Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | Firefall | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,157 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,802
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » 30 minutes of gameplay - complete with questgivers with yellow exclamation marks

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
83 posts found
  revy66

Novice Member

3/19/13 8:30:12 PM#61
That was fantastic, thanks for the video.
  Ice-Queen

Apprentice Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

3/19/13 8:53:12 PM#62
I hope they plan to let you turn the telegraphing off, I can see that being so annoying for me. It looks like the Barrens in WoW in that video. I don't care, I played WoW for 4 years so that doesn't bother me, I'll play it if it's a good mmo, but I have a lot of concerns with it being way too casual a game like WoW. There's no denying it looks just like WoW. I don't see myself playing it if it's too casual friendly and just a raid gear grinding type of game. We'll have to wait to see.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

BrownAle

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 11:07:57 AM#63

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_4_riSI7Ydg#!

Sadly this video changed my mind on the game.

I was kind of uninterested in the game to start with.  Saw the video, and now im interested.

Ok i can get over the wow graphics, the game has humor, town building, a story that isnt a try-hard overly epic attempt to be awesome..which always falls flat as lame and boring in my eyes.  Its a simple story and more of a foundation of a story, which is what it should be.  Rebels vs empire is played out but theres no try hard story behind it all.

What got me was the GvG.  Bulding guild towns or forts and then seiging others is a type of endgame i can get behind.  My only curiosity is how its done with the faction element of the game.  Keep npc factions in the mix and its fail.  Let guilds be their own entities and war eachother with their ranks consisting of any player...and thats a win.

I do wish the game was more sci-fi and less fantasy cartoon looking though. Also wish NCsoft wasnt involved.

Other than that i changing my mind to meh to sort of interested.  It looks like a fun game and thats all i really care about i guess.

Broomy

Novice Member

3/21/13 7:53:32 PM#64

I am giving it a whirl.  Yes, it does look like WOW but that isnt a problem for me, I always loved the ageless graphics of WOW.  what really gets me though is the combat!  After playing GW2 and TERA, I am hooked on action combat and if its that good in WS they have my money.  Also the game has some awesome features: Townbuilding, player housing, seize and capture events....its all too good to pass up.  Definitely giving it a try.

Current Games: Casually playing LOTRO

Stromm

Apprentice Member

3/24/13 6:38:10 AM#65

Thanks for the vid, it certainly got me interested.

If the game plays well as a team game as well as solo then I think I'm in.

Alberel

Advanced Member

3/24/13 7:39:56 AM#66

I really don't understand the constant claims that it looks exactly like WoW... the models and textures in Wildstar are much better. Even if you're comparing on art style alone they have few similarities beyond the slightly charictured cartoony style (and if that's your argument then every photorealistic game is a clone of Crysis?). If there's anything it actually looks graphically similar to I'd say Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter, not WoW.

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

3/24/13 8:10:48 AM#67

Anyone get that SPORE meets World of Warcraft feeling while watching this?  The creatures just remind me of Spore, especially the tribal settlement at the beginning, met with a bit of Galatic Adventures with some of the technology and the way NPCs talk.

It might be interesting as I enjoyed playing Spore, but felt it fell short of it's potential and how a bigger universe would've been better for it.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Vembumees

Novice Member

3/24/13 10:03:44 AM#68

WoW didn't invent cartoony artstyle, but since you say it looks exactly like WoW, that's more of a compliment, because indeed, it must be the only game I have yet seen that has an art style done exactly as good or even better than WoW. Overall, mmorpg's are about gameplay, not graphics. If you realistic looking artstyle, then we have Bless coming, just for you (well I am definitely going for it as well).

Overall I simply love the cartoony art style and I am sure that's one of the things why WoW is so appealing to everyone, it looks nice. It doesn't have ridiculous requirements and it looks nice on whatever graphics you run. It's a graphics style that is appealing to mostly everyone. Honestly, the entire world of this game looks very appealing and that's probably why people get so easily interested in this one, I mean, we all have seen WoW clones, a lot of them, and most of us don't give a shit about them. But this is a first "wow clone" that actually looks like a presentable and promising game, other than a cheap fast production. We will see when it gets released tho ;)

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

3/24/13 10:12:06 AM#69
Originally posted by Margulis

Here is the 30 minute video where you can see the UI and also the questgivers - didn't even try to avoid the wow comparison with that one.   And you can see as he picks up quest they did indeed go with their "130 characters or less quest text" - so that's even more bland.  See for yourself.

30 minutes of gameplay ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCqgowlTKo

Yellow !?? Oh, the horror, the HORROR!!... ^^  From what I've seen, Wildstar looks like a great deal of fun. The only thing that really concerns me is that their publisher is NCsoft. Which means that at the slightest sign of weakness, they will be axed, like NCsoft has done to four or five other western games at this point.

Vembumees

Novice Member

3/24/13 10:18:52 AM#70
Originally posted by Wraithone
Originally posted by Margulis

Here is the 30 minute video where you can see the UI and also the questgivers - didn't even try to avoid the wow comparison with that one.   And you can see as he picks up quest they did indeed go with their "130 characters or less quest text" - so that's even more bland.  See for yourself.

30 minutes of gameplay ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCqgowlTKo

Yellow !?? Oh, the horror, the HORROR!!... ^^  From what I've seen, Wildstar looks like a great deal of fun. The only thing that really concerns me is that their publisher is NCsoft. Which means that at the slightest sign of weakness, they will be axed, like NCsoft has done to four or five other western games at this point.

That was my issue as well, I absolutely hate NCsoft decision making and just have to hope that they don't scrap too many development ideas from the game. The game looks very fun, promising and looks like it tries to have a wide amount of content for all players. Well, we will see by the end of the year (I somehow doubt that it will release in this year tho) ;)

This far all the design looks amazing in my opinion tho.

Skuall

Advanced Member

3/24/13 10:24:21 AM#71

the characters can FLY? wth? Oo

anyway the game looks awesome ,graphics yeah , cartoonish but i dont mind if the gameplay is awesome (and looks like its)

Dagon13

Apprentice Member

3/24/13 10:40:12 AM#72
Originally posted by TheHavok

So what I took from the video.

Graphics:  Animated, Cartoony, WoW-like.  I know a lot of people don't like that style.  I personally enjoyed it once I got use to it. +/-

Atmosphere: Silly but warlike.  Ratchet and Clank feel with a little bit of Borderlands.  I think they mentioned 'Firefly vibe' in the video.  Kind of reminds me of WoW (again) but with a tad more focus on technology and sci-fi elements and less on old fantasy. +

Level design: Shit everywhere and just waiting to be explored, travelled on, and explored again!  While its not clear in the video HOW linear or non-linear the game will be, it SEEMED that there were dynamic events occurring based on where the player travelled.  Sort of Guild Wars 2/Warhammer like and making me think its leaning towards non-linear.  It still had quest-givers scattered throughout the area, which is pretty traditional MMORPG like.  Personally, i'm okay with that but I can see how it can be a turn off to people tired of the system. +

Combat and controls: Awesome, awesome and more awesome.  Kind of like a mix between DDO, GW2 and Tera.  Too many MMOs develop their content where you just sit in one spot and attack, move, sit in another spot and attack, move, sit in another spot and attack, ect.  Adding a lot of movement elements into your combat through various abilities makes combat much more dynamic then the vast majority of MMORPGS.  It opens more options for fighting and it raises the skill cap.  With double dodging and shift sprinting,  I think hardcore pvp players will really take a liking to this system.  Additionally it makes PvE much more fun (and the potential to be challenging) if you are required to be constantly positioning your character while fighting.  Combat awareness seems like it will be a big factor in this game (which is good).  ++

Customization: Going from what the producer said, it seems like you definitely have playstle options for each class.  He mentioned his chain saw wielding warrior who can play as tank, dps, or utility, CC which hints at classes not having to play only one role.  This will be great for opening up options to players and not Pigeonholing them into certain roles (atleast if each option is viable). +

Trinity: It looks like they are using it.  Some people are sick of this.  Some people don't care because there are no better alternatives out there.  Personally, I don't mind it but i'm not a big PvE guy anyways - I prefer PvP which relies on a lot more utility.  I do think that the way the combat is set up, everybody will be having so much fun with moving and attacking that the trinity will end up not even being that big of a deal. +/-

This is actually the first time i've seen Wildstar in action and I was pleasantly surprised.  The game looks good.  Yeah, it looks very WoW-like, but unlike Rift, Warhammer, and SWTOR (IMO the 3 biggest WoW-clones), the combat in Wildstar looks VERY solid.  It seems like the devs were really aiming to bring a good combat and control system.  I'm glad that this game is on my radar now and I will definitely be tracking its progress.

Thank you for the constructive read!  I feel bad for the people that get hung up on one ambient feature and gloss over the significant pieces of functionality that a game provides.  I think this sounds like a lot of fun and won't be ignoring it just because some NPCs have exclamation marks over their head.  I'm curious what MMOs those types of people play.

faxnadu

Advanced Member

3/24/13 10:46:01 AM#73
Originally posted by Rockard

People say that SWTOR is like WoW in space,but this is

literally WoW in space.wow

and thats why there is all keys to success with this one. 

acidblood

Hard Core Member

3/24/13 5:59:42 PM#74
Originally posted by Skuall

No, that's just the devs be dirty, filthy cheaters.

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

3/24/13 6:21:59 PM#75
Originally posted by acidblood
Originally posted by Skuall

No, that's just the devs be dirty, filthy cheaters.

Thats to be expected. Dev's almost always cheat, its one of the perks of being a Dev. ^^

Laedermasken

Novice Member

3/26/13 3:59:16 PM#76

I hate that the monsters show where they are Going to hit with large colorored spots . 

Looks horrible! And makes it too Easy imo you can avoid every attack just by looking at the circles and spots .

Graphicswise it looks cool but generic .

Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

3/26/13 4:00:24 PM#77
Originally posted by Firedorn
Originally posted by jnsereno

The world design is almost like a direct port from world of warcraft.

Like, literally, it looks the exact same.

It's starts in the Barrens...but the chat seems dead...

I too had a deja vu feeling when i saw the video. if i ignore the UI it is like watching WOW in action ;)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Gormogon

Novice Member

3/26/13 5:07:08 PM#78

Personally, almost every time I see game footage I'm thinking X in WildStar looks a whole lot like Y in WoW, and IMO that could wind up being an unfortunate distraction for some players as they decide whether it's a game for them.  Then again, for almost every MMORPG out there, there's probably somebody who thinks it looks "just like WoW", so it is very subjective.

Ultimately, IMO, the visual similarities that many people here and elsewhere do see will put a much greater emphasis on differentiating itself and delivering in other aspects of the game right off the bat.  There are reasons to be hopeful, but it's still a early to know for certain yet.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

3/26/13 5:14:03 PM#79
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Looks halfway decent to me. Sadly I won't be playing because I'm pretty much done with MMORPGs.

Its so sad no.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Pivotelite

Novice Member

3/26/13 6:57:37 PM#80
Originally posted by Laedermasken

I hate that the monsters show where they are Going to hit with large colorored spots . 

Looks horrible! And makes it too Easy imo you can avoid every attack just by looking at the circles and spots .

Graphicswise it looks cool but generic .

Yeah, biggest turn off for me at this point. I really hope they remove that crap.

I want to look at the enemy not the ground, it also trivializes the combat.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search