Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Diablo 3 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,833 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,338
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Bonus Weekend

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  tanastia

Advanced Member

OP  3/27/14 6:02:30 PM#1

theres a bonus weekend of playing starting tomorrow 

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29562-bonus-wildstar-weekend/

ionxeel

Apprentice Member

Time's escaping. Eternity's waiting.

3/27/14 6:15:25 PM#2
Yup. /cheer Carbine
  stragen001

Hard Core Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

3/27/14 6:40:08 PM#3

Just found out about this..... so chuffed

Naturally its got nothing to do with the fact that ESO early access starts this weekend, nothing at all 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Siphaed

Elite Member

3/27/14 9:29:28 PM#4
Originally posted by stragen001

Naturally its got nothing to do with the fact that ESO early access starts this weekend, nothing at all 

I know sarcasm when I see it.....I think?

Yes, I'm certain it does have something to do with that other game's pre-launch launch this weekend.   Combine that with the Boom Boxes as a rewards for Beta log-in and they most certainly want people keeping an eye on Wildstar rather than anything else.   And who can blame them?

Instigator-Jones

Advanced Member

3/27/14 10:37:59 PM#5

^Captain Obvious

mmmmmmmm .... Bonus sweetness.

Roin

Hard Core Member

3/27/14 11:21:37 PM#6
But who's allowed in? Anyone that has been in a beta weekend. Pre-order people? Are they planning on giving out last minute beta keys?

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

Siphaed

Elite Member

3/27/14 11:25:05 PM#7
Originally posted by Roin
But who's allowed in? Anyone that has been in a beta weekend. Pre-order people? Are they planning on giving out last minute beta keys?

Starting tomorrow, Friday 3/28 at 7:00am PDT, the servers will be live and the party ain’t stopping until Sunday night! Also, the level 17 cap is gone and is now being replaced with a level 20 cap. My quick math skills tell me that’s an extra 3 levels! This bonus weekend is a way to get more testing time for us, awesome, as well as more game time for all of you who have Pre-ordered, double awesome!

There's your answer.  Don't expect any keys to be distributed for freebie peps.

Aroukos

Advanced Member

3/28/14 1:10:13 AM#8
Superb!!!
  Kabaal

Hard Core Member

Haggis Humper

3/28/14 4:24:15 AM#9
Originally posted by Roin

As a last resort you can always pre-order it on Amazon as they send the key instantly and don't charge you until the game comes out (UK Amazon anyway, not sure about other regions) meaning you can cancel at any time and still have a working pre-order key.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Fusion

Old School

3/28/14 4:30:47 AM#10
Sounds like someone's getting desperate.. "for those who pre-order" haha.

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

Cromica

Apprentice Member

3/28/14 4:35:36 AM#11
To bad I already have D3, Landmark, and then ESO
  M0rbid

Apprentice Member

3/28/14 5:19:57 AM#12
Originally posted by Fusion

Whats desperate about letting those that have pre ordered your game have beta access? If anything it shows confidence in your game...Carbine are clearly not worried about people playing the game and rushing to cancel their pre orders ala the thousands and thousands thats did so after playing ESO.

Now, locking an entire race behind a pay-gate CE, THAT is desperate ha ha :)

Aroukos

Advanced Member

3/28/14 5:29:35 AM#13
Originally posted by M0rbid

Whats desperate about letting those that have pre ordered your game have beta access? If anything it shows confidence in your game...Carbine are clearly not worried about people playing the game and rushing to cancel their pre orders ala the thousands and thousands thats did so after playing ESO.

This ^^

Also this is a last minute EXTRA weekend. In the rest, access is not restricted only to those who pre ordered.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

3/28/14 12:32:21 PM#14

I just received (15mins ago) an email with a beta key for this weekend. Better late than never, lol

Guess they were hoping people might be tempted by what seemed to be a "pre-order only" restriction for this weekend.

I haven't pre-ordered, but I did register a beta key for the previous 2 weekend tests.

Keep an eye on your email I'd say...

User Deleted
3/28/14 12:33:56 PM#15
Best part is that they raised the cap to level 20, so people can try the awesome dungeons.
  User Deleted
3/28/14 12:36:05 PM#16

ESO early access will start as this finishes. So probably unrelated.  I get the impression that its because they want more dungeon feedback, hence the level cap raise.

Whitebeards

Advanced Member

3/28/14 12:36:36 PM#17
Originally posted by M0rbid

Bam bam!!!!

Shots were fired!! haha 

Daessar

Apprentice Member

3/28/14 12:54:39 PM#18
Originally posted by evilastro
Best part is that they raised the cap to level 20, so people can try the awesome dungeons.

People had been doing the dungeons, they were just walking to them instead of using the queue.

cyricson

Novice Member

3/28/14 12:57:01 PM#19

i am a nice guy 

SO :        68ST-ZNQH-A58T-SZVK-LVFJ

enjoy

Mr.SeriousGuy

Advanced Member

3/28/14 1:08:41 PM#20
Originally posted by Siphaed

I know sarcasm when I see it.....I think?

Yes, I'm certain it does have something to do with that other game's pre-launch launch this weekend.   Combine that with the Boom Boxes as a rewards for Beta log-in and they most certainly want people keeping an eye on Wildstar rather than anything else.   And who can blame them?

by the time wild star is live people will be bored with ESO . i don't expect many to play longer than a month or 3 . especially since some had been in the beta's for a while . probably 1/3 of the hard core crowd are sick of it before its launched lol .

i mean hell by your logic if zenimax makes ESO F2P the week before wild star goes live it would be a calculated move to steal players from it when in all likely hood its the only way to keep people there and that console players may not be so thrilled to be paying for like xboxlive and a subscription for a mmorpg (its like they are being charged 2 times) 

2 Pages 1 2 » Search