Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,829 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,573
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Holy trinity + dungeons + raids

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  6/28/12 10:36:20 AM#1

The same formula we came to know and ... well, depends on you.

This video lays it out: 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/28/wildstars-group-combat-looks-sort-of-familiar/#comment-1024410

Looks like WoW in space to me. When the dev says holy trinity/dungeons/raids, I lost all interest in this one.

Why would you leave WoW or any other H3-gear grinder for this?

Tazlor

Novice Member

6/28/12 10:38:43 AM#2

Standard MMORPG features in a MMORPG? That's just stupid!

Shaike

Novice Member

At first there were games, then MMOs, then MMORPGs then I understood I had no life :-)

6/28/12 10:40:45 AM#3
Originally posted by 7star

This video lays it out: 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/28/wildstars-group-combat-looks-sort-of-familiar/#comment-1024410

Looks like WoW in space to me. When the dev says holy trinity/dungeons/raids, I lost all interest in this one.

Why would you leave WoW or any other H3-gear grinder for this?

YUCK!!!! another wow clone!!!

staying with GW2 only for me.... i guess i will have more time for myself for now as i am not playing anything currently cause everything sucks.... (sorry for the language)

Just my 2 cents...

Xzen

Novice Member

A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.
- Seneca

6/28/12 10:42:50 AM#4

I had a bad feeling about this game from the start.

zevni78

Advanced Member

6/28/12 12:35:37 PM#5

It could turn out to be WoW 2.0... in space, which is I think what they are going for in terms of some mechanics, while trying to innovate away from that model in others. I am open, nothing wrong with WoW* just bad WoW clones, and this is made my former WoW devs, so it will feel like a continuation even if they are trying to be different, but we need much more info, and some alpha keys.

*except tedious rotation and tab target mechanics, messy UI, gear grind at endgame, bad community features, Chuck Norris, etc.

bladedancer

Novice Member

7/20/12 9:33:30 AM#6

Hmm that is a bit of a shame, I've played WoW and the like, and am not keen to return to that sort of game, it will be Guild Wars 2 for me, but I was interested in at least trying Wildstar out, not sure now tbh.

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they´ll come get ya

Djildjamesh

Novice Member

8/06/12 1:18:40 AM#7

Variation people !!

I'am in love with GW2 for good reasons, but by all means, i want choise. And this could just turn out to be my MMO of choise after GW2 :)

Afters 2 years of 'no' trinity after GW2 i think i'll once again fall in love with the holy trinity as tank =)

Ramanadjinn

Elite Member

8/06/12 1:24:54 AM#8
Originally posted by 7star

This video lays it out: 

ya this one just flew off my radar.

i may check it out if they do a public beta or free trial at some point just to see how generic their trinity really is but doesn't sound like my sort of game.

cheers to all who like this stuff though!  it looks to be a cool game even if not my sorta thing!

jedensuscg

Novice Member

8/06/12 1:31:43 AM#9
Originally posted by Tazlor

Standard MMORPG features in a MMORPG? That's just stupid!

This.

"omg my MMO has raids, and dungeons and whats this, heales and tanks!  NO WAY this is the "new" generation, we are doing away with everything that even hints at an MMO"

get real people, GW2's PvEis not some magic formula either.  There solution to no healers or tanks...let just give EVERYONE heals...ya that solved that problem.

While i give them credit for there unique style, some people actually like having the tried and true formula.  Even hardcore players that don't play WoW.

Will wildstar suck? maybe but it will not be because they have trinity, raids and dungeons. It will because they do not bring any other unique and fun ideas to back them up.  SO how about people don't go all hispter and think its the cool thing to automatically bash a game that has barely had any information realeased on it just because they mentioned the staples of MMORPG's.

Adiaris

Novice Member

8/06/12 1:47:20 AM#10
Though not excited about more holy trinity and more raids, I'm willing to give Wildstar a chance as it does bring a good package of features besides that (somewhat dynamic combat, apparently cool questing, paths, housing). We'll see, I guess!
  helthros

Novice Member

8/06/12 2:02:04 AM#11

Is this the new direction of mmorpg.com? Every game that has holy trinity and raids is instantly bombarded by the GW2 legions?

