Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,455 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,942
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Carbine's Response to Leaked Beta Patch Notes: Make Them Public!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Karelia

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 5:42:32 AM#21
Great reaction by Carbine. I like this game and the devs even more as time passes
  doorb7

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 1:32:50 PM#22
Originally posted by adam_nox
It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is.  If it can't immerse, it can't fill the gap.  The graphics are just too hard to swallow.  The game will always be just a game.  It sorta makes the pain and cost of massive online play a little pointless if you ask me.

i completely disagree, you can totally get immersed in a game that has not got realistic graphics, infact it helps to a large degree sometimes. With a realistic approach, you expect everything to be realistic, so everything that does not look real, brngs you out of the immersion zone. Games that are 5 years old will look bad compared to new ones. Styleised graphics though stay more contempory for a longer time, and if you accept the world your playing in, get invovled with the characters, read the lore etc, you can be immersed in a game that does not look realistic. immersion does not equal how real something looks, its how connected and into a world you become.

indojabijin

Novice Member

4/16/13 2:11:45 PM#23
Originally posted by doorb7
Originally posted by adam_nox
It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is.  If it can't immerse, it can't fill the gap.  The graphics are just too hard to swallow.  The game will always be just a game.  It sorta makes the pain and cost of massive online play a little pointless if you ask me.

i completely disagree, you can totally get immersed in a game that has not got realistic graphics, infact it helps to a large degree sometimes. With a realistic approach, you expect everything to be realistic, so everything that does not look real, brngs you out of the immersion zone. Games that are 5 years old will look bad compared to new ones. Styleised graphics though stay more contempory for a longer time, and if you accept the world your playing in, get invovled with the characters, read the lore etc, you can be immersed in a game that does not look realistic. immersion does not equal how real something looks, its how connected and into a world you become.

Completely agree.

It's not just about the graphics - it's about the entire package that makes the game immersive. Aesthetics. Games like Zelda and Super Mario Bros. are extremely immserive despite not having the best graphics and being over a decade old. Lord of the Rings, WoW and Guild Wars all have outdated graphics but in reality look just as good as games being released today because of their aesthetics.

The vanilla Final Fantasy XIV probably had the best graphics in a game at the time it released and was completely dull and I couldn't be immersed.

The art style they use in this game could probably work to their advantage.

nbtscan

Advanced Member

4/16/13 2:14:05 PM#24
Patch notes are one thing, but leaking gameplay video is a whole other beast.  I was reading about some 20 minute video that got released showing some Elder Scrolls gameplay and how negative the reaction was to it.  This is the kind of publicity a game under an NDA DOESN'T need.
  Djildjamesh

Novice Member

4/17/13 2:52:04 AM#25
Originally posted by muffins89
some of you are acting like they've done such an amazing thing.  they're patch notes for god sakes.  patch notes.

i must say i agree,

It's cool how they handled the situation and all ... but some are getting hyped up just a lil. too much ;p

Zapzap

Hard Core Member

4/17/13 8:12:30 PM#26
I love the way they handled the leak.  Psoting about the social contract and trust, releasing the patch notes, then rewarding the fans by spending two days answering questions about the patch notes on fansites.  That was a pretty cool response. Most companies ignore everything bad and treat the fans as if they do not exist.  These guys acknowledged the problem and tried to male something positive out if it by engaging the hardcore fans in conversation.  Small things like that make me root for games and developers.
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

4/17/13 8:39:46 PM#27
Originally posted by Djildjamesh
Originally posted by muffins89
some of you are acting like they've done such an amazing thing.  they're patch notes for god sakes.  patch notes.

i must say i agree,

It's cool how they handled the situation and all ... but some are getting hyped up just a lil. too much ;p

I think the patch notes are pretty cool.  I do a lot of testing and their notes would indicate a pretty thoughtful test environment.  That bodes well for quality upon release.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Sabas

Advanced Member

This is the sound of me

4/18/13 7:00:48 AM#28
Originally posted by Manolios

love the graphics, love their ideas, love almost everything in the game except action combat

but if i m into raiding i hate action combat system.

Actually Wildstar offers both types of combat.

First they developed the classic system of tab targetting combat. The type of combat we have been playing for 15 years now?

Aside that they also developed the action combat system.

So both sides are represented and offered an option.

Everybody wins. :)

Nightsong89

Novice Member

4/18/13 2:06:12 PM#29

Also, as some have said in this thread, it's not the patch notes that got people excited. It's the fact that Carbine actually acknowledged there was a leak (unlike other companies who try to hide the beta leaks and pretend they never happned) and figured out a way to take something negative and turn it into a postitive experience and get feedback from their hardcore fans over at WildStar Central. Just the fact that the Executive Producer, two Community Managers, the lead PvE and Econ guys, amongst other Carbine developers spent the past two days fielding a Question and Answer session on everything related to the patch notes and seeing how the community reacted to them was great. It showed that Carbine is very open to their community and willing to listen to their players.

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
Solveig - Tiro of Terminus

2 Pages « 1 2 Search