was a stupid greyed out download button."

I didn't pay anything.  I signed up for a free-trial digital subscription through Google Play.  I can cancel within two weeks and pay nothing.  :)

Swanea

Advanced Member

1/09/13 6:55:43 PM#14

So, you get access to a beta weekend or two.  Not the actually close beta.

Oh boy.

darkhalf357x

Advanced Member

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

1/09/13 7:00:34 PM#15

I just signed up:

Neverwinter Download coming soon!

If you have activated your Access Key, you will be notified when testing begins and will receive instructions for downloading and logging into the game.

You get access to the mount and beta with the PC Gamer key.

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

1/09/13 7:12:38 PM#16
Originally posted by Swanea

Oh boy.

Go to google play and do the PC gamer free trial lol. Costs nothing for that beta weekend or two and a mount. Can't complain about free man. 

MadDemon64

Elite Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

1/10/13 7:04:08 PM#17
Originally posted by GrayGhost79
Originally posted by Swanea

Oh boy.

Go to google play and do the PC gamer free trial lol. Costs nothing for that beta weekend or two and a mount. Can't complain about free man. 

How do I get the free trial?  All I see are subscription and buy issue.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/10/13 10:52:51 PM#18
Originally posted by MadDemon64

If you've already used your free trial once, it won't be available again.  Other than that, I don't know why you can't see the free trial information.  When I look at other magazines (since I've already used my free trial for PC Gamer), it clearly says above the subscribe button that there is a 14 day free trial or 30 days in other instances.  I am logged in to my Google account.  Maybe it doesn't show the free trial information if you're not logged in?  

MadDemon64

Elite Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

1/11/13 4:05:42 PM#19
Originally posted by Chadiwicker

If you've already used your free trial once, it won't be available again.  Other than that, I don't know why you can't see the free trial information.  When I look at other magazines (since I've already used my free trial for PC Gamer), it clearly says above the subscribe button that there is a 14 day free trial or 30 days in other instances.  I am logged in to my Google account.  Maybe it doesn't show the free trial information if you're not logged in?  

I never used my free trial (never even heard of google play before this), and I am logged in.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Chadiwicker

Advanced Member

OP  1/11/13 6:47:29 PM#20
I never used my free trial (never even heard of google play before this), and I am logged in.

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different browser or contact Google Play support.  It worked for me and it appears to have worked for others according to their comments in this thread.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search