Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,539 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,904
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/20/13)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Neverwinter Forum » General Discussion » Quite frankly, this looks bad....

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
43 posts found
  ignore_me

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 12:05:22 PM#41
Simplified character creation, building, and play through the interface are what looks to be downfall of this game to me. "Hey let's play D&D on the computer! Pick one of these templates and slap your name on it. Yeah just use those 5 buttons to do stuff. It's cool!"

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Psyentist

Novice Member

11/22/12 1:58:30 PM#42
Originally posted by SneakyRussian

Repeat the same attack-50 billion times + shieldbash + some random "daily" skills

Literally the FIRST thing the video says is, "These are some of dozens of skills that will be availible at higher level."

And another sidenote; STO stumbled out the gate but has had incredible content updates from Cryptic for the past 2 years.  I dont play any sci-fi mmos full-time, but I hear the Romulan episode they just released is massive, fun, and nearly doubled the already substantial population.

Frankly, OP is guilty of simply regurgitating points from other sources with no new information.

ideainsanity12

Apprentice Member

12/01/12 11:16:52 AM#43

Pretty much that's how RPGs are nowadays. Spamming 1 move only for 1 move only to repeat the cycle. I only care about the Foundry in Neverwinter. Since NVN isn't being continued any further, I have concerns at the authoring part of NVN will get broken while the younger generation of MMO players use limited tools. Pretty much all RPGs will be spamming a move unless it's turn by turn combat. Then that's where that doesn't matter much. Games like these include Kingisle's 101 Series and another game I think on Super Nintendo which I forgot the name. Or maybe you have to do something like this:

Move 1 > Have to use Move 2 to use Move 1 > Move 2 > Wait 15 seconds and having to use Move 2 or 3 > Repeat.

Like a synergy, but I'm sure that won't work. So what we learned today? RPGs will always be spamming and cycle repeats and there won't be any good solution.

~Been Gaming since I was born~

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search