Game looks fairly nice if nothing else. The combat animations look so much better than anything I've seen in GW2. However, like any game - I'll reserve my comment till I play it.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

8/06/12 2:05:59 AM#12

Who cares ?

If the game is fun, I'll play it. I'm not allergic to "trinity, raids and dungeons" in MMO's. What I'm allergic to in MMO's is medieval fantasy settings and barebones gameplay (i.e. all combat and gear grind). At least Wildstar will have housing, so the devs are clearly looking at including features that are not all combat-centric.

Wildstar remains on my anticipated games list, right behind Planetside 2 (yes, I have diverse tastes :)

AsalzSy

Apprentice Member

8/06/12 2:17:30 AM#13

This game made from ex-WoW devs if im not wrong but cant find any names at wikipedia..

any1 can confirm this with a link?

azmundai

Novice Member

8/06/12 2:24:06 AM#14

Originally posted by helthros
Is this the new direction of mmorpg.com? Every game that has holy trinity and raids is instantly bombarded by the GW2 legions?

Game looks fairly nice if nothing else. The combat animations look so much better than anything I've seen in GW2. However, like any game - I'll reserve my comment till I play it.

no its the same formula it's always been. everyone jumps on the shiny new bandwagon and throws poop at anything that isn't part of said bandwagon. they usually go away after a while. of course gw2 could actually stick around longer than anything released in the past few years but that is yet to be seen.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Ice-Queen

Novice Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

8/09/12 11:17:50 AM#15

I didn't see or hear the raids part. If that's in the game though I will pass it over. I'm done with raiding. WoW was the last game I played with the raiding feature and I just can't see myself ever playing a game like that again.

Wildstar looked very interesting until I hear the talk of raiding, too bad, I really like housing in a game.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

8/20/12 5:06:25 PM#16
This game looking interesting  , I am ok with trinity/ dungeons  and others normal stuff for an mmorpg

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

zevni78

Advanced Member

8/20/12 8:54:12 PM#17
Originally posted by Tayah

I didn't see or hear the raids part. If that's in the game though I will pass it over. I'm done with raiding. WoW was the last game I played with the raiding feature and I just can't see myself ever playing a game like that again.

Wildstar looked very interesting until I hear the talk of raiding, too bad, I really like housing in a game.

I understand about raiding, though they've said that they are putting other content such as solo player stuff for end-gamers on a regular basis. I find its more than possible to avoid raiding in an mmo with other things to do.

nomss

Apprentice Member

8/20/12 8:59:01 PM#18
Looking for healer.... No thanks. Been there done that: boring. Still, the graphics are very appealing to me.

Guild Wars 2's 50 minutes game play video:
http://n4g.com/news/592585/guild-wars-2-50-minutes-of-pure-gameplay
Everything We Know about GW2:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287180/page/1

Torvaldr

Elite Member

8/20/12 9:01:49 PM#19

I'm bored and tired of raiding too.  As long as real charactger progression isn't locked behind raiding like it is in WoW, EQ2, and RIFT then it will remain on my list.  I've read a lot of itneresting things about the game and I'm not about to burn a bridge just because it might have larger group instanced content.  Just don't make that the game's pinnacle achievement or lock the fun shinies behind the raids.  That will be a deal breaker for me.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Torvaldr

Elite Member

8/20/12 9:08:11 PM#20
Originally posted by nomss
Looking for healer.... No thanks. Been there done that: boring. Still, the graphics are very appealing to me.

I don't think it has to be that way for group content anymore.  I mean the LF healer / LF tank wait that is.  RIFT has a pretty good LFG / dungeon finder tool.  The key there is that every class can fulfill multiple roles so people have the option of flexing into another role if needs be.  So if the classes and content are well designed the "trinity" aspect won't be a negative.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search