Trending Games | Star Citizen | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,388 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,473
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Some new Info on D&D:NW

7 posts found
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  12/28/12 6:22:15 AM#1

To check it out yourself, go to

official forums ----> Information and Discussion  --->  dev tracker

Some quotes:

There are skills and they are used while gathering materials for crafting too:-

There is a gathering system, but it's based off of classic D&D skills like Dungeoneering, Arcana, Religion, Nature, etc. instead of the typical mining/herbalism thing.

PvP maps in foundry in To Do list:-

I can't say a lot about PvP yet because a lot is still changing about it. I can say there will be battleground style PvP maps with large groups, capture point based maps, and... well no I probably shouldn't reveal that part just yet.

We want to allow PvP map creation in the Foundry, but this will likely happen after launch because PvP is one of the last features being added and we need a lot of lead time to add it to the Foundry.

Mounts:-

3. Having worked on all previous Cryptic titles, I can happily say that no flying mounts are planned.

6. You can currently use mounts in PvP, but you can be knocked off if you are damaged enough and you auto-dismount when you interact or attack.

UWNVME

Novice Member

1/01/13 5:14:59 PM#2
I hope there's a cool animation for when someone is knocked off their mount, instead of having it just disappear. On another note though, those gathering skills sound interesting, I'm curious to hear more about what exactly they do.
  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/06/13 4:18:37 PM#3
Originally posted by UWNVME
... On another note though, those gathering skills sound interesting, I'm curious to hear more about what exactly they do.

Not exactly gathering skills. You see, in D&D (specifically 4e) you have skills like Thievery, Dungeoneering, Religion, Arcana etc.

Those skills you already have for character.

Now they place crafting materials at places where only a player with one of  abovementioned skills can reach.

An example would be a secret passage in dungeon which you can only access if you have dungeoneering skill. So these kind of places will have crafting material.

Speculating too wildly, I can hope that there can be a rope which you can swing to reach a crafting material which grants your armor agility. But you need "Acrobatics" skill to swing the rope. But perhaps this kind of thing is perhas too much to ask.

3-4thElf

Apprentice Member

1/06/13 4:25:45 PM#4

I'm hoping it goes something like.. Religion over all point value 12-15 ish. You gain crafting drops from loot, chests, and found in the environment via nodes only you can really see. 

Sounds more D&Dish than I was suspecting.

a yo ho ho

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/06/13 4:45:51 PM#5
Originally posted by 3-4thElf

I'm hoping it goes something like.. Religion over all point value 12-15 ish. You gain crafting drops from loot, chests, and found in the environment via nodes only you can really see. 

I am not very sure on it, but skills probably would be all or none. i.e. if you train in skill you have that skill, and if you don't train in it - you won't.

So it would be kind of putting all the points in a few chosen skills unlike 3e.

3-4thElf

Apprentice Member

1/06/13 4:48:04 PM#6
Originally posted by gillrmn

I am not very sure on it, but skills probably would be all or none. i.e. if you train in skill you have that skill, and if you don't train in it - you won't.

So it would be kind of putting all the points in a few chosen skills unlike 3e.

Well yeah, but wouldn't Int or Wis sort of have a say on how much is gained / known? Maybe I'm too much a roll player when it comes to D&D. LoL

a yo ho ho

gillrmn

Apprentice Member

OP  1/06/13 4:52:29 PM#7

Well yeah, but wouldn't Int or Wis sort of have a say on how much is gained / known? Maybe I'm too much a roll player when it comes to D&D. LoL

It should have, but the game is only based on PnP rules and not a direct copy. We are waiting for more info on official forums about how skills are implemented, maybe stats do make some difference.

They say some new info will be released on Jan 8. Lets see...