Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,250 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,220
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Holy trinity + dungeons + raids

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
46 posts found
  DamonVile

Elite Member

2/13/13 9:29:24 AM#41

Most of the reasons for not playing in this thread come down to two things...

I'm not going to play because blah blah blah I wasn't going to play anyway.

Or they made it a wow clone and I'm a gw2 fanboy so they should of made it a gw2 clone.

Both solid reasons imo. The game will suffer for not having these types of people whinning on the forums after launch.

There's a saying about evolution and why we have two eyes and two ears but only one mouth. Clearly it didn't see the internet coming or it never would have given us ten fingers to type with.

Epicent

Novice Member

Die clickers Die!!!

2/13/13 9:32:18 AM#42
Originally posted by Zuvielify
Originally posted by munken

For me, the holy trinity is a must for raiding, and raiding is a must for mmorpg.

It is massively multiplayer online role playing game we are talking about here, not massivlely singleplayer online game, that everyone want's now a day's. That's what's killing the fun for me, running around not talking, not helping each other, just doing your own thing, it has kept me from playing these games for a very long time.

Now WS is coming, and it (from what little we have heard.) really seem to be putting some effort in to the social aspekt.

Agreed.

I think this game will be a good meld between WoW and GW2 mechanics. I'm hopeful it will be the best of both. 

I think the trinity is a must. I also like some of the things GW2 is doing with combat; however, the lack of trinity in that game makes combat so shallow, imo. So, movement/dodging is good, reliance on others (to do more than rez you) is good, having roles so encounters can be more interesting, good. 

I think it would be interesting to see the gameplay mechanics of gw2 implemented with a trinity system..........although gw2 does do that already. we have had tank builds and support builds. Ive seen warriors hold aggro through a whole fight in gw2. To say that the trinity is needed after playing gw2 and seeing that filling all roles is still viable with some builds just screams ignorance on some peoples parts in my opinion.

Kaneth

Elite Member

2/13/13 9:40:30 AM#43
Originally posted by jedensuscg
Originally posted by Tazlor

Standard MMORPG features in a MMORPG? That's just stupid!

This.

"omg my MMO has raids, and dungeons and whats this, heales and tanks!  NO WAY this is the "new" generation, we are doing away with everything that even hints at an MMO"

get real people, GW2's PvEis not some magic formula either.  There solution to no healers or tanks...let just give EVERYONE heals...ya that solved that problem.

While i give them credit for there unique style, some people actually like having the tried and true formula.  Even hardcore players that don't play WoW.

Will wildstar suck? maybe but it will not be because they have trinity, raids and dungeons. It will because they do not bring any other unique and fun ideas to back them up.  SO how about people don't go all hispter and think its the cool thing to automatically bash a game that has barely had any information realeased on it just because they mentioned the staples of MMORPG's.

I have to agree to a point. Trinity based gameplay can be good, as long as it's done well and not overly limiting. I would say my biggest problem with the video was that the combat didn't look all that exciting. It was pretty standard, stand around and auto-attack and wait to use specials. Granted it looks like they literally just threw it together without a ton of thought into the presentation.

gaeanprayer

Novice Member

2/13/13 9:49:56 AM#44

Damn, game's off the radar for me, now. I can't do this gameplay anymore, it's almost to tedious to even be called a game. That video showed a world that looked really interesting and fun to explore but combat that can be found in 90% of the games out there, none of which I'm playing and for good reason. Free form targetting won't be enough to change that.

In every one of those fights in the combat video, the Warrior rushes in as the tank and everyone just stands back spamming attacks/heals from out of aggro range. Honestly, I'd rather have an MMO with no combat and no gear, than an MMO with dated versions of either.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

emikochan

Novice Member

Welcome to my world.

2/13/13 12:06:55 PM#45
Originally posted by DamonVile

Most of the reasons for not playing in this thread come down to two things...

I'm not going to play because blah blah blah I wasn't going to play anyway.

Or they made it a wow clone and I'm a gw2 fanboy so they should of made it a gw2 clone.

Both solid reasons imo. The game will suffer for not having these types of people whinning on the forums after launch.

Way to oversimplify lol

Also there is no escape from whining, No escape. (other than just playing and not using forums :P)

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

2/13/13 2:18:32 PM#46
This thread is from last June. Locking to prevent confusion from the necro.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search