Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,444 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,824
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Only 4 classes?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
21 posts found
  Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 10:16:48 AM#21
Originally posted by Alberel
Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

Originally posted by Leethe
A warrior on the farmer path is unlikely to have the same experience as a warrior on the explorer path.

To some extend that is true, though the main storyline won't change a thing.

The "paths" will only change things on the side such as, 'The Soldier' has certain areas around the map the could defend from enemies. Where as 'The Explorer' can get to high ground easier and can discover tunnels (for exploration/combat/shortcuts).

That's actually not entirely true. The paths give you skills, not just unique gameplay systems on the side. The scientist, for example, learns new skills by researching and studying things. With this in mind your class/path combination will actually impact combat a fair bit.

That's interesting.  I don't recall reading that.  But, I might of over looked it.  I can't wait for them to release more info on the subject.

I think the healer class will be some kind of alchemist or some kind of medic (think Starcraft 2 medic).  The healing would be done with tech instead of magic.  Except, you can also off spec as dps and do some damge as a healer.   I imagine a mix between melee and mid-range attacks (for dps).  Mid-range attacks in heal spec.

I'm hoping the 6th class is Tank/ DPS.  I realize that we already have 2 tanks.  But, I can't see anything wrong with another viable tank class. This tank/dps would be either ranged tech tank/dps or a magical  tank/dps.  The Magical tank/dps will be a mix of melee and mid range attacks.  

What I realistically see happening is the 6th class will be a Dps/dps class.  This will make it alot easier to balance.  Could be like 2 Specs of DPS.  One melee, one ranged for example.

Just my opinions.  I could be completely wrong.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search