Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Gigantic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,774 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,931
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Is the Beta real?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
46 posts found
  numz92

Advanced Member

10/21/13 3:37:16 PM#41
Originally posted by Fusion
Originally posted by Aori
Originally posted by Fusion
I smell a US-bias beta, since i've not heard from anywhere 'around' me anything (and i know alot of EU based MMO folks from big and bigger communities), no matter the NDA, there's always atleast a mention of someone being in (but not a hiss on WS in the EU sector i know of)

They invited EU and AUS players awhile back. I think it was Phase 2 when they announced that.

Like i said, NDA regardless, someone always mentions being in a beta and it doesn't matter if i say i knew someone in the beta (which i don't, which is "odd" because i know people in every other beta / alpha around, but not WS), because no one besides me would know who i'm talking about. So yeah, i have high doubts on EU participants.

They invited EU players, trust me.

Zapzap

Apprentice Member

10/21/13 7:01:27 PM#42
Originally posted by Odinthedark1
Originally posted by DOGMA1138
Originally posted by Odinthedark1
it has been in closed beta for a little more than 2 years, i signed up for beta day one it was put up...still haven't gotten in despite the fact that i've signed up with multiple emails to increase my chances....its super super exclusive i guess...either way i only have a mild interest in this game now, its been so long i could care less. Still, if it ever DOES go into open beta ill give it a shot.

Just a small point when you signed up they run a script that does a machine fingerprint in addition to logging the IP address.

Signing up with multiple emails from the same hosts with the same IP address might not increase your chances by one bit, infact it might ban you from the draw all together.

I've gone through 2 laptop upgrades in the past couple years and a rebuilt PC, as well as moving around between new york/new jersey quite often (Meaning a new ip address every move), void arguement for someone like me who moves around a lot and has money to spare for the higher end laptops in annual intervals. Though i guess it doesn't matter, i've waited this long and lost interest so i can wait till OBT.

Wildstar closed beta began in March this year not 2 years ago. Here is an announcement of the beta beginning form April, 2013.  Beta signups began in 2011. Maybe that is what is confusing you.

Krighton

Apprentice Member

10/24/13 11:47:30 PM#43

Well they fucked up and lost 3 potential players. Not letting someone in from a 2 year following is completely idiotic. Knowing the mouth breathers let in couldn't beta test a new prototype paperbag, let alone an MMO. But hey you get what you paid for.

Here's to a quick failure and a reminder to not be a dick to your followers, not to create fake hype (See Defiance) and lie to your to potential customers.

Wow In Space...Done.

bcbully

Elite Member

10/24/13 11:55:54 PM#44
At this stage of development, if your game is good, why not let people talk about it? This is the way I feel about all CBs with NDAs.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Zapzap

Apprentice Member

10/25/13 12:25:35 AM#45
Originally posted by bcbully
At this stage of development, if your game is good, why not let people talk about it? This is the way I feel about all CBs with NDAs.

For a number of reasons:

1.  They just redid a large number of their core systems which they are not ready to talk about until they are fully tested.

2.  They have a marketing department which schedules which organizes the releases of information to keep people hyped about the game.  Without a NDA everything would be out there and they would have no new information to keep people hyped.  Game companies have learned it is essential to control the release of information.  It is also important to release the information in their own wording in a positive way rather than from some kid ranting about whatever made him unhappy that day.  They are investing huge amount of money and one of their primary goals is to try to make that money back and get a return on it.  Controlling hype is a big part of getting a large amount of box sales.  While we would love if they worked for us for free.  That is not the case.

3.  The game is in the middle of rapid change.  The last thing they want to do is to spill the beans and give out information and set peoples hopes over game systems that may or may not be in at release.

4.  If the game release on schedule their will release is in 6-8 months.  Given the delays they have had with CB4 and the hints CB4 might get moved back to December it is fair to say release date might get moved back and we could be looking at 10+ months to release.  Far to early to release all this information.  Open beta is the time for people to learn everything they want.  If the game is good when it gets to open beta they will give us all the information we want.  if its bad then I would bet they will play hide and seek with that information.

Kratier

Apprentice Member

10/25/13 12:36:31 AM#46

everyone wondering can just google for footage, the beta is a joke right now, they are banking hard on the hype and exclusivity factor to get money.

the game is a f2p mmo , they are going to charge subs at first but day 1 there will be a cash shop , they also expect to charge full retail price for the game day 1

its going to fail at launch, dont get hyped for it. if you want to play an mmo for free there are way better ones to play than this

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search