Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,851 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,407
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  12/20/12 2:33:06 AM#1
Anyone know if they plan on adding clerics or priests to the game? if they will be available at launch?
  Zebular

Novice Member

12/20/12 5:29:46 AM#2
Indeed, there will be clerics! As for at launch? That hasn't been mentioned yet.

[ PWE Community Moderator (Official Forums) | Foundry: The Dweomerkeepers | My Twitter | @zebular ]

User Deleted

OP  12/21/12 4:09:05 PM#3
do you happen to know if they will be locking people into premades or allowing people to play how they wish by making their own choices in a trait tree of some kind on these classes?
  Vannor

Apprentice Member

12/21/12 4:13:06 PM#4
Originally posted by itgrowls
do you happen to know if they will be locking people into premades or allowing people to play how they wish by making their own choices in a trait tree of some kind on these classes?

No proper annoucements yet that I'm aware of but the best thing to do.. to get an idea of whats going on with the classes.. is read about the D&D 4.0 ruleset, if you don't already know about that stuff.

From what they have been announcing so far, we are being shown the build options for certain classes in the 4.0 ruleset. Whether or not that is the only build option that will be available at release isn't being said.. but it certainly looks that way so far.

By build option I mean like a Wizard can be Control wizard, War wizard, Illusionist wizard or Summoning wizard in the 4.0 ruleset. But so far they have only announced the Control wizard.. will that be the only build option a wizard can be? Don't know yet but it's looking that way.

This doesn't mean you won't have choices to make though. There can be lots of different kinds of Control wizards that use a lot of different spells from each other. You can have a Control wizard that focuses mostly on damaging spells, it doesn't mean their only available role is crowd control. I'm sure there will be a certain amount of choice given concerning weapon and armor proficiencies, implements and, especially, feats (http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Feats) as well. You see.. race choice and stats also affects the available feats.. not just the class (but the class determines the available races and both the class and the race determine the starting stats.. plus the option to have access to feats that improve certain stats). There is a learning curve with D&D.

Feats, in D&D, are basically the equivalent of a skill tree.. the result is the same. People think Blizzard created skill trees when really they are just a more visual, and simplified, representation of what D&D does with feats. They just made it easier to understand but the trade off is that skill trees don't have as much depth (D&D 4.0 has less depth than previous versions of the ruleset as well but still more depth than the usual MMO skill trees).

All that said, I have no idea how Cryptic are going to do it. Maybe they will put the feats into a skill tree looking format, maybe not. Might not be able to choose any of your own feats at all, dunno. Would be a major mistake though if they take that sort of customization away from a D&D game. There is this quote though:

"Neverwinter will also have a feat system that will work much like the talent trees in other MMOs" from Gamefront.

As for your original question, I expect them to announce the Devoted cleric as the healer class for release.. but thats just a guess